• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Toxic Feminism

When you think "feminism", what do you think of?

• Total voters

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9

- - - Updated - - -

Thats what a realistic fight between a man and woman looks like.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Feminism has that covered. Presenting Men 2.0:

oxford2.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. like "I don't do well with people telling me what to do"

This was actually a legitimate excuse in my case. I considered either a career as an officer or in law enforcement but concluded I simply lacked the mindset required to put myself in those roles of authoritarian/subservience to hierarchy. I didn't want to follow rules I disagreed with, I didn't want to bust teenagers for having dimebags of marijuana, yadda yadda.

I am a crack shot with a rifle (and a bow and arrow), but there's a lot more to military/police service than shooting guns well. I'm not sure I could kill people under orders (I probably could, but I don't know what sort of psychological damage it would do to me), which sort of cancels out my skills with projectile weapons. Private Gomer Pyle was a talented rifleman but he too proved to be a poor soldier as far as the adjustment to that life goes.

Well, I suppose feminism makes room for wimpy dudes like me, so yay feminism?

Oh yeah, white feathers though.

Lark

what are the political symbols of feminism? Does feminism have a flag?

I'm interested in political symbols and which ideologies have lots and which ideologies have little or none and why at the minute.

Starry

I'm interested in political symbols and which ideologies have lots and which ideologies have little or none and why at the minute.

A pale pink banner with a massive strap-on pinned over crossed rifles...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

A white feather pinned to a whipping post.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anecdotal is an interesting way to characterize the data I presented female biology vs male biology. What happens when a female needs to oh I don't know drag a 200lb man out of a truck with body armor on. What happens when a female is faced with hand to hand combat in the field, I can think,of a million scenarios where the paucity of upper body strength and fighting prowess would be a near death sentence. Could Kyuuie beat me in,a fight?
I would beat her like a rented drum.
How presumptuous. Have you ever met Kyuuei in person? It all depends on the man, and the woman; on their specific physical makeup, and even more on their training. Women do go into many physical activities at a disadvantage, because they are not trained to develop and to use their strength. They are told to "leave it for the men".

Of course, because most women are not taught to fight, and are scolded for engaging in the kind of roughhousing or schoolyard fighting often overlooked or even encouraged in boys.

I am a crack shot with a rifle (and a bow and arrow), but there's a lot more to military/police service than shooting guns well. I'm not sure I could kill people under orders (I probably could, but I don't know what sort of psychological damage it would do to me), which sort of cancels out my skills with projectile weapons. Private Gomer Pyle was a talented rifleman but he too proved to be a poor soldier as far as the adjustment to that life goes.

Well, I suppose feminism makes room for wimpy dudes like me, so yay feminism?
Feminism recognizes that we are better off giving that sniper job to a woman who is an equally good shot, AND able to kill when necessary without hesitation. The Russians figured this one out long ago. People that insistent on the notion that certain military specialties are best done by men overlook the fact that other specialties may be best done by women. This alone is a good indication that it isn't about taking advantage of individual ability, or even military readiness; it's about keeping women out and maintaining the status quo for its own sake.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION] probably learned hand to hand combat and shit. I know a little MMA but she'd probably whoop my ass.

That's kind of hot. Females in military uniforms and cop uniforms are kind of hot. Especially the cops when they have the ponytail under the police hat.

:wubbie::content::cop::pinkcuffs::fireplace:

Disco's kind of being a tool. Does he even have any fighting experience? I bet I'd beat him like a drum.

I still think feminism is kinda whack though, but I'd invite some chicks to join my zombie apocalypse survival team if they could handle themselves and kick some ass.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
[MENTION=4939]kyuuei[/MENTION] probably learned hand to hand combat and shit. I know a little MMA but she'd probably whoop my ass.

That's kind of hot. Females in military uniforms and cop uniforms are kind of hot. Especially the cops when they have the ponytail under the police hat.

:wubbie::content::cop::pinkcuffs::fireplace:

Disco's kind of being a tool. Does he even have any fighting experience? I bet I'd beat him like a drum.

