• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
source.gif

I see what conclusion you're trying to make, but it is wrong. Yes Trump is a troll, and I find that hilarious. Hence aligning with my enjoyment of watching people fall for his antics repeatedly. I am not the only one who thinks this way either, it is pretty common even among non-supporters. I think the media deserves to be trolled too, because they are pieces of shit. But this doesn't mean what I do is with intent to troll. My mannerisms are nothing like Trump's apart from a handful of memes. I actually believe what I say, and I also believe Trump wants what's best for America. He can improve his mannerisms, I agree. But being polite and respectful doesn't work against his opponents. Its called beating them at their own game.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Oh sweetie, do you really truly believe the things you're saying?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh sweetie, do you really truly believe the things you're saying?

If I didn't, do you really think I'd stick around and endure the equivalent of mass beatings publicly for two years? Sacrificing my social relationships, because some people hate my politics, despite at the same time enduring crippling loneliness? Yeah, I think I do.

The Cat

Staff member
If I didn't, do you really think I'd stick around and endure the equivalent of mass beatings publicly for two years? Sacrificing my social relationships, because some people hate my politics, despite at the same.time enduring crippling loneliness? Yeah, I think I do.

In my experience people will endure much to fit in where they think they're supposed to. So I ask with all seriousness. It seems like your ideology has brought you nothing but suffering, why cling to it? Do you suppose that it makes you better than somehow? Again, this is not meant to be an insult to you, but a serious inquiry, I very much would like to understand your reasoning.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my experience people will endure much to fit in where they think they're supposed to. So I ask with all seriousness. It seems like your ideology has brought you nothing but suffering, why cling to it? Do you suppose that it makes you better than somehow? Again, this is not meant to be an insult to you, but a serious inquiry, I very much would like to understand your reasoning.

While I can't say I don't care what people think of me, and wish I wasn't this way. I can't betray my own feelings of doing what I think is right. Besides, at the end of the day. No one will ever know the actual truth. There is always the possibility I am the only correct one, or the only incorrect one. What would you do if you realized you were wrong after so long?

The Cat

Staff member
While I can't say I don't care what people think of me, and wish I wasn't this way. I can't betray my own feelings of doing what I think is right. Besides, at the end of the day. No one will ever know the actual truth. There is always the possibility I am the only correct one, or the only incorrect one. What would you do if you realized you were wrong after so long?

You're a very black and white person deep down arent you?

Very well then a question for a question. I've very recently realized I was wrong, it was something I had always known deep down, but spent all my effort and time "Trying to make the best of a bad situation" that is, I felt I couldnt betray my feeling of doing what I thought was right. I couldnt understand why I could only ever relax after I was full of booze or drugs, why I always felt like such an outsider everywhere. That I had no place among anyone. When there is only one acceptable outcome, and reality doesnt match it, for whatever reason. Oh it made me mad. But I had my "code" and even though I didnt believe it in my heart, I never would have admited it to a rival. It was killing me. Eventually I had to face up to it, because anyone who would get to know me, could see it if they really looked even a little. I had to eat some crow pride wise, but for the first time Im coming to a sense of self respect. In short. I found out I was wrong after a life time of sometimes even bleeding for that wrongness. So I'm fixing me. Adapt and overcome.

What do you actually believe? You seem to support Trump based on his perpetrating himself to be a victimized outsider; do you see yourself in this manner?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're a very black and white person deep down arent you?

Very well then a question for a question. I've very recently realized I was wrong, it was something I had always known deep down, but spent all my effort and time "Trying to make the best of a bad situation" that is, I felt I couldnt betray my feeling of doing what I thought was right. I couldnt understand why I could only ever relax after I was full of booze or drugs, why I always felt like such an outsider everywhere. That I had no place among anyone. When there is only one acceptable outcome, and reality doesnt match it, for whatever reason. Oh it made me mad. But I had my "code" and even though I didnt believe it in my heart, I never would have admited it to a rival. It was killing me. Eventually I had to face up to it, because anyone who would get to know me, could see it if they really looked even a little. I had to eat some crow pride wise, but for the first time Im coming to a sense of self respect. In short. I found out I was wrong after a life time of sometimes even bleeding for that wrongness. So I'm fixing me. Adapt and overcome.

What do you actually believe? You seem to support Trump based on his perpetrating himself to be a victimized outsider; do you see yourself in this manner?

There is a reason I identified as an E1 core recently, because I do sometimes think in black and white, even if I try to see the shades of grey between.

My own beliefs are difficult to explain. I do not support Trump based on a victimized outsider, but his confidence in what he believes in. I've seen Trump outside of politics, and his talk of it since the 80s too. I am a pretty good judge of character, and easily forgive faults for what lies beneath their mask. I don't idolize leaders, and I dislike those who masquerade as more than human, without faults. Trump owns his faults of personality. I can relate to him in the sense of being ineloquent, but being able to still do well. He doesn't try to be anything but himself, and is always open to other's opinions. The problem is, no one gives him the chance. They are blinded by their hatred.

