• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The size of your top music lists

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
If you were to publish your list of top songs, how many would you include?

10?
100?
1000?

No one does 10,000, if someone publishes 10,000 songs they've just bought some space from servers and they've uploaded some random links or mp3's or whatever. So I don't think they have their heart with each and every one of the songs. I think they are just some data nerds or some business guys.

So, if you told the world what were your favorite songs, would you rather do a list of 10, 100 or 1000 songs? Also, what is your MBTI type?

yubitzu

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd do a top 10,because otherwise I'd take too long,and I think that taking too long to make a list is sort of a waste.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I could probably narrow it to 100, with 20 or so spots rotating periodically

INFP (as far as I’m concerned you can classify me however you wish)

I’m not fond of top lists. I have my favorites to be sure but trying to condense them into a rigid top 100 would seem to be more of a chore than anything. Mood determines my preference for any particular piece. I find myself listening based upon that a lot of the time. Other times I hit shuffle and let the tunes take me where they may.

So 1,000 songs minimum if I was forced to produce a list. What an arduous task that would be. I own far more music than that.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If someone asked me, I'd give 10 songs. Because I doubt someone wants me to give them an encyclopedia of music.

If I were publishing it on a blog, I'd give 1000 songs.

I've already published three lists of top 100s, my favorite top 100 pop singles of the 1980s, one for the 2000s, and another for the 2010s. I have plans to make two more decade lists. That would make an easy 500 tracks total. They don't include my underground choices, so I could easily get another 500.

Ain't nobody got time for listing a top 10,000 TBH.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not a big of lists. For me, there's no way I could make a static list of a top however many songs, as what I listen to and like at any given moment vary greatly and depend mostly based on my emotional state at that moment.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If someone asked me, I'd give 10 songs. Because I doubt someone wants me to give them an encyclopedia of music.

If I were publishing it on a blog, I'd give 1000 songs.

I've already published three lists of top 100s, my favorite top 100 pop singles of the 1980s, one for the 2000s, and another for the 2010s. I have plans to make two more decade lists. That would make an easy 500 tracks total. They don't include my underground choices, so I could easily get another 500.

Ain't nobody got time for listing a top 10,000 TBH.

that's why I was conservative in saying 100. But whenever I've tried to make favorites lists in my media player, the playlists grow to thousands of tracks. There is no way I could pick just 10. The second I did, I'd say, wait, what about these songs? And that one? and that one? shit.