I still think feminism is kinda whack though, but I'd invite some chicks to join my zombie apocalypse survival team if they could handle themselves and kick some ass.

I'm 6'2" 240 pounds and spent years fighting for fun.

2473_1121961169234_6908486_n.jpg

1929079_1138480982219_1839030_n.jpg

I'm back row 3rd from left.

19457_1343313262898_6969766_n.jpg

She could run and get away from me, I'm not currently in great shape.

But all I would need to do is get a hold of her wrist once.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Of course, because most women are not taught to fight, and are scolded for engaging in the kind of roughhousing or schoolyard fighting often overlooked or even encouraged in boys.

Emily Blunts character is actually very highly trained and you can tell in that scene when she pushes the man in the chest as hard as she can to make a go for her service weapon. You can see that she's using her training its just not working.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, there are techniques for getting from under a man when he's strangling/raping you. At least, that's what I was taught in Jiu Jitsu. We also got techniques on how to escape a guy's grip, and how to finish the job - aka, disable him so he can't or won't grab you/chase you, by taking out an elbow, shoulder or knee, for example.

Even a man's body has weak spots you can easily exploit - and they rarely require much force; just precision.

But sure, if they have the same level of training, it comes down to speed for women or bodily strength for men.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Actually, there are techniques for getting from under a man when he's strangling/raping you. At least, that's what I was taught in Jiu Jitsu. We also got techniques on how to escape a guy's grip, and how to finish the job - aka, disable him so he can't or won't grab you/chase you, by taking out an elbow, shoulder or knee, for example.

Even a man's body has weak spots you can easily exploit.

But sure, if they have the same level of training, it comes down to speed for women or bodily strength for men.

A woman well (and I mean well) trained in Judo or Jiu Jitsu may have a shot against an untrained man. But that's a big if.

A tazer or pepper spray are ok, but I'm of the opinion that they are deterrents at best that also required a cool head to use in the moment. For the love of god get training with what ever self protective path you take ladies. The best hammer in the world won't matter if you don't know how to hit a nail.

If you don't like firearms I would recommend at least a knife, and the training to use it. A lot of women are very fast and can be deadly. Think arya stark with needle.

A man is down for the count if you cut that tendon behind his knee.

Just food for thought.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A woman well (and I mean well) trained in Judo or Jiu Jitsu may have a shot against an untrained man. But that's a big if.

A tazer or pepper spray are ok, but I'm of the opinion that they are deterrents at best that also required a cool head to use in the moment. For the love of god get training with what ever self protective path you take ladies. The best hammer in the world won't matter if you don't know how to hit a nail.

If you don't like firearms I would recommend at least a knife, and the training to use it. A lot of women are very fast and can be deadly. Think arya stark with needle.

Just food for thought.

I've seen my sensei back in the day take on brown and black belts - men, who were in their 20s and in prime shape, when she was in her 50s and had a limp :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, you guys have that body strength going for you, but it also makes you arrogant, sloppy and slow in an actual fight against a woman, ime.

Sure, one wrong move, and you're done for. But they often don't realise the same is true for them :)

Crushing their knee joint, or forcing their elbow to bend the wrong way tends to work just fine. As does hitting the solar plexus, or the nose bone with your palm. I don't know the laws over there, but here (or at least, in Belgium back in the day) you're not allowed to use deadly force if you're trained, unless in utter self-defence, and even then, which is why you're trained to take out something that will keep them collapsed or disabled in the moment. Technically, if you're trained in martial arts, you only disable as much as you have to to get away, if memory serves.

I've made all my boyfriends eat floor during play-wrestling. And sure, that's not a life or death situation, but it's a man who is sitting on top of you, pinning your arms down down on a bed with all their might. All of them ate floor - repeatedly so. Including the one with two black belts - one in karate and one in jiu-jitsu, and had no fucking clue how he got there - and was severely butthurt over the fact that he was bested by a girl. The ability to put your legs behind your ears, the leverage angle of wide hips and massive thigh strenght are all things men seem to have trouble anticipating - especially when they re oh so focused on using their own advantage - upper body strength.

