• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But, one thing I will bet on is that, once his presidency is over and the power it brings is no longer relevant, the words spoken about him will not be kind. Neither democrat nor republican will look back on the things he's done as favorable.

I wonder how long it will take though. People running for office will need to pander to his base, and there's a good chance his base will only double down on their support/devotion for years after he's gone. I can't find it now, but an article about cults and a particular kind of cognitive bias are coming to mind. (I'd started a thread about it after 45 got elected, and it's either been moved or deleted, but the tendency to actually double down on irrational beliefs as they're proven incorrect is a real thing that happens in groups).

I do think eventually this period of time will spur all sorts of "how did this happen?" psychological studies, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Donald J. Trump Middle School or two got started while we're waiting.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder how long it will take though. People running for office will need to pander to his base, and there's a good chance his base will only double down on their support/devotion for years after he's gone. I can't find it now, but an article about cults and a particular kind of cognitive bias are coming to mind. (I'd started a thread about it after 45 got elected, and it's either been moved or deleted, but the tendency to actually double down on irrational beliefs as they're proven incorrect is a real thing that happens in groups).

I do think eventually this period of time will spur all sorts of "how did this happen?" psychological studies, but I wouldn't be surprised if a Donald J. Trump Middle School or two got started while we're waiting.
That would be ironically appropriate, given how juvenile much of this administration's behavior has been. One can only hope that the staff at such a school would set a better example than its namesake has.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The media has done a good job convincing you that there is some sort of choice here. The funniest part about people who criticize trump is their myopia in seeing that trump is a distraction. Ultimately, no matter who wins, the outcome will be the same.

So when you criticize trump, whether you voted for him or not, realize that he is a reflection of you, and that he is now your leader because you have chosen to watch news programs about trump rather than act rationally. You are distracted and easily controlled, and when trump loses and someone like Obama is in office, you will feel a bit happier, and be twice as easily duped. After all, Obama expanded healthcare to private insurance companies with government contracts, and trump reduced their taxes. One is the right and and one is the left. Both are strangling you while you sing "I wish I was in Dixie" :(

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The media has done a good job convincing you that there is some sort of choice here. The funniest part about people who criticize trump is their myopia in seeing that trump is a distraction. Ultimately, no matter who wins, the outcome will be the same.

So when you criticize trump, whether you voted for him or not, realize that he is a reflection of you, and that he is now your leader because you have chosen to watch news programs about trump rather than act rationally. You are distracted and easily controlled, and when trump loses and someone like Obama is in office, you will feel a bit happier, and be twice as easily duped. After all, Obama expanded healthcare to private insurance companies with government contracts, and trump reduced their taxes. One is the right and and one is the left. Both are strangling you while you sing "I wish I was in Dixie" :(

Why do you assume everyone here is watching corporate cable news?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
can't we just send a double 0 agent to deal with the people interfering in the elections? I'm serious, just send a in a top secret hitman and put some bullets in the appropriate skulls and be done with it.

It's a matter of actual national security, and it's not like we've had a problem protecting our interests in the past.

Just have to maintain Plausible Deniability so Putin and Blofeld don't have any grounds to retaliate.

Seriously, dad, I have a gun in my room. You give me five seconds I'll get it, I'll come back down here BOOM I'll blow their brains out. It's no hassle--all I'm sayi--

So towards you I should be shot ? After all my posts here are basically interference into American elections. :cool:

Now serious answer: Most people who do that on a professional level are paid and well secured by governments. Therefore even if you hit them through all physical and administrative barriers there is no chance to prove you didn't know what you were doing. Especially since this surely involves almost thousands of people and you can't really make thousands of "accidents". What means that you will almost surely start open war with another nuclear powers. Therefore the only thing you can really do is to finds ways to cut them off as much as possible, use only paper ballots and most importantly you have to genuinely educated your own people, so that they get some resistance to BS (which is pretty much everywhere these days). Shouting slogans as political logic has become too dangerous at this point.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So towards you I should be shot ? After all my posts here are basically interference into American elections. :cool:

Now serious answer: Most people who do that on a professional level are paid and well secured by governments. Therefore even if you hit them through all physical and administrative barriers there is no chance to prove you didn't know what you were doing. Especially since this surely involves almost thousands of people and you can't really make thousands of "accidents". What means that you will almost surely start open war with another nuclear powers. Therefore the only thing you can really do is to finds ways to cut them off as much as possible, use only paper ballots and most importantly you have to genuinely educated your own people, so that they get some resistance to BS (which is pretty much everywhere these days). Shouting slogans as political logic has become too dangerous at this point.