As for his policies, I support much of the trade renegotiations, Autarky nationalism (raskol informed me of the type), fair contributions in NATO (Though I wouldn't care if USA left NATO and abandoned the UN). Immigration reform, and because I like Trump as a person.

If I am wrong about all this, it isn't really gonna matter after 2024. Because I came into politics for Trump, and will probably not care anymore after he leaves office. Because once he leaves, I see it going back to the status quo.

The Cat

Staff member
There is a reason I identified as an E1 core recently, because I do sometimes think in black and white, even if I try to see the shades of grey between.

My own beliefs are difficult to explain. I do not support Trump based on a victimized outsider, but his confidence in what he believes in. I've seen Trump outside of politics, and his talk of it since the 80s too. I am a pretty good judge of character, and easily forgive faults for what lies beneath their mask. I don't idolize leaders, and I dislike those who masquerade as more than human, without faults. Trump owns his faults of personality. I can relate to him in the sense of being ineloquent, but being able to still do well. He doesn't try to be anything but himself, and is always open to other's opinions. The problem is, no one gives him the chance. They are blinded by their hatred.

As for his policies, I support much of the trade renegotiations, Autarky nationalism (raskol informed me of the type), fair contributions in NATO (Though I wouldn't care if USA left NATO and abandoned the UN). Immigration reform, and because I like Trump as a person.

If I am wrong about all this, it isn't really gonna matter after 2024. Because I came into politics for Trump, and will probably not care anymore after he leaves office. Because once he leaves, I see it going back to the status quo.

So It's more about the shake up for the status quo? I'm not dismissing the other things you said, but I have a compulsion to look for roots. A bit of a bad habit perhaps, but one I find very difficult to break. In any case. Would you say that you feel disenfranchised in general with the shape of things?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So It's more about the shake up for the status quo? I'm not dismissing the other things you said, but I have a compulsion to look for roots. A bit of a bad habit perhaps, but one I find very difficult to break. In any case. Would you say that you feel disenfranchised in general with the shape of things?

You can say that.

The Cat

Staff member
You can say that.

I thought so. I've been where you are. Not exactly of course. But I think we have some of the same kinds of madness. Though maybe different levels of flamboyance about it.

But at the end of the day, I recognize that society is an ecosystem, it needs its predators as well as its prey. Politics isnt a balanced scale it's an ecosytem too. You've seen the result of the joke are you really telling me you're satisfied with the punchline? How has it benefited you at all? If anything I would think its unnecessarily stirred up the herds and flocks of people and put more targets on all of our heads than was needed. You're not an "anarchist" are you? ;)

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought so. I've been where you are. Not exactly of course. But I think we have some of the same kinds of madness. Though maybe different levels of flamboyance about it.

But at the end of the day, I recognize that society is an ecosystem, it needs its predators as well as its prey. Politics isnt a balanced scale it's an ecosytem too. You've seen the result of the joke are you really telling me you're satisfied with the punchline? How has it benefited you at all? If anything I would think its unnecessarily stirred up the herds and flocks of people and put more targets on all of our heads than was needed. You're not an "anarchist" are you? ;)

Nope, just the Anti-christ. ;)

Nicodemus

As I said we will see. At this point everyone knows that the guy is morally fish and people still stand by him. I would fully take your position in the case that the democrats are saints but they aren't and they aren't really perceived as such. This is exactly why the whole Trump cult came into the existence in the first place and therefore I don't really see this as the end of Trump. The senate needs to vote 2/3 in favor of this and democrats don't even have a majority. In the case they need half perhaps you can flip a few seats but the difference is just too large between what you have and what you need.

Plus since I am from the part of the world where cult of personality is nothing new I can say that: when the big daddy survives a fight it gains more support (since winning is quality on it's own). This is stupid but this is how things work for some, especially if they are desperate since the system is falling apart. Therefore they hope that the strongman will save them with his strength and ability to bypass the rules, while in return they will give support. This is exactly why I claim that logic doesn't mean much here, since the bond is emotional.
I don't think you appreciate the new quality of what has transpired since the call transcript was released. When it comes to impeachment, the question has never been whether Trump is amoral. Everybody knew he was 'morally fish' from the get-go. The question, a question now answered, is whether he broke the law and/or abused his office. So far, that case has never been made in any concise fashion. The Mueller Report made it clear that he probably had, but the whole thing was far too convoluted to work as the simple narrative you need to tell the American people: The president is a criminal.

What is new now is that the narrative is clear, simple, and easy to understand, and the evidence is not even in dispute: Trump foolishly provided it himself. The only force protecting Trump from removal now is Fox News, the propaganda machine that controls the minds of the Republican base and thus the courage of Republican members of Congress. If Fox flips, they flip. So the only question now remaining is, how long will Fox News conclude that they can deny the undeniable while retaining credibility. Do you think when all the world sees proof that Trump is not actually a billionaire, Fox will be able to ignore that forever? They make money off of scandals. At some point they will conclude that Trump is all milked out, and look for a new attention whore, because no matter what happens in the coming months, Fox will outlive Trump. They need a plan for a post-Trump world.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think you appreciate the new quality of what has transpired since the call transcript was released. When it comes to impeachment, the question has never been whether Trump is amoral. Everybody knew he was 'morally fish' from the get-go. The question, a question now answered, is whether he broke the law and/or abused his office. So far, that case has never been made in any concise fashion. The Mueller Report made it clear that he probably had, but the whole thing was far too convoluted to work as the simple narrative you need to tell the American people: The president is a criminal.

