• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Take Two - What's My Type?

Jellyfish1234

Hello! So, after my last thread, I came out with the conclusion that I was an IXFJ, and since then I've been speaking to people a lot about Ni vs Si (particularly [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] and [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION], thank you for putting up with all of my questions, you two!) and I'm still not 100% sure which type I am, so theforsaken (and [MENTION=28333]OxygenatedCoffee[/MENTION], sorry haha) recommended I make a new thread, this time answering a questionnaire to help decide on my type. So here it is!

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm not sure which functions I use due to me being young, not having much life experience to go off, and having little self-awareness. I'm pretty confident I'm an IXFJ. I am often typed INFJ but I don't relate to the idea of being able to predict future events, but I don't relate to the idea of Si well either.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I think I yearn for meaning. I want to have a strong meaning in my life. I want to be significant in terms of the progression of humanity. I want to be someone who helps the world improve and improve people's lives. My life ambition is to become an actor, use my position in the media to influence the public in a positive way, offer perspectives on life, spend most of my money on charity and encourage others to be less selfish in life and try to become a sort of inspiration or rolemodel for others, if I can (but then again who am I to tell people who they should be! This sounds really big-headed, sorry. I just mean that I want to use the media as a platform for speaking my ideas and trying to persuade others to be kinder in life, basically). I can't stand the idea of living a life like my parents; grow up, meet a partner, have kids, "it's the small things in life that matter, going to days out with friends, having fun", die. Even if my life isn't the happiest until the end (although it would be fantastic if it was), I want to improve things in this world and want to have a meaning in my life and have a happy ending. Admittedly, a part of me (that I dislike) wants myself to be remembered and honoured, but a part of me sees that as ridiculously self-centred and big-headed and I think one of the greatest things someone can do is help the world in secret, so that fame doesn't get to their head and put them in danger.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Hmm. I'm not really sure if this example is when I was feeling "at my finest", but when I was a kid, every Boxing Day we used to play games as a family, and I used to really come out of my shell and make everyone laugh and be silly in the games we played and eat fudge. It made me feel like I was at my finest, I think, because I felt happy I suppose. I wasn't concerned with anything and I was surrounded by people I knew loved me. Alternatively, a more recent example would be last summer when I was chilling out with my friends (online) every day. I laughed SO much. I was just so happy because prior to that I was really lonely. I'm not sure if I answered this question correctly though, so apologies if I misinterpreted it.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Hm, I'm not sure. I'll take a guess: When people put opinions onto me, or think of me as stupid. I hate when people have opinions haha, because it makes me feel like I'm in danger of them disliking me whenever I'm around them and it puts them into power over me because I just want them to like me and it makes me feel uncomfortable being in their sight because I'm constantly overthinking what I'm doing and hoping I'll still be liked. And I hate it when people misjudge or misunderstand me, such as when they think I'm stupid just because I don't come across as highly intelligent or because I look young. I don't know if this makes me feel "inferior" or not though. I also hate the idea of others being able to 'read' me and predict how I'll behave and it makes me feel very one dimensional.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I'm not sure. I guess when I make a decision, I usually think about: What will the consequences be? How will others react? Is it the right thing to do?

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I've not really got much experiences working on a project so I don't know. At college I was a part of a project but I didn't want to be and I wasn't friends with anyone there so I just stayed quiet for the most part and didn't really care much. Another project I guess is me being an owner of a gameserver, and there my emphasis was just on making sure everyone was having fun for as long as the server was up. But as far as wanting to have control of the outcome, I'm not entirely sure. If it's something I care about, then I imagine I'd want to make sure we were being successful, like when I was about 15 and I was in a drama group and we had to put on a play, and I was the one to keep encouraging us all to focus and get the job done because I needed a good grade to get into college, get my drama A-level and go onto completing my life goal, but then this year I was in the same position and just stayed quiet and didn't really care as much and when I did care I just sat in silence because the people in my group scared me haha.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Playing video games with my friends last summer. I just remember laughing so much my stomach hurt pretty much every day, and I never wanted it to end.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I'm not sure what this means. When I learn something new I just learn it I guess haha. Not really sure what feels "natural" for me, sorry.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

In terms of being able to meet deadlines and get to classes on time, very. But I have a very messy room a lot of the time and my stuff isn't amazingly organised into folders and stuff. And I struggle to get to places on time when I'm not the one responsible or directly involved in it. So for example if I had to go for a dinner for my Mother's party or something, I might be late because I expect her to organize me and tell me when to get ready etc.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