Our best agent has already been dispatched to deal with you ;)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do you assume everyone here is watching corporate cable news?

:shrug: I've been accused of getting facts from CNN, FOX, and just about everywhere else. I don't know why people assume everyone is a drone watching cable news. Most people under 40 probably don't even watch those networks.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know why people assume everyone is a drone watching cable news. Most people under 40 probably don't even watch those networks.

Seriously. I don't even like MSNBC all that much. They're extremely pro-Biden and have a lot of neocons and I think a lot of people who watch it make the mistake of thinking the neocons are the "sane, rational Republicans" just because they don't like Trump isolationist tendencies (and probably aren't aware of anything else about them). I also feel like the slant they put on things prevents me from seeing the full picture. At the very least I'd like news separated from op-eds rather than mixed together.

I'm exposed to it more than I care to be because of my current living situation.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Our best agent has already been dispatched to deal with you ;)

Better send 3 of them: After all I am INTJ, Slav born in Communism, survived a war, I have a collapsed hard science career and now I am in the media with desire to become 1%, I never had a siblings or a SO and I live in a house on the hill that has one cold but big and acoustically isolated basement. Therefore I am really looking forwards to having a little chat with them. :evilgenius:

(in a way it is flattering when you realize that for decades Hollywood is making movies about you, Da!)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seriously. I don't even like MSNBC all that much. They're extremely pro-Biden and have a lot of neocons and I think a lot of people who watch it make the mistake of thinking the neocons are the "sane, rational Republicans" just because they don't like Trump isolationist tendencies (and probably aren't aware of anything else about them). I also feel like the slant they put on things prevents me from seeing the full picture. At the very least I'd like news separated from op-eds rather than mixed together.

I'm exposed to it more than I care to be because of my current living situation.

Trump's isolationism is one of the few areas I actually agree with him. It's a shame though, because of this idea that anything he supports is bad, that a levelheaded candidate like Tulsi has been slandered and dragged through the mud just for being anti-interventionist--any similarity to Trump basically ends there, yet you'd think she was a Russian agent based on some of the criticisms.

Though the dem establishment has always had an uneasy relationship with anti-war candidates, for instance Howard Dean got a lot of shit in 2004.

- - - Updated - - -

Better send 3 of them: After all I am INTJ, Slav born in Communism, survived a war, I have a collapsed hard science career and now I am in the media with desire to become 1%, I never had a siblings or a SO and I live in a house on the hill that has one cold but big and acoustically isolated basement. Therefore I am really looking forwards to having a little chat with them. :evilgenius:

(in a way it is flattering when you realize that for decades Hollywood is making movies about you, Da!)

In that case, maybe I'll send Rocky Balboa instead

Jaguar

Seriously. I don't even like MSNBC all that much. They're extremely pro-Biden

Not even close. Try pro-Warren. Obviously you don't watch MSNBC often. And how much time was given to the battleaxe in order to ramble on last night, when it was Cory Booker's time on the clock. Hell, Cory just stood there shaking his head while she bitched about a wealth tax. Thankfully a voice of reason came out of him:

Booker said that while he agrees with the need to do “all of those things," the wealth tax isn’t the way to do them. “But to tax the way you’re putting it forward, I’m sorry, it’s cumbersome," Booker said. It’s been tried by other nations.”

“If we as a party don’t start talking not just about how to tax wealth,” Booker said, “but how to give more people opportunities to create wealth, to grow businesses, to have their American dream — because yeah we need to raise the minimum wage, but the people in communities I frequent, their aspiration for their lives is not just to have those fair wages, they want to have an economy that provides not just equalities in wealth, but they want to have equalities in opportunity.”

At least Booker has some vision.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
:shrug: I've been accused of getting facts from CNN, FOX, and just about everywhere else. I don't know why people assume everyone is a drone watching cable news. Most people under 40 probably don't even watch those networks.

I haven't watched any of them for a couple years now, don't plan to. Independent news sources are out there so I support and use them.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hilarious to think any of this matters. In the end, we will intervene on behalf of our allies in the Middle East, expand corporate profits, continue to destroy the earth, increase wealth disparity, and recede from aiding countries that require humanitarian assistance.
this is the natural cycle of an empire. Over expand, destroy, kill and then pop like a bubble. Any debate about liberalism or conservatism in the meantime is pure stupidity.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hill was amazing. It's rare to see so much focus paired with so much composure.