What is new now is that the narrative is clear, simple, and easy to understand, and the evidence is not even in dispute: Trump foolishly provided it himself. The only force protecting Trump from removal now is Fox News, the propaganda machine that controls the minds of the Republican base and thus the courage of Republican members of Congress. If Fox flips, they flip. So the only question now remaining is, how long will Fox News conclude that they can deny the undeniable while retaining credibility. Do you think when all the world sees proof that Trump is not actually a billionaire, Fox will be able to ignore that forever? They make money off of scandals. At some point they will conclude that Trump is all milked out, and look for a new attention whore, because no matter what happens in the coming months, Fox will outlive Trump. They need a plan for a post-Trump world.

Fox doesn't control the law, if Trump broke the law. It would move forward with ease with impeachment. Pelosi isn't going to allow it though. Trump released the transcript because he knew he didn't break the law, to bait the media into making themselves look like liars and fools, and he succeeded. (Most of them had to make corrections). The whistleblower wasn't even a real whistleblower, and was probably CIA.

Nicodemus

Fox doesn't control the law, if Trump broke the law. It would move forward with ease with impeachment.
Fox controls the minds of the Republican base. Trump did break the law, and impeachment will move forward with ease. They already have the votes. Go read an actual newspaper...

All Democrats have to decide is whether they want to use the power of looming impeachment to drag out more of Trump's dirt or hang him on the Ukraine episode alone.

Pelosi isn't going to allow it though. Trump released the transcript because he knew he didn't break the law, to bait the media into making themselves look like liars and fools, and he succeeded. (Most of them had to make corrections). The whistleblower wasn't even a real whistleblower, and was probably CIA.
All of this is complete nonsense:

• Pelosi would not have started an impeachment inquiry had she not already known they would have what they need to impeach. The woman knows how to play the game.
  • Trump released the transcript (which, by the way, is not verbatim) because he has a piss-poor understanding of the law and does not listen to his advisors.
  • Look up the definition of 'whistleblower' before you embarrass yourself further.

Jaguar

Now he thinks he wants to delist Chinese stocks from the exchanges. He's lost his mind. Again.

The selloff came after Bloomberg News, citing sources, reported that Trump administration officials are discussing ways to limit U.S. investors’ portfolio flows into China. Some of the possible approaches include delisting Chinese companies from U.S. stock exchanges and limiting U.S. government pension funds from investing in Chinese market.

Such moves would have repercussions for billions of dollars in investment pegged to major indexes and Chinese stocks. There are more than 140 Chinese ADRs listed on the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq, according to FactSet.

Alibaba and Other China Stocks Plunge on Report White House Is Taking Aim

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Fox doesn't control the law, if Trump broke the law. It would move forward with ease with impeachment. Pelosi isn't going to allow it though. Trump released the transcript because he knew he didn't break the law, to bait the media into making themselves look like liars and fools, and he succeeded. (Most of them had to make corrections). The whistleblower wasn't even a real whistleblower, and was probably CIA.

Do you just not read? The whistle blower IS CIA, that was said much earlier in this thread. The people that went to that CIA analyst with the complaint in the first place are Trump White House appointees. The Inspector General for the intelligence community, another Trump appointee, recommended this complaint be sent to Congress. Impeachable conduct isn't limited to criminal behavior.

Congress has identified three general types of conduct that constitute grounds for impeachment, although these categories should not be understood as exhaustive: (1) improperly exceeding or abusing the powers of the office; (2) behavior incompatible with the function and purpose of the office; and (3) misusing the office for an improper purpose or for personal gain. I would say Trump meets at least two if not all three of these points. Regardless, this is a constitutional process, not a legal one.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
...before you embarrass yourself further.

Trump just effectively eliminated his only real 2020 competition by using himself to drag Biden into a scandal that the media never would have touched otherwise.

Utter and devastating brilliance. You guys have my sympathies. This is definitely something only a skilled sociopath could come up with.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1) The whistleblower isn't a real whistleblower, because they never heard the real conversation. Reported it to the media, which resulted in fake news about the whole thing, which they in then redacted. Its no better than the Steel dossier.

2) Trump Russia collusion was a flop, and so is this. Nothing in the call was an impeachable offense. Just like he didn't obstruct justice during the muller investigation with them accusing him of trying to fire him. Its all a shitshow of blatant lies on part of the media, democrats believing it, and taking action regardless of the truth.

3) I bet we will see more cases of "allegations" in 2 week cycles, as Warren rises in the polls.