• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump 2020

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Doesn't matter what you said, it is what you implied, as it is required to hold any credible argument. No matter what association you espout, doesn't mean it holds the opinions of Americans. This is a democracy, not a technocracy.

If most Americans support Trump/ the Republican agenda, why do most Republicans seem to salivate at the idea of stopping people from voting? There was a Republican guy who used to post here who liked to express support for the idea that nobody under 30 should be allowed to vote, for instance. If these ideas were really as popular as you claim, why do people who believe in them so often want to reduce suffrage?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If most Americans support Trump/ the Republican agenda, why do most Republicans seem to salivate at the idea of stopping people from voting? There was a Republican guy who used to post here who liked to express support for the idea that nobody under 30 should be allowed to vote, for instance. If these ideas were really as popular as you claim, why do people who believe in them so often want to reduce suffrage?

For the same reason Democrats lie to get people to vote for them. It is controlling the public idea, and voter base. I have never heard of those voting under 30 should be restricted, sounds like a radical point of view. If I had my way, people couldn't vote till 21. Just like everything fucking else in USA. You can die for your country, and murder people at 18, but you cannot drink. That is the biggest fucking bullshit I have ever seen.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For the same reason Democrats lie to get people to vote for them. It is controlling the public idea, and voter base. I have never heard of those voting under 30 should be restricted, sounds like a radical point of view. If I had my way, people couldn't vote till 21.

Dude, you just proved my point. You literally gave a suggestion for how you think more people should be prohibited from voting.

Why is it that people with an ideology that supposedly represents "the majority of Americans" think too many people are allowed to vote?

I think I know why:

It seems to be because they think that there are plenty of groups and demographics that can't be trusted to make good decisions. And the reason they think those groups can't be trusted to make good decisions is because what is defined as a "good decision" is naturally the same decision they would make. Which calls their confidence that a "majority of Americans" support their ideas into doubt, because they don't seem to think a majority of Americans should be able to vote. The eligible voters should be tweaked just enough to get that edge because the ideas don't actually have enough support as a simple game of numbers. That's why things like the electoral college or a constitutional amendment that prevents people with dyed hair from voting in federal elections are things Republicans salivate over.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dude, you just proved my point. You literally gave a suggestion for how you think more people should be prohibited from voting.

Why is it that people with an ideology that supposedly represents "the majority of Americans" think too many people are allowed to vote?

I think I know why:

It seems to be because they think that there are plenty of groups and demographics that can't be trusted to make good decisions. And the reason they think those groups can't be trusted to make good decisions is because what is defined as a "good decision" is naturally the same decision they would make. Which calls their confidence that a "majority of Americans" support their ideas into doubt, because they don't seem to think a majority of Americans should be able to vote. The eligible voters should be tweaked just enough to get that edge because the ideas don't actually have enough support as a simple game of numbers. That's why things like the electoral college or a constitutional amendment that prevents people with dyed hair from voting in federal elections are things Republicans salivate over.

The only reason I think people should be withheld from voting, is that the average person's brain isnt even entirely developed till 25. Don't accuse me of not abiding by my own standard, when I am playing by the current rules. Until the master rule changes, I am playing the game by what is already there. Nothing more, or less. If you want to call into question about public opinon on who should vote or not, do not include me in the equation for calling for less voters. I don't care how many voters their are, they will be abused the same as any demographic that votes. I just think it is far too easy, and harmful to them.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The only reason I think people should be withheld from voting, is that the average person's brain isnt even entirely developed till 25. Don't accuse me of not abiding by my own standard, when I am playing by the current rules. Until the master rule changes, I am playing the game by what is already there. Nothing more, or less. If you want to call into question about public opinon on who should vote or not, do not include me in the equation for calling for less voters. I don't care how many voters their are, they will be abused the same as any demographic that votes. I just think it is far too easy, and harmful to them.

I don't buy that. You want less voters.

Here, let me do the math for you:

People over 21 who can vote + People between 18 and 21 who can vote > People over 21 who can vote.

Less voters.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
but conservatism is totally an idea the majority of voters support, which is totes why we need to keep things like the electoral college and raise the voting age.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Just putting this up here for when people start droning - Trump will win if the economy...

46 Percent of Americans Say Their Financial Status Has Stayed the Same Under Trump, And 21 Percent Say It's Deteriorated

"There's a fair number of people in the nation who look at things like the record low unemployment rate" and other positive indicators and "feel as if the boasting of those things is not consistent with their experience," Mark Hamrick, senior economic analyst at Bankrate told Newsweek. "Many Americans feel they're facing significant financial challenges."

