• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Dangerous Case Of Donald Trump

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rule of Acquisition 34; War is good for business.
The world runs on shady shit. But the Grand Negus's greed should reflect the greed of the people. not the other way around.
Rule of Acquisition 35; Peace is good for business.

I like the nuance of Ferengi philosophy as portrayed in DS9. The difference between the Ferengi and the powerful elite of real world Earth is that the Ferengi were fully self-aware of their corruption and made no excuses or attempts to hide it. In a sense, there was nothing all that corrupt about them, since they had codified their ways, and were thus acting in accordance with their values. Unlike the current lot of Hoo-mon politicians wearing a façade of compassion for the little man. Although the Ferengi appeared corrupt and backstabbing to outsiders like those sanctimonious, root beer swilling federation types, they were possibly one of the most honorable races in the alpha quadrant. Klingons like Gowron claimed to be honorable warriors who didn't resort to backroom politics, and yet Gowron and Klingons like Duras weren't above backroom politicking when it benefitted themselves. At least the Ferengi openly admitted and embraced their nature.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I like the nuance of Ferengi philosophy as portrayed in DS9. The difference between the Ferengi and the powerful elite of real world Earth is that the Ferengi were fully self-aware of their corruption and made no excuses or attempts to hide it. In a sense, there was nothing all that corrupt about them, since they had codified their ways, and were thus acting in accordance with their values. Unlike the current lot of Hoo-mon politicians wearing a façade of compassion for the little man. Although the Ferengi appeared corrupt and backstabbing to outsiders like those sanctimonious, root beer swilling federation types, they were possibly one of the most honorable races in the alpha quadrant. Klingons like Gowron claimed to be honorable warriors who didn't resort to backroom politics, and yet Gowron and Klingons like Duras weren't above backroom politicking when it benefitted themselves. At least the Ferengi openly admitted and embraced their nature.

Ferengi are honest.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As if that was his only offense. It's hilarious -- If you're a Republican, even after several instances of proven obstruction of justice, apparently all that warrants is a stern look and a head shake, yet the standards for Democrats are so high that even receiving that lying about extramarital affair, that ultimately had no political implication, is the most heinous of crimes.

It's the UNITED STATES government's job to investigate, not a foreign entities, and that's the point. Now here's the kicker -- a big talking point during his administration thus far is whether or not he had the aid of a foreign government to tilt the scales of the election in his favor, to which it has been concluded an outside agency did meddle, yet whether or not he was complicit not being determined. One of his first acts as president is to loosen the sanctions placed upon the foreign government who helped you get elected (I guess that's just a coincidence..) Then, he actively seeks out the aid of another foreign government to investigate the frontrunner's son of the opposing party for the next election.

Even with Obama investigating Trump, he didn't seek an outside source.

At least don't insult my intelligence and tell me that all at least odd when you put it all together...

Almost everything you've stated was an allegation, none of it was proven. Even after 2 years of thorough investigation, they found jack shit. Allegations mean jack shit. I for one, believe in innocent till proven guilty. While Trump's case isn't simple, and the nature of politics is smoke and mirrors. Then there are so many peices in play, I can see why people get lost in the fuckery. I just don't think Trump is guilty of anything. I see it playing out as Trump being an outsider, and people playing dirty against him. Then throwing a shitfit when he doesn't take it like everyone else. It is like the people in office forgot why they are there, or forgot how to be a free thinker and just follow the crowd. Ive seen rampant corruption, and the death of journalism. Ive seen all this shit, long before Trump got into office. Yet people expect me to believe anything the media says about Trump. Instead of trusting my own judgement. I think not.

Ya'll are just being strung along with false hope, because the Democrats are so fucked in 2020. Because they don't even know what policies they want to agree on. Because the heads are believing the vocal minority, while alienating the big majority of democrats with such far left ideologies. I can't wait to see what people say 10 years from now.

The Cat

Staff member
I ran all the way from the fluff zone to see this.

