• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Impeachment Thread

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
“It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation. The question then is not whether the president did it, but whether the United States Senate or the American people should decide what to do about what he did. I believe that the Constitution provides that the people should make that decision in the presidential election that begins in Iowa on Monday."

- Senator Lamar Alexander (R)

Stupid asshole he is. Who cares about justice? No, no, that's not important here anymore.

I sincerely hope Biden is elected and on the day he is inaugurated, Trump and Pence and a whole lot of others find their asses in jail, charged with crimes where spineless Senators won't have any say.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think today is a sadder day than the day he was elected.

Then much could be chalked up to naivete, gullibility, maybe misplaced optimism.

But today? Today we have someone who is supposed to represent this country who said I think he's guilty. But dealing with that would cause too big a mess. So we'll just let it go. What if Trump killed someone, like he bragged about being able to get away with? What if, one day, Pence pissed him off, and he BAM! shot him? Oh well, prosecuting would create too big a mess, so we'll just let him get away with it. We wouldn't want Pelosi to become president and we wouldn't want to further divide the nation.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As I said from the start I think that dems played this in a wrong way. This way they will just deliver him another victory and make him look like a victim.

Instead they should have pressed him hard publicly on policy: from losing allies globally, huge budget deficit, general human right, leaving positions open in wider administration, EPA stuff, playing with education ... good chunk of that wouldn't even piss off "the donors".

Jaguar

Stupid asshole he is. Who cares about justice? No, no, that's not important here anymore.

I sincerely hope Biden is elected and on the day he is inaugurated, Trump and Pence and a whole lot of others find their asses in jail, charged with crimes where spineless Senators won't have any say.

He may not have voted for more witnesses, but he condemned Trump's behavior. Were I a strategist for the Dems, I'd be all over Alexander's statement - creating ads with it to make Trump look like a complete asshole. :D

Lamar Alexander Just Gave Democrats What They Wanted - The Atlantic
If removing Trump from office was never a realistic outcome of impeachment, then securing Republican condemnation of the president’s behavior was the most the House could have hoped to achieve.

Senator Rob Portman of Ohio said in his own statement, “I do not believe that additional witnesses are needed. I have said consistently for the past four months, since the Zelensky transcript was first released, that I believe that some of the president’s actions in this case—including asking a foreign country to investigate a potential political opponent and the delay of aid to Ukraine—were wrong and inappropriate.”

Then you have the wanker king:

Marco Rubio of Florida, who will be nobody’s pick for an updated edition of Profiles in Courage, acknowledged that “just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a president from office.”

That is a pathetic statement because it's basically saying "Yeah, he's trash. I know. And he probably should have been impeached. But if we remove him, it could get worse!"

Seriously, WTF?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Impeachment in a nutshell.

>Biden, under Obama did some shady shit with Barista and his son in Ukraine, where investigations went inactive after Biden got the prosecutor fired, by withholding aide. WHICH HE BRAGGED ABOUT.

>Trump gets elected, ORANGE MAN BAD.

>Democrats fail at Russiagate, to remove Trump from office.

>Democrats try to blame Trump for breaking the law for percieved intention and feels. Aka whatever the fuck they say is against the law, is against the law.

>Democrats say they are going to impeach him, despite knowing its stupid, try to push it under a rug.

>Loud minority demands impeachment, or else.

>Democrats shit the bed, and fear retaliation. Push articles, and try to find a way out of this mess.

>Senate be like "No bitch, nothing impeachable in perceived intention, where is the evidence?. What about witnesses? House be like, "no fuck you. We are not allowing the Bidens in here". Senate be like. "Lol k, my mind is made up"

>impeachment fails. Dems have pikachushockedface.png.

>Dems scream corruption.

Wow.

Jaguar

Impeachment in a nutshell.

>Biden, under Obama did some shady shit with Barista and his son in Ukraine, where investigations went inactive after Biden got the prosecutor fired, by withholding aide. WHICH HE BRAGGED ABOUT.

>Trump gets elected, ORANGE MAN BAD.

>Democrats fail at Russiagate, to remove Trump from office.

>Democrats try to blame Trump for breaking the law for percieved intention and feels. Aka whatever the fuck they say is against the law, is against the law.

>Democrats say they are going to impeach him, despite knowing its stupid, try to push it under a rug.

>Loud minority demands impeachment, or else.

>Democrats shit the bed, and fear retaliation. Push articles, and try to find a way out of this mess.

>Senate be like "No bitch, nothing impeachable in perceived intention, where is the evidence?. What about witnesses? House be like, "no fuck you. We are not allowing the Bidens in here". Senate be like. "Lol k, my mind is made up"

>impeachment fails. Dems have pikachushockedface.png.

>Dems scream corruption.

Wow.

lol.

Jaguar

I called this shit weeks ago, and you know it. Even if you disagree with my viewpoint, I was right in how it would play out.

I'm laughing because you're intentionally posting false claims without any regard for what is actually true, but someone else is in the graveyard and you're not. :D

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm laughing because you're intentionally posting false claims without any regard for what is actually true, but someone else is in the graveyard and you're not. :D

What is truth, and what is false? What media do you consume? What media do you not consume? Your opinion is formulated entirely based on someone else's imagining. It is a war of propaganda, and those who claim the media is truth, are usually drinking the koolaid. What is factual? In the entire impeachment trial, there was zero tangible and physical evidence other than he said she said. If you can't draw the conclusion that that is not a reasonable argument, then you have consumed too much koolaid.

