• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Tomb1

It is one of the most Brady-esque things I've ever seen. He has built an entire hall of fame career off being the beneficiary of terrible calls. That said, Cowboys win NFC Least if Dak Prescott stays healthy.

refs dropped the ball there. and they were catchin' everything on Tampa up until that point. bucs were lookin' pretty ugly with all the flags and fumbles

prescott has good instincts...did a superb job in the 1st half taking advantage of murphy-bunting's absence as jamal dean turned out to be the gift that kept on giving

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It is one of the most Brady-esque things I've ever seen. He has built an entire hall of fame career off being the beneficiary of terrible calls. That said, Cowboys win NFC Least if Dak Prescott stays healthy.
Yes. But I keep thinking about what happened in Baltimore yesterday.... 😬

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Royals destroying the Orioles?

These guys really are the absolute worst. I want them to go down in spectacular fashion, yet I'm not sure that's gonna happen...

Bruce Arians: Dak Prescott was great in return from injury, a shame he had to play Tom Brady

Edit: The new way of pasting links to other sites is 100x better.

After All-Pro cornerback Marcus Peters suffered a reported season-ending ACL tear one play after running back Gus Edwards reportedly did the same Thursday, words such as snake-bitten, cursed and unlucky didn't seem strong enough to describe the preseason from hell for a team with lofty postseason expectations.
I also think pasting links, quotes and pics is much better.

Jaguar

GfYw.gif

Tomb1

Bills gave up a very stupid touchdown on a blocked punt and got mired down in flags for holding....needed to run Singletary more

By the second half Steelers defense really had the Bill's number both at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield (the Steelers' defensive backs put on a clinic that second half)....not much Bills could get away with there and without mixing in a running game Bills' offense got to one- dimensional and easy to predict.

In spite of a less than stellar performance from the Bills it was nice to see Allen hit his high gear after that sack by Watt at the end of the first half....when Allen catches a gear the Bills will be especially deadly because of that squad of very talented Wide Receivers he's got to choose from

Tomb1

Bills defense looked like the bills defensive unit of 2019 rather than 2020....good sign for the Bills when Allen can throw under his usual numbers and put up a 35-0 win (Allen threw 400+ yards against the Dolphins in Game 2 last year and the Bills barely won.) even though Tua wasn't in the game for much of it the Bills D was still pummeling that Dolphins line even before they put Tua out...I don't think it would have made any real difference if Tua stayed in and its not like he's some great qb anyway. It was more that Dolphins line was just getting steamrolled

Last edited:

Tomb1

Mac Jones earned his bones last night....Brady got away with that one by the skin of his teeth in spite of all his overthrown passes

i am looking forward to the Bills-Chiefs game next week....that can't be more than a 3 point spread. Bills have been playing as a complete team and consistent but now need to beat a tough team to make a real statement (especially after that the loss in week 1 to the Steelers)

Tomb1

I am looking forward to Fury v. Wilder tonight.

they did the weigh-in yesterday. 238 is too bloated for Wilder imo but fury still fights light on his feet at 270+

Though I lean towards Fury on this one, ultimately anything can happen because Wilder has got that eraser right and is a natural athlete (a 6'7 pure mesomorph)

Tomb1

What a game for Buffalo...the coverage on Tyreek Hill was phenomenol.

Great fight as well, but Wilder was too big at 238 pounds. All that extra muscle gassed him right out, and he was just fighting on pure instinct. If Wilder ever had the conditioning to still be averaging 30-40 solid shots into the later rounds he would have won by KO/TKO....guy hits like a sledgehammer.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
What a game for Buffalo...the coverage on Tyreek Hill was phenomenol.

Great fight as well, but Wilder was too big at 238 pounds. All that extra muscle gassed him right out, and he was just fighting on pure instinct. If Wilder ever had the conditioning to still be averaging 30-40 solid shots into the later rounds he would have won by KO/TKO....guy hits like a sledgehammer.
Didn't really like that Wilder declined Fury's attempt to shake hands and show sportsmanship at the end -- Dude has beat Wilder 3 times, at this point it should be undisputable that he's the better fighter. Good fight nonetheless, though.

As far as the NFL, I think the Chiefs have finally been figured out a bit, coupled with just some teams hitting on the quarterback position lately (Cardinals, Rams, Chargers, Bills, Browns, Bengals), I don't think Mahomes' trips to the Superbowl are going to be nearly as easy as they have been lately. They definitely need to change up their offense a bit, though. Right now there isn't a real frontrunner in the NFL it seems.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Didn't really like that Wilder declined Fury's attempt to shake hands and show sportsmanship at the end -- Dude has beat Wilder 3 times, at this point it should be undisputable that he's the better fighter. Good fight nonetheless, though.

As far as the NFL, I think the Chiefs have finally been figured out a bit, coupled with just some teams hitting on the quarterback position lately (Cardinals, Rams, Chargers, Bills, Browns, Bengals), I don't think Mahomes' trips to the Superbowl are going to be nearly as easy as they have been lately. They definitely need to change up their offense a bit, though. Right now there isn't a real frontrunner in the NFL it seems.
Even Tampa had problems last night with the Eagles in the last quarter (Tom Brady is injured though). Arizona seems to be the only frontrunner I can see at the moment.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pumped to see Lamar Jackson and Justin Herbert face off tomorrow.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it is safe to say that Justin Herbert is a grown ass man...

I'm a complete non-believers in Lamar Jackson, yet he keeps proving me wrong.
Get on the Lamar train, Stig! Before he wins a Super Bowl :D

Last edited:

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I knew the Cardinals would be an electric team this season, but I was thinking like 11 wins and a sleeper Wild Card team. They're on pace to exceed even that number.

Kyler keeps growing so much as a quarterback, and that's partly because they have so many improved offensive weapons like Chase Edmonds and Christian Kirk (as a Christian Kirk fan since his college days, I'm glad to see him get more reps).