Wage growth has struggled through the recession, with the Economic Policy Institute describing it as "slow and flat." Increases in household income have not matched the pace of inflation, according to Investopedia.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

This attitude is pretty on brand for conservatives and Republicans.

Leaked audio: Trump adviser says Republicans rely on voter suppression - Business Insider

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't buy that. You want less voters.

Here, let me do the math for you:

People over 21 who can vote + People between 18 and 21 who can vote > People over 21 who can vote.

Less voters.

I prefer overly informed votes, since the average American is too heavily influenced by the media, radical internet, and radicalized outspoken minority. It takes a few years to realize how to critically think.

Also, I never said Conservatism was what majority of people think I said there were more conservatives, than progressive leftists. Excluding the independents, moderates, and non-voting population.

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
He is a pathological liar, which is a disorder that causes habitual, unable-to-stop lying. 12,000 lies in three years... half the time for shit that doesn't matter - watch this and explain to me why, or how.

I want to single this out to emphasize the 'crazy person' thing that I was getting at in this post, because it's likely most people won't see that video, and it really sums up EXACTLY what I... not me, everyone... is saying. I want to include the words in the video for fear most people will not see it. I've included a crapload of examples of all kinds in all my previous posts, but I'm just singling this one out just to make sure at least one thing is seen by people.

This is from the day Trump received the letter from Kim Jong-un. Upon meeting the press, Trump says this to them...

"A letter was given to me by Kim Jong-un, and that letter was a very nice letter OH WOULD YOU LIKE to see what was in that letter. How much? How much? HOW MUCH?"

Press: "Can you just give us a flavor of what the letter said?"

"It was a very interesting letter, and at some point I may be, it may be appropriate, I'll be able to give it to you maybe. You'll be able to see it, and maybe fairly soon"

Then eight minutes later, during the exact same discussion with the exact same person, he said this...

Press: "Mr. president, what was your response to the letter? Did you send anything back?"

"No I didn't, I haven't seen the letter yet. I purposely didn't open the letter. I haven't opened it. I didn't open it in front of the director. I said "Would you want me to open it?" He said "You said you can read it later". I may be in for a big surprise folks!"

Okaaaay... as it was noted by the person in the video, this is someone who is not all there mentally. Doesn't even notice that he just blatantly contradicted himself... just does it casually, as if nothing out of the ordinary just happened... that's what every doctors' association is referring to when they say "He has dementia, pathological lying, narcissistic personality disorder, etc etc" - it is not an 'opinion'.

And it's very hard to single this out without including another bunch of stuff to emphasize the point more in case this one didn't do it... but I have to leave it there, as the point of this post was to single out just one thing, not put a bunch of things.

Despotic Ocelot

Permabanned
And the overarching, biggest kicker in all of this? HE DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRESIDENT. He DID NOT run for president 'for real', he only did it as a publicity stunt because he was in the middle of trying to get another season of The Apprentice approved, and due to the ratings of last season the network was balking. So he ran for president to get his public profile up, hoping it would make the network want to capitalize on any fame he acquired while 'running for president'.

And this is something that's been relayed to us by everyone on his campaign staff... Sam Nunberg, remember him? Top 2016 campaign official, was all over the news 2 years ago while he was defying Robert Mueller's subpoenas DRUNKENLY, literally drunk, on every channel? He said this, so did everyone else, it has been well-documented even down to the donors Trump tried to court before launching his campaign, who also corroborated this.

He didn't want to be president, and he doesn't know anything about anything. He even reads at a 4th grade level as shown by Factbase, which has tracked presidents' reading levels ever since Herbert Hoover in 1928. It's like this dumbass just stumbled into the presidential race, then the dumbass former Palin cult members attached themselves to their new cult leader and sent him to the White House, all the while the dude was literally just fucking around. And the cult projects all this "infallible, great & knowledgeable dear leader" shit onto him, even though he knows nothing & was just fucking around... it's like a fucking comedy movie.

This is a guy that tried to get the military to nuke hurricanes when they form so that they could get rid of them!!!!!! They told us that "After he said that, it was like a gnat farted in the room it was so quiet from everyone's stunned silence". I MEAN!!! Helloooooooooooooooo cult members, wakey wakey, snap out of it!!!!!

