• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Biden Administration

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kind of grew up on WGN (Chicago), so the news was not boring, but yes, it wasn't nuts at the level it has been, that's for sure.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Tom Hanks hosting the Inauguration special is just epic Q trolling.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hope they don't give him a Nobel prize just for not being Trump.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
WOW the press secretary said Biden was going to do good things and not bad things.

AMAZING.

Good job guys. We did it. We fixed it all.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of the troubling things about Trump was his tendency to want to undo or do the opposite of everything his predecessor did, out of sheer antipathy. I hope Biden doesn’t do the same thing. I hope the dems take a more measured approach than the GOP did over the last 4 years.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of the troubling things about Trump was his tendency to want to undo or do the opposite of everything his predecessor did, out of sheer antipathy. I hope Biden doesn’t do the same thing. I hope the dems take a more measured approach than the GOP did over the last 4 years.

So worried already, not even a day in. Lol. Like, were the two campaigns even run similarly or both men operating from the same motivations?

... frankly there's a lot of stuff that should be removed on the merits (or lack of them), not because it was Trump. So let's let that dust settle first.

Lark

I hope they don't give him a Nobel prize just for not being Trump.

I do actually hope this entire thing doesnt have the effect of shifting public expectations in the direct of "at least they're not..."

People elected Trump for lots of different reasons, I dont think was all a white nationalist putsch, that gives them too much credit, so this administration has got to do something.

Lark

While I share your dislike for how Trump favoured anything, anything at all which seemed it was contra Obama, I'm not sure there's anything that Trump did that should not be totally and utterly dismantled, stopped and undone at the first opportunity. I can see no benefit what so ever to anything that he did.

The only thing in the time he was in office which I think was good was that there wasnt any epic war like there's been during every other president's time in office.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
While I share your dislike for how Trump favoured anything, anything at all which seemed it was contra Obama, I'm not sure there's anything that Trump did that should not be totally and utterly dismantled, stopped and undone at the first opportunity. I can see no benefit what so ever to anything that he did.

The only thing in the time he was in office which I think was good was that there wasnt any epic war like there's been during every other president's time in office.

-title IX reforms to add due process. Biden needs to take a more measured approach on this but already promised to simply undo these reforms
-walking back his initital decision to ban flavored vape fluids.

those are about the only two semi-positives to come out of the Trump admin. Biden has said he'll reverse the first, and when campaigning he said he would listen to the science and halt all vape sales, even though numerous studies exist showing it to be safer than cigarettes, and the 2019 vaping epidemic was tied to illicit thc cartridges using vitamin e oil, NOT to the majority of products sold through brick and mortar stores and non-black-markets.

(I'm not a single issue voter, I voted for Biden despite these concerns)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So worried already, not even a day in. Lol. Like, were the two campaigns even run similarly or both men operating from the same motivations?

... frankly there's a lot of stuff that should be removed on the merits (or lack of them), not because it was Trump. So let's let that dust settle first.

Remember when all the trump supporters said the same thing about initial concerns over Trump? "oh wait and give him a chance" and then he was issuing travel bans and bans on trans military service members almost right out of the gate.

Why is it bad to have concerns over newly elected Presidents? Sorry I'm not an over-the-moon centrist. I voted for Biden as a lesser of two evils. So for me, it makes sense to keep close watch over any evil, even if far lesser than the last evil.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Salute the history [but] Wall Street has the ticket that they want." Nina Turner

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Remember when all the trump supporters said the same thing about initial concerns over Trump? "oh wait and give him a chance" and then he was issuing travel bans and bans on trans military service members almost right out of the gate.

Are you really thinking here? Sorry to sound rude, but you're comparing apples and oranges, blatantly. sorry, i'm just frustrated

Those concerns were made about Trump based on data: (1) the shit he constantly said and did during the primary and (2) the people we knew he was bringing in with him and who his support base was. He stirred up sides, he polarized and generated animosity towards any of the left causes and minorities. We KNEW it was going to happen, and it was stupid to think otherwise, if you were just doing an analysis.

Biden is not Trump. He is not bringing in the same people. In fact, the more progressive folks are bitching because Biden might be "too forgiving." He is being moderate. Even when Trump was being an asshat, Biden showed remarkable constraint. His whole pitch is being the president for "everyone" even people who treated the left like crap during Trump's term. So why would you project Biden would be likely to just come in like a bull in a china shop and just remove stuff because it was done by Trump?

