• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump followers invade the capitol

ygolo

My termites win
So...does this now finally count as a coup attempt? Albeit an incompetent and disorganized one.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Cost of living vs income, high poverty and homelessness, extreme disparities between upper and lowest classes, declining infrastructure et al.

Economically we are worse off than any other so-called first world country. We are post-first world, which essentially makes us second world.

If it helps, don’t think of us in terms of what you think of when you imagine most second world countries—think of us as a second world empire. Late period Western Roman Empire, if you will. Break the USA down into regions and you see a handful of prosperous oases scattered around several larger second world regions.

Yes, but the order of the worlds isn't some kind of ladder. US is indeed sinking but in my book the general trend is towards 3rd world dynamic. Instability, mass poverty, weak institutions, post colonialism, strong religion .... etc. Since second world means stability, very large institutions, limited or no cultural link at all to colonialism, open repression of religion ....etc. Therefore your only link to second world is decaying democracy and perhaps poverty issues (what come with the 3rd world status as well). Therefore you can go directly from the first world to the third world. Since this is triangle constellation dynamic rather than linear scale.

However this entire cold war divide should probably be scrapped because it doesn't really describe the world of today. Which is basically a multi-polar game of thrones with quite complicated dynamic.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So...does this now finally count as a coup attempt? Albeit an incompetent and disorganized one.

I’ve been debating this in my head myself and lean YES. These guys were poorly organized and clowns so it’s initially easy to write them off, but they had their leader’s backing. A better organized, more strategically inclined group of people very well could’ve succeeded in their goals. This should be a warning and not dismissed as a one-off or protesters, as some are labeling them.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The intent was there, so of course.

I mean, if this violence had resulted in the certifications being rescinded and he would get another term, do you seriously think he would have said, "No, NO, guys -- I was only kidding. I didn't REALLY want you to threaten Congress and throw the votes out the window and disrupt democracy -- please, Joe Biden, take office in two weeks."

Call a duck a duck. Especially if it is a gut-toting, overthrow the gov duck.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Probably the best thing in all this is that now to the very last lawmaker in the country it will become perfectly clear that something concrete has to be done for the country/people. Since in the bottom line the reality simply caught up with them yesterday. The alarm that is unwise to ignore.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The intent was there, so of course.

I mean, if this violence had resulted in the certifications being rescinded and he would get another term, do you seriously think he would have said, "No, NO, guys -- I was only kidding. I didn't REALLY want you to threaten Congress and throw the votes out the window and disrupt democracy -- please, Joe Biden, take office in two weeks."

Call a duck a duck. Especially if it is a gut-toting, overthrow the gov duck.

of course. he can play both sides. it didn't work in his favor so he can act like he was on the side of the law, but based on his past rhetoric and attitudes about the election, I find it hard to believe any excuses made in his defense now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
of course. he can play both sides. it didn't work in his favor so he can act like he was on the side of the law, but based on his past rhetoric and attitudes about the election, I find it hard to believe any excuses made in his defense now.

It doesn't matter what you and I believe. Many people perceived his character and modus operandi early in his presidency.

What matters is that the people who can actually put a stop to this crap / whack some people over the head not just believe it but actually can and will act on it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It doesn't matter what you and I believe. Many people perceived his character and modus operandi early in his presidency.

What matters is that the people who can actually put a stop to this crap / whack some people over the head not just believe it but actually can and will act on it.

They won't. Dems or independents planning to run in these states or districts need to put this shit front and center and say - do you really think no one knew? No idea that this was planned at all? Do you really think Republicans weren't aware or better yet, part of this?

ErFr4kYXIAACdp8.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol that shirt. their memes and references are so lame. the right can't meme.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Barr says Trump's conduct is a 'betrayal' of the presidency

These guys. They all enabled him and protected him. Now that he's out of office effectively though ... they turn on him to pretend they didn't contribute to the current state.

Speaking of that piece of shit...

Protesters for racial justice were teargassed, kettled, + disappeared into unmarked vehicles. In contrast, we saw mobs of unmasked, right-wing thugs treated with respect + gentleness by police in the nation’s capital.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Speaking of that piece of shit...

Protesters for racial justice were teargassed, kettled, + disappeared into unmarked vehicles. In contrast, we saw mobs of unmasked, right-wing thugs treated with respect + gentleness by police in the nation’s capital.

Similar complains are made in Brazil.

Jaguar

What's on your mind, Nancy.

Wacko alert:

Man who posed at Pelosi desk said in Facebook post that he is prepared for violent death

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Dude, in the genuine 2nd world countries there are no elections at all. There is only "THE PARTY".

True

and in third world countries that are decolonized we only have 2 parties with the same person in power for 10+ years... so what the hell is merica now?