Please note that for any instance of me making a claim, ie "He doesn't know anything", I have a billion incidents I can point to given to us by his own top cabinet members that show exactly that, but I'm trying to keep this short. THE MAN DOESN'T EVEN KNOW HOW TIME ZONES WORKED, he kept waking up heads of states with dumbass phone calls about nothing, and each time had to have time zones explained to him, NOT A JOKE NOT MAKING IT UP.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I prefer overly informed votes, since the average American is too heavily influenced by the media, radical internet, and radicalized outspoken minority. It takes a few years to realize how to critically think.

Joining a personality cult is not critical thinking.

Also, I never said Conservatism was what majority of people think I said there were more conservatives, than progressive leftists. Excluding the independents, moderates, and non-voting population.

Good thing conservative candidates have no problems winning the popular vote, then.

Conservatives often want less voters because the "popularity" of their ideas necessitates a reduced electorate.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Zero evidence other than he said/she said. If it happened, where is the transcript? I also want your definition on "voter suppression". Common definition says "Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting." Which is not illegal, or unfounded. Both parties do this.

Just putting this up here for when people start droning - Trump will win if the economy...

46 Percent of Americans Say Their Financial Status Has Stayed the Same Under Trump, And 21 Percent Say It's Deteriorated

The data shows 32% of people were favorable to Trump's change, as opposed to 21% saying it didnt. The rest said it didn't change. How is this negative? Has it occured to you that people just do not pay attention? No change, is better than negative change.
s1-g1-desktop.jpg

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Joining a personality cult is not critical thinking.

Good thing conservative candidates have no problems winning the popular vote, then.

Conservatives often want less voters because the "popularity" of their ideas necessitates a reduced electorate.

Define personality cult? That is like saying joining an group is a cult. Sorry to break it to you, but humans are tribal.

Nothing the Republicans have done necessitates "reducing electorals", give me one example. The only think I can thing of that even approaches that ground, is wanting to have California succeed from the union. Which it wants, and so does everyone else want. No one wants to be associated with a 3rd world cesspool.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whether conservatives are more numerous than progressive left voters or not, it is obvious that conservative voters must not have a great deal of faith that moderates or independents will support their ideas in great enough numbers that they will win by a majority. If they did, they would not defend the salivate over the prospect of raising the voting age, champion the merits of the electoral college, and try to game the system in other ways. I think on some level, conservatives realize that they possess fringe beliefs that are not shared by a majority of Americans; they're just really good at skewing things so they win anyway.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

The GOP is a radical outspoken minority who inflict their beliefs and policy on the majority, which are liberal centrist moderate Dems. But I have never seen you or any other Trump supporter admit this - which would be much more critical thinking than yammering on and on and on about the teeny tiny amount of progressive leftists, political brownie points or radical internet.

But you aren't wrong that there are less progressive leftists than conservatives, however conservatives almost all vote the same, making them no different than any garden variety Republican. The difference is that the GOP is losing voters due to Trump's behavior and failed GOP domestic policy. The DSA, the home of the progressive leftists, had 6500 members in the fall of 2014. Now it is about 56,000. The GOP had just under 33,000 as of 2019. Tyranny of the minority.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Zero evidence other than he said/she said. If it happened, where is the transcript? I also want your definition on "voter suppression". Common definition says "Voter suppression is a strategy used to influence the outcome of an election by discouraging or preventing specific groups of people from voting." Which is not illegal, or unfounded. Both parties do this.

The data shows 32% of people were favorable to Trump's change, as opposed to 21% saying it didnt. The rest said it didn't change. How is this negative? Has it occured to you that people just do not pay attention? No change, is better than negative change.
s1-g1-desktop.jpg

lol Ok.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Define personality cult? That is like saying joining an group is a cult. Sorry to break it to you, but humans are tribal.

A personality cult is where a political figure acquires a godlike status. Such as, for instance, Trump is not a foolish old billionaire who vastly overestimates his competency because he is actually playing five-dimensional chess, an assertion stated without any actual evidence, and thus, a pure act of faith.

Nothing the Republicans have done necessitates "reducing electorals", give me one example. The only think I can thing of that even approaches that ground, is wanting to have California succeed from the union. Which it wants, and so does everyone else want. No one wants to be associated with a 3rd world cesspool.

Every time you say that Republicans don't want to game the system so they can have an artifical majority, you give an example of how you want to game the system so you can have an artificial majority.