Jaguar

What is truth, and what is false? What media do you consume? What media do you not consume? Your opinion is formulated entirely based on someone else's imagining. It is a war of propaganda, and those who claim the media is truth, are usually drinking the koolaid. What is factual? In the entire impeachment trial, there was zero tangible and physical evidence other than he said she said. If you can't draw the conclusion that that is not a reasonable argument, then you have consumed too much koolaid.

Is there a reason you don't want to know there are Republicans who think what he did was wrong and endangered our national security? You can't live under a rock forever, dear. Quit blaming everything on one group of people.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there a reason you don't want to know there are Republicans who think what he did was wrong and endangered our national security? You can't live under a rock forever, dear.

Doing wrong is different than an impeachable offense. If I called you the n-word, it would be considered wrong. But it would not be an impeachable offense.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So you don't want to know. Check.

How exactly do you know anything, from the word of mouth from another, without verifying it yourself in person? We can safely say that any news, is going to be somewhat inaccurate. Regardless of biases. Then we add biases. So it is safe to assume, logically that some if not most news isn't 100% accurate. We can both agree that most news sites have biased leanings, regardless of what is fact.

So how do you tell apart the accurate from the inaccurate? How do you know if your opposition, or your commonly accepted tribe is false, or factual?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is accurate: Three U.S. presidents have been formally impeached by Congress—Andrew Johnson, Bill Clinton and Donald Trump.

How Many US Presidents Have Faced Impeachment? - HISTORY

Yes, that is accurate (based on false allegations). But how many times has impeachment been a partisan attempt to remove someone from office, that committed no crimes? Hence my claim that the impeachment was a circus. It is entirely partisan. How did that not send up red flags for you guys? Impeachment was designed to be used when BOTH sides agreed to impeachment. Since the Democrats provided no tangible evidence to a, mind you, secure call were only a select few were able to listen in on in person, that their argument was at all bi-partisan? Then filtering out all the people who just want to make a buck off publicity. This whole thing was a sham from the start. Those who refuse to see it as such, are willfully ignorant.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've seen this going around. I think he was mocking Pompeo rather than all Trump supporters (among other things, he says "he"), but I'm the only person I know who's even floated that idea.

Regardless, very bad optics. You want to give people a reason to not trust the media, or the "elites"? Want to alienate half the country? Delegitimize their concerns? Pour gasoline on the dumpster fire that is our political climate? That's how you do it.

Yes, that is accurate (based on false allegations). But how many times has impeachment been a partisan attempt to remove someone from office, that committed no crimes? Hence my claim that the impeachment was a circus. It is entirely partisan. How did that not send up red flags for you guys? Impeachment was designed to be used when BOTH sides agreed to impeachment. Since the Democrats provided no tangible evidence to a, mind you, secure call were only a select few were able to listen in on in person, that their argument was at all bi-partisan? Then filtering out all the people who just want to make a buck off publicity. This whole thing was a sham from the start. Those who refuse to see it as such, are willfully ignorant.
I don't understand the "partisan" thing. It's circular logic: If one party en masse says "I won't vote for a partisan impeachment," it becomes a partisan impeachment. Of all of the reasons to acquit right away -- or to not call witnesses -- that's probably the worst of them.

Doing wrong is different than an impeachable offense. If I called you the n-word, it would be considered wrong. But it would not be an impeachable offense.
Marco Rubio had an interesting thing to say about wrong and impeachable offenses: that an offense can be impeachable -- and that this one is -- but not warrant removal:
My Statement on the President’s Impeachment Trial - Senator Marco Rubio - Medium
Voting to find the President guilty would not just be a condemnation of his action. If I vote guilty, I will be voting to remove a President from office for the first time in the 243-year history of our Republic.
[...]
That is why six weeks ago I announced that, for me, the question would not just be whether the President’s actions were wrong, but ultimately whether what he did was removable.

The two are not the same. Just because actions meet a standard of impeachment does not mean it is in the best interest of the country to remove a President from office.

Nicodemus

The 51 cowards who yesterday voted to aid in Trump's coverup may very well have ensured the end of democracy in the US, such as it was. For all intents and purposes, US presidents can now safely act as dictators utterly unrestrained by law or even the Constitution.

This is will be marked as a very dark day in US history. I hope the people responsible will pay a price proportionate to the offense.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The 51 cowards who yesterday voted to aid in Trump's coverup may very well have ensured the end of democracy in the US, such as it was. For all intents and purposes, US presidents can now safely act as dictators utterly unrestrained by law or even the Constitution.

This is will be marked as a very dark day in US history. I hope the people responsible will pay a price proportionate to the offense.

Lol. It is amazing the ignorance of history out there. Do people even know anything of what past presidents have done? Don't need to go far. No need to past the previous two.

The biggest threat to democracy in America is not Trump, but the bipartisan America oligarchs who have largely controlled government. The media is one of their chief tools of control and manipulation and people like Trump and Bernie threaten their power.

Democracy doesn't mean rule by distant technocrats who dictate certain values. It means rule by the people. Brexit and Trump represent a celebration of democracy, not a decline from democracy.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Dems: I'm sorry the media got your hopes up, this was never going to end any other way.