• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
vAbCWDT.png

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, that's on par with "stand down and stand by," ain't it?

Two more weeks of this particular bullshit.

(Unless social media grows some cajones and yanks his accounts. Which should happen regardless after Jan 20 if more keeps getting posted. At that point, he should have no special immunity from regular discipline.)

So I have now read that the woman who was shot has died.
Does anyone know who she was, what she was doing there, and who shot her?
edit: Oh, I see Jag mentioned her too...

Impeachment, and then jail time for insurrection for a lot of folks. Do we really want this to happen again in the future, if there is no punishment for allowing this crap?

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
$900 billion on military spending and some discount Walmart boogaloos high on Cheetofuhrer can storm the Capitol? Unbelievable.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
$900 billion on military spending and some discount Walmart boogaloos high on Cheetofuhrer can storm the Capitol? Unbelievable.

Well that is the problem with all "revolutions", the security system can't really act as if it can with all the outside threats. Especially since in genuine large scale revolutions even the security system gets divided. Hopefully all of this will end with this "party" in DC but if it will not you will see much larger cracking in the ability of the system to act. Since part of the system will fight another part of the system.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He's just pissed you told him to shut up whatever it was. That's why I said my name isn't Nico.

Yeah, you're the Velvet Underground. I'm going to call you that from now on.

Did you know Mo Tucker actually became a Trump supporter? You have Trump supporters in your old band, too!

Edit: I don't see any confirmation that she supported Trump. She did support the Tea Party, though. Close enough.

Jaguar

Yeah, you're the Velvet Underground. I'm going to call you that from now on.

Did you know Mo Tucker actually became a Trump supporter? You have Trump supporters in your old band, too!

Edit: I don't see any confirmation that she supported Trump. She did support the Tea Party, though. Close enough.

There's something wrong with you.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Only 12 hours? FFS.

I think the deal is it stays locked for 12 hours after the tweets are removed by the users -- not sure how this works if Twitter removes something or simply locks it down. If the user never removes the Tweets, the account stays locked indefinitely.

He should just lose the account, honestly. it has caused enough trouble.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
The 25th Amendment Needs to be Invoked to Remove Trump Now

Pence's actions and words today seem to indicate this is quite likely:

(Edit: for example, giving the order to activate the National Guard rather than Trump. Pence, Not Trump, Activated the National Guard: Report)

But it’s always possible that, between now and January 20 when Trump’s term expires, the situation may become so extreme that he and eight other Cabinet members may find the modicum of personal courage and moral decency necessary to do the right thing.

Trump would put up a fight, but it wouldn’t matter this late in his presidency. Once Pence has transmitted the letter to Congress that makes him acting president, Trump may contest the vice-president’s actions via a letter of his own. Section Four, however, would give Pence four days to respond to this letter. After Pence did so, the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives could — by simple majority vote — decline to act on the substantive dispute for the remaining 21 days. (Meanwhile, Democrats could filibuster any action in the Senate.) Were it not the end of his term, Trump would return to office after 21 days if Congress failed to act.

This, in effect, means that Pence could become acting president and would remain in the position for the rest of the current administration’s term in office, as long as House Democrats acceded to the new status quo. For the good of the nation, he should do so immediately.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I seriously doubt Pence has the spine.

I wonder if McConnell has any idea of how culpable he is for how far this has gotten, for having enabled the "witch hunt" /"the impeachment is about undoing an election" narrative.

eta: People like Graham and Pence seem to just be delusional and/or too spineless to really have their own idea of reality (and they piggyback onto the reality of stronger personalities around them). But not McConnell. Not that he'd ever own up to it, but I wonder if he's realizing how much of this is his fault for being complicit for so long.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This whole family is messed up in the head. Like, how detached from reality? This is an ongoing thing with all of them. They've been able to live in their own little pocket reality.

Ivanka Trump Deleted A Tweet Calling The Capitol Attackers “American Patriots”
Tiffany Trump thought now was a good time to wish brother Eric Trump a happy birthday

I seriously doubt Pence has the spine.

Truly.

he typically either dissembles in an unflinching conscience-less monotone, or just disappears if the bald-face platitudes don't dissuade from the situation.

I wonder if McConnell has any idea of how culpable he is for how far this has gotten, for having enabled the "witch hunt" /"the impeachment is about undoing an election" narrative.

eta: People like Graham and Pence seem to just be delusional and/or too spineless to really have their own idea of reality (and they piggyback onto the reality of stronger personalities around them). But not McConnell. Not that he'd ever own up to it, but I wonder if he's realizing how much of this is his fault for being complicit for so long.

Not sure.