I don't think anyone expects you to believe anything apart from what you tell yourself. :shrug:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They (Trump and his followers) really want you to think everyone in government does shit like this. They don't, that's what makes this so maddening. There are career public servants that are not politicians or political appointees that serve the interests of this country and the American people all over the world for decades. It pisses me off to no end that moronic right wingers have been brainwashed by right wing media and conservatives to believe this shit.

Trump is Trump First. Period. Never been about Americans or American people unless Trump profits as much or more.

Where do you gain such confidence in the government, when people like Hillary Clinton exists? Maybe on the public servant level is corruption non-existant. But no one is talking about them. We are talking about people with the power to actually influence everything. Like the Intelligence agencies, or House of representatives. I don't think everyone is corrupt, but I can guarentee you that the good ones get strong armed into doing shit they don't agree with. Which there in, lies the problem.

The Cat

Staff member
4Eeia.gif

:doh:

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
but I can guarentee you that the good ones get strong armed into doing shit they don't agree with...

...by Trump... hence the unprecedented whistleblower complaint. If Hillary Clinton is so bad, then investigate her and “lock her up,” but for the love of logic and reason stop invoking her name in your gospel of whataboutism.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...by Trump... hence the unprecedented whistleblower complaint. If Hillary Clinton is so bad, then investigate her and “lock her up,” but for the love of logic and reason stop invoking her name in your gospel of whataboutism.

"Unprecidented" in the fact Democrats don't give a shit about privacy or the sanctity of office, because they can't stop seething in contempt over the fact they lost the election.

Also its not "whataboutism" if there is proof of hypocrisy. Which i provided two examples of gross abuse of power, and the violation of rights committed against Trump.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Where do you gain such confidence in the government, when people like Hillary Clinton exists? Maybe on the public servant level is corruption non-existant. But no one is talking about them. We are talking about people with the power to actually influence everything. Like the Intelligence agencies, or House of representatives. I don't think everyone is corrupt, but I can guarentee you that the good ones get strong armed into doing shit they don't agree with. Which there in, lies the problem.

I've explained to you in the past that due to growing up with a parent that worked for the US Department of State, I've met and gotten to know US ambassadors to various countries, diplomats, US Secretaries of State and other public servants in Washington and abroad. You accused me of lying. But that is exactly how I can place confidence in the federal gov. infrastructure and many of the people that dedicate careers to serving this country. You will never know their names or see them on TV because they keep your freedom more secure than anyone else with zero fanfare or attention. You just make assumptions and draw conclusions you are ill informed about because you think you know better than anyone else. You don't.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've explained to you in the past that due to growing up with a parent that worked for the US Department of State, I've met and gotten to know US ambassadors to various countries, diplomats, US Secretaries of State and other public servants in Washington and abroad. You accused me of lying. But that is exactly how I can place confidence in the federal gov. infrastructure and many of the people that dedicate careers to serving this country. You will never know their names or see them on TV because they keep your freedom more secure than anyone else with zero fanfare or attention. You just make assumptions and draw conclusions you are ill informed about because you think you know better than anyone else. You don't.

You got in wrong in the respect that I think I know everything. I have never claimed to be the authority on anything, or that I asserted that I am the only correct person here. I just have an opinion, and its derived from my own experiences. No more, or less. I am just not easily placated with sophistry and authority like many are, amd won't easily be convinced of anything without affirmation from my perspective. I do listen, and try to see things your way. But one factor about it all, will make me disagree over and over. That is my understanding of human nature.

Nicodemus

Oh I don't think it will matter how clear the evidence is - they'll dodge it. This administration is a crime syndicate and the GOP supports that.
I think it does matter. Not because Republicans will suddenly grow spines, but because at some point Fox News will find it too treasonous to continue covering for Trump. If that happens, they will come alive with patriotism and discard Trump. Having read the whistleblower complaint, I believe that point may soon be reached. It is like the Mueller Report on speed. All Democrats have to do now is to go on televsion every day and read out the complaint - a document written by a Trump appointee, mind you.

Even a Trump dog like Devin Nunes found it visibly difficult today to spin this scandal in another direction. Expect more of them to see the signs and turn their sails around.

