• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Biden Administration

Jaguar

Another low-information individual who thinks this is something that just suddenly happened out of nowhere, today. *laughs*

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on the Senate GOP, it looks like Biden will have no choice but to settle back into centrist mode. Like we didn't all see this coming.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I do actually hope this entire thing doesnt have the effect of shifting public expectations in the direct of "at least they're not..."

People elected Trump for lots of different reasons, I dont think was all a white nationalist putsch, that gives them too much credit, so this administration has got to do something.

I think populism is resurgent precisely because the popularity of neoliberalism is in decline as a combination of the failure of 21st century American foreign policy and the tepid handling of the 2008 financial crisis. So, politics going forward is going to be increasingly an issue of right-populism (represented by Trump) vs. left populism (represented by Bernie).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Europe gives Biden a one-finger salute

But in a way this is logical. Who in Europe will really care and stick out for someone like Biden ? Social-democrats ? Nazis ? People who want autonomy for the continent ? Very religious people ? Businesses that are trading with the East ? Green parties ? Various ultra nationalists ? Communists ? Demagogues ? Anti-abortionists ? The people that believe in some kind of socialized medicine and that are about 90% of the population ?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Amid Biden pressure, China calls for EU autonomy

Just as I said, once US chooses who will handle their pieces on the board everything will be ready to start the game of pure geopolitics.
Therefore the first step is deciding who gets the queen (EU) as a support, since it is evidently the biggest king maker on the board. So we will probably see all kinds of proposals in the near future regarding that. Since losing this middle ground can easily snowball the whole game in one direction. While EU will probably try to get as many advantages and services for it's well being out of both sides (and annoy the living shit out of certain political circles). Especially in the scenario that it can't fully settle with itself what it really wants (what is fairly possible scenario). Economy says east, security says west, resources say east, basic values say west ...

But these aren't my values. I am just saying how situation looks like at this point.
Plus I will dare to say that whole thing would probably be solved much faster in the case that US isn't so "neoliberal". Since that kinda creates certain red flags by European standards that take time to digest. I mean choosing a man with whom you will spend the rest of your life isn't small issue (and that is probably how things will play out here as well). Plus there is "feminist" wildcard somewhere in the deck and that is dumping both sides and finding your own path and purpose in life. While the side that will try to change this will be turned opon and they will probably lose this grand game.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know it's sorta funny that the entire time Trump was claiming fraud, but I know more than a few people in person who couldn't vote due to not being "registered" even though they did so a lonnnng time ago.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You know it's sorta funny that the entire time Trump was claiming fraud, but I know more than a few people in person who couldn't vote due to not being "registered" even though they did so a lonnnng time ago.

Some states remove voters from the rolls if they haven't voted in a certain amount of time. Regular purges take place to remove people that have moved or died every year, that's not nefarious but using that as a voter suppression method in places like Texas or Georgia - is.

I also find it curious that anyone would vehemently defend "Stop the Steal" when they never vote and haven't for years. While I understand not wanting to participate in a government that really does nothing for you, chaos isn't going to help them either.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Any opinions on when US could return to some kind of a "normal" ?

(what the media says isn't always what is playing out on the field, so I ask)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Any opinions on when US could return to some kind of a "normal" ?

(what the media says isn't always what is playing out on the field, so I ask)

I don't think there will be a return to normal. But in the way you are asking - foreign policy and other norms - not until there is a handle on COVID and all the appointments are seated and most of the Trump shit is undone.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some states remove voters from the rolls if they haven't voted in a certain amount of time. Regular purges take place to remove people that have moved or died every year, that's not nefarious but using that as a voter suppression method in places like Texas or Georgia - is.

I also find it curious that anyone would vehemently defend "Stop the Steal" when they never vote and haven't for years. While I understand not wanting to participate in a government that really does nothing for you, chaos isn't going to help them either.

Ah, all right. I didn't know. Thank you.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't think there will be a return to normal. But in the way you are asking - foreign policy and other norms - not until there is a handle on COVID and all the appointments are seated and most of the Trump shit is undone.

I am actually asking about internal basic stabilization of US and I know what needs to happen for this to come to reality. But I am simply asking for educated guess on when that can actually happen (and I know this isn't easy guess to make).

While in foreign policy there certainly wouldn't be return to some kinda of "normal" anytime soon. Since the world has changed fundamentally and going back to pre 2016 world simply isn't realistic for a whole bunch of reasons.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My local news analysts:

US is talking more about the alliances than usual since the global impact of the country is visibly reduced. Therefore it will need alliances to keep it's "story" floating at the face of global challengers.
GOP is the party of Trump at this point.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Blinken invited to meet EU foreign ministers Monday, diplomats say

The key moment is finally here. Many talked about it for quite some time but this is basically "the first impression" moment that should define everything that comes in incoming years (and probably decades). Or to be specific, can two big democratic federations find common language in order to preserve what is generally being called liberal or democratic world order. Since the fail in doing so basically just waters down all the cards that both sides have in current turbulent times (especially since both blocks have growing number of inner radicals). Plus if this doesn't work there would be no clear axis on which various other allies and democracies would hook up in order to avoid all kinds of complex threats from undemocratic countries (that are evidently there). What altogether is important in creating mass that can lure or stabilize various random countries around the world and push them more towards the democratic side of things.