Like I said - arrogance on his side and lightning fast precision on yours gets you everywhere.

Last edited:

Lark

Just food for thought.

I can think of a lot of ways carrying or possessing a weapon isnt going to work out in someones favour.

The point about untrained is a good one, a lot of the time when people discuss rape its like the perp is going to be a moron, which leaves people unprepared for the reality of individuals who're often likely to be far more sophisticated predators, even practiced in the crimes they're trying to commit.

Also a lot of the discussion about women protecting themselves or men protecting women from rapists presupposes that the rapists is a male targetting female, as opposed to male, targetting a male, male targetting children, in both the literature and experience of professionals I've known who have any dealings with offenders they may have sexual preferences but their offending behaviour is not necessarily dictated by or corresponding to the same. Prison time for example can influence it.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm 6'2" 240 pounds and spent years fighting for fun.

2473_1121961169234_6908486_n.jpg

1929079_1138480982219_1839030_n.jpg

I'm back row 3rd from left.

19457_1343313262898_6969766_n.jpg

She could run and get away from me, I'm not currently in great shape.

But all I would need to do is get a hold of her wrist once.

Maybe. I've seen small women (and dudes) take down huge dudes at the MMA place my family used to go. Sometimes size works against fighters

Lark

I've seen my sensei back in the day take on brown and black belts - men, who were in their 20s and in prime shape, when she was in her 50s and had a limp :shrug:

Don't get me wrong, you guys have that body strength going for you, but it also makes you arrogant, sloppy and slow in an actual fight against a woman, ime.

Sure, one wrong move, and you're done for. But they often don't realise the same is true for them :)

Crushing their knee joint, or forcing their elbow to bend the wrong way tends to work just fine. As does hitting the solar plexus, or the nose bone with your palm. I don't know the laws over there, but here (or at least, in Belgium back in the day) you're not allowed to use deadly force if you're trained, unless in utter self-defence, and even then, which is why you're trained to take out something that will keep them collapsed or disabled in the moment. Technically, if you're trained in martial arts, you only disable as much as you have to to get away, if memory serves.

I've made all my boyfriends eat floor during play-wrestling. And sure, that's not a life or death situation, but it's a man who is sitting on top of you, pinning your arms down down on a bed with all their might. All of them ate floor - repeatedly so. Including the one with two black belts - one in karate and one in jiu-jitsu, and had no fucking clue how he got there - and was severely butthurt over the fact that he was bested by a girl.

Like I said - arrogance on his side and lightning fast precision on yours gets you everywhere.

Those sorts of strength or fight scenarios in my experience are not what most victims of rape report, instead, its someone known to them who incapacitated them somehow, drugs, alcohol, blackmail, terror, there may have been violence in addition to that, its a big feature of rape per se and I think some of the redefinition of it as a crime of violence as opposed to sexual behaviour is warranted.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Even a man's body has weak spots you can easily exploit - and they rarely require much force; just precision.

I did martial arts for a number of years in my youth, and it's true... there are techniques that you can use to take down some bigger from you if they do something like grab you from behind. It's not just fantasy.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Anecdotal is an interesting way to characterize the data I presented female biology vs male biology. What happens when a female needs to oh I don't know drag a 200lb man out of a truck with body armor on. What happens when a female is faced with hand to hand combat in the field, I can think,of a million scenarios where the paucity of upper body strength and fighting prowess would be a near death sentence. Could Kyuuie beat me in,a fight?

Virtually any argument you're making against women could apply to smaller men and yet they're allowed to try out (and still often make it). The reality is that being the only person around to carry a teammate or engaging in hand to hand fighting are both rare and even males will come up against tasks like this that they can't complete. Luckily in war we have technology, teams, techniques, and weapons. The reality is that upper body strength is very rarely going to be a deciding factor in anything in war, regardless of how you might envision it. With that said, I had a friend in the military that was female that beat a number of men in combatives competitions. Is it typical? No, but SEALs aren't typical either.

- - - Updated - - -

I would beat her like a rented drum.

The fact that you updated to post this shows what kind of man you are.