The Hunter Biden aspect of this entire thing also needs investigating but likely won't get it. He's another failson, just like Jr., like Huckabee's dog abusing to death sons, Manchin's unqualified to work in pharmaceuticals daughter. The only thing Hunter Biden knows about is buying crack.
Whatever shit Hunter Biden got himself into there, it pales in comparison with Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors.

The Cat

Staff member
I think it does matter. Not because Republicans will suddenly grow spines, but because at some point Fox News will find it too treasonous to continue covering for Trump. If that happens, they will come alive with patriotism and discard Trump. Having read the whistleblower complaint, I believe that point may soon be reached. It is like the Mueller Report on speed. All Democrats have to do now is to go on televsion every day and read out the complaint - a document written by a Trump appointee, mind you.

Even a Trump dog like Devin Nunes found it visibly difficult today to spin this scandal in another direction. Expect more of them to see the signs and turn their sails around.

Whatever shit Hunter Biden got himself into there, it pales in comparison with Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors.

I admit, I do think that would be pretty entertianing. :happy2:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You got in wrong in the respect that I think I know everything. I have never claimed to be the authority on anything, or that I asserted that I am the only correct person here. I just have an opinion, and its derived from my own experiences. No more, or less. I am just not easily placated with sophistry and authority like many are, amd won't easily be convinced of anything without affirmation from my perspective. I do listen, and try to see things your way. But one factor about it all, will make me disagree over and over. That is my understanding of human nature.

You admit you have an opinion based on your own experiences. That opinion, in this instance, is vastly uninformed. You take that uninformed opinion and place everyone in government under that umbrella to justify Trump's behavior. That is the actual issue here.

lol at claiming you are not placated by sophistry and authority - you have no problem granting Trump exactly that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Part of the role of checks and balances laid out in the constitution involves Congress investigating the executive branch anytime wrongdoing is committed or alleged to be committed. I don't understand why it comes as such a shock to Trump supporters that Congress would be doing one of the things required in the Constitution. It's apparent Trump has a high disregard (and probably lack of knowledge) for the basic principles of our government. What's scarier is to see so many of his supporters echo the same disregard. He really has created a cult of personality around him. I don't find the comparisons to foreign dictators all that shocking or far out, given Trump's own take on the office and how willing his most ardent supporters are to overlook or dismiss his behavior. He may not be Hitler, but he's not far off, and I'd hate to see what he could do if he had the same power as some past dictatorships.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You admit you have an opinion based on your own experiences. That opinion, in this instance, is vastly uninformed. You take that uninformed opinion and place everyone in government under that umbrella to justify Trump's behavior. That is the actual issue here.

lol at claiming you are not placated by sophistry and authority - you have no problem granting Trump exactly that.

I don't grant Trump anything. I just don't see what everyone else sees.

Also, did everyone overlook the fact that Ukraine and USA have a treaty to cooperate on criminal matters in both countries? Nothing in the transcript claims pressure, or blackmail on the Ukranian leader.

Full Document: Trump’s Call With the Ukrainian President - The New York Times

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
(Treaty with Ukraine)

Nicodemus

Also, did everyone overlook the fact that Ukraine and USA have a treaty to cooperate on criminal matters in both countries? Nothing in the transcript claims pressure, or blackmail on the Ukranian leader.

Text - Treaty Document 106-16 - Treaty with Ukraine on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters | Congress.gov | Library of Congress
(Treaty with Ukraine)
Read the whistleblower complaint, you helpless little thing. Context matters.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

(Treaty with Ukraine)

That Treaty doesn't allow for help in domestic elections.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That Treaty doesn't allow for help in domestic elections.

Show me where Trump asked for help in the election. All I see is him asking the Ukranian leader to look into Biden's son on grounds of corruption/neopotism. Which is exactly what the treaty covers. Biden's son also isn't Biden himself, so its double not relevant. There is literally nothing.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Because the ones who grew spines have already been drummed out of the party, or flipped to being independents.