It doesn't follow. it seems irrational to me to project that, as it doesn't fit Biden's trajectory, esp in light that he might not be "progressive enough" (which weirdly is stuff I think you've said about him / complained about him about).

Fears about Trump TOTALLY followed his trajectory.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you really thinking here? Sorry to sound rude, but you're comparing apples and oranges, blatantly. sorry, i'm just frustrated

Those concerns were made about Trump based on data: (1) the shit he constantly said and did during the primary and (2) the people we knew he was bringing in with him and who his support base was. He stirred up sides, he polarized and generated animosity towards any of the left causes and minorities. We KNEW it was going to happen, and it was stupid to think otherwise, if you were just doing an analysis.

Biden is not Trump. He is not bringing in the same people. In fact, the more progressive folks are bitching because Biden might be "too forgiving." He is being moderate. Even when Trump was being an asshat, Biden showed remarkable constraint. His whole pitch is being the president for "everyone" even people who treated the left like crap during Trump's term. So why would you project Biden would be likely to just come in like a bull in a china shop and just remove stuff because it was done by Trump?

It doesn't follow. it seems irrational to me to project that, as it doesn't fit Biden's trajectory, esp in light that he might not be "progressive enough" (which weirdly is stuff I think you've said about him / complained about him about).

Fears about Trump TOTALLY followed his trajectory.

I'm not equating the two.

Biden has talked the talk well, that doesn't mean I shouldn't be concerned he will walk the walk.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I get where you are going with this (Title IX reforms) but that's one thing and I would like to see it retained as due process is a foundation of our legal system. The vast majority of Trump administration moves were vile, unethical to the extreme, possibly illegal and I have no issue seeing them shot into the sun.

But oh my god this is delicious. I don't expect people to know much about Peter Robb but this was an excellent move by Biden. I just didn't think it would be this fast.

Under Pressure From Workers, Biden Fires 'Extreme, Anti-Union' Labor Board Lawyer | Common Dreams News

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Biden inheriting nonexistent coronavirus vaccine distribution plan and must start 'from scratch,' sources say

This is unbelievable yet completely plausible given the incompetence of the previous administration. Making sure he got credit for the vaccine seems to have trumped actually setting up a distribution system.

THis whole affair makes one rethink everything one knew about Trump and even how his tailored "The Apprentice" show came off, where people were given tasks and Trump assessed who was competent.

In all seriousness, it sounds like Trump really never knew how to do anything, nor select people who could do something. Basically candidates (selected by those he favored or as favors themselves) just get thrown at problems, and he punished those who did not make him look good and/or succeed, while taking credit for the successes himself. I am having trouble finding anything where he actually did work himself and achieved successes on his own.

In this case, it was just a bunch of rats eating each other in a cage trying to win their master's approval and avoid being eaten as much as possible. Actual results were not mandatory, but simply the appearance of results.

It's like the semester-long project that ends up being a total bomb while all throughout the student is touting their progress while actually not working on it.

But oh my god this is delicious. I don't expect people to know much about Peter Robb but this was an excellent move by Biden. I just didn't think it would be this fast.

Under Pressure From Workers, Biden Fires 'Extreme, Anti-Union' Labor Board Lawyer | Common Dreams News

I was reading about that on Slate last night, although I didn't really know Peter Robb. I was more just floored Biden came in and started cleaning house so quickly. (I don't really read slate as a site, I just picked up the headline from yahoo news or some place.)

Biden fires Michael Pack, Kathleen Kraninger, and Peter Robb, three awful Trump appointees.

Jaguar

I was reading about that on Slate last night, although I didn't really know Peter Robb. I was more just floored Biden came in and started cleaning house so quickly. (I don't really read slate as a site, I just picked up the headline from yahoo news or some place.)

Biden fires Michael Pack, Kathleen Kraninger, and Peter Robb, three awful Trump appointees.

Yes, I posted that link last night. What all three firings have in common is they are people who abused the very office they were hired to run. (No doubt, there will be more.) It's like hiring someone to run the EPA who then takes action to ensure the dumping of toxic waste into as many waterways as possible.