No idea haha.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Probably the former as I like to know everyone is happy, but if I end up doing something that I believe is wrong just for the harmony of the group I'll feel very stressed and I won't want to, and depending on the situation, I might refuse to.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I don't speak very much; I often get told I'm "a man of few words", so I'd say I think before speaking. I probably prefer group discussions because I find it a bit awkward talking one on one sometimes, and it's nice sometimes to just be able to watch and occasionally give input rather than being pressured to keep a conversation going.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping before leaping. If I'm going somewhere new, I'll want to know where I'm going and what will happen when I get there. And I'm not sure whether actions speak louder than words. I think that sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes someone's actions could contradict with what they believe inside and their words are a better way of understanding them, but sometimes it's the opposite. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the question, though.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Well considering I never get invited for a night out, I might decide a part of me /wants/ to go for it because it's probably not going to happen again, and if I accept they'll probably invite me another time. But I'll most likely end up declining anyway because I'm not the sort to enjoy a night out anyway and I'll be too scared, and I don't like suddenly jumping into something with any mental preparation, if that makes sense. I can't imagine just deciding "Hey, let's do this random thing!", it has to be, "Hey, let's do this random thing next week!" And if it's a night out as in a disco or a party or something, I wouldn't want to go even if I was given a week's worth of mental preparation haha.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Not really sure. I get incredibly tense if I'm stressing over something, and I might get impatient. I might start to snap at close family members but I'd never snap at anyone else I don't think. (This year I also started to spend my money a lot more loosely on video games [I'm usually very careful with my money] and for some reason cared a lot about having good tasting food every night, which lead me to think inferior Se, but I don't actually know if I was stressed or not so I suppose this point can be disregarded.)

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike strongly opinionated people who judge others based on limited information. Like, "they did this, this means they're this kind of person and so I don't like them." I overheard someone once say to someone who made this kind of judgement, "well maybe they were just having a bad day and they aren't like that at all, I don't think we should judge people like that" and I felt like I wanted to hug them haha. I also dislike when people are insensitive or decide to be cruel to others just because they're in a bad mood, or when people are selfish or aren't willing to listen to another's point of view. There are probably other things but I can't think of them right now haha.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

MBTI haha. That's it, really. I don't really like talking in real life. Maybe it's just because I'm a hormonal teen, I don't know.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

The real world. I feel like I'm living in my own bubble half the time. If I got a penny every-time someone asked me if I live under a rock, I'd be rich. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I do get asked that. I'm also quite bad at paying attention to life's daily routine. I struggle to make sure I shower, eat, brush my teeth, go to bed at night etc. I'm fine if I'm at college because I'll just make sure I do it all when I wake up and it becomes a normal routine, but when I'm off college I'm just a mess.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I think my friends perceive me differently depending on how I know them. My close online friends who I type to most of the time rather than speak, I'm told, perceive me as a kind, warm person who they can talk to about problems or have banter with. I'd say this is hopefully true. I think some of my friends can also perceive me as as quite ditsy and relaxed, and I think, in particular, friends I've known since I was a child and who I speak to online with a microphone more than type to, see me as very innocent and young at heart. I'd say, if these friends do indeed see me this way, they are wrong about me being relaxed (me? relaxed?!) and I don't think I'm as innocent as they think I am, and not as young at heart as they think I am. But I do think I can come across as all this, at least to some of my friends, which is why I think they perceive me like all this. My friends would probably never say I'm mean or bossy or loud or competitive.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Playing video games, watching TV/Netflix, typing to friends online and probably researching into MBTI/Jungian Typology haha.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to (hopefully) some responses!

(Also I should probably mention, I'm only 18)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me a moment, I'm going to dissect each parts so it's going to take me around 15 minutes or more, so bare with me. ;p

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

I'm not sure which functions I use due to me being young, not having much life experience to go off, and having little self-awareness. I'm pretty confident I'm an IXFJ. I am often typed INFJ but I don't relate to the idea of being able to predict future events, but I don't relate to the idea of Si well either.

As far as me reading all of this, IxFJ sounds about right. Somebody once described me as too much of a control freak to be an NFP type, and I suspect the same with you. Don't take that as an insult, by the way. None of your answers point out to you being a Fi-dom, so I'm crossing out INFP and ISFP. Nothing here says that you're a Ne-dom either, so, crossing off ENFP and ENTP too.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

I think I yearn for meaning. I want to have a strong meaning in my life. I want to be significant in terms of the progression of humanity. I want to be someone who helps the world improve and improve people's lives. My life ambition is to become an actor, use my position in the media to influence the public in a positive way, offer perspectives on life, spend most of my money on charity and encourage others to be less selfish in life and try to become a sort of inspiration or rolemodel for others, if I can (but then again who am I to tell people who they should be! This sounds really big-headed, sorry. I just mean that I want to use the media as a platform for speaking my ideas and trying to persuade others to be kinder in life, basically). I can't stand the idea of living a life like my parents; grow up, meet a partner, have kids, "it's the small things in life that matter, going to days out with friends, having fun", die. Even if my life isn't the happiest until the end (although it would be fantastic if it was), I want to improve things in this world and want to have a meaning in my life and have a happy ending. Admittedly, a part of me (that I dislike) wants myself to be remembered and honoured, but a part of me sees that as ridiculously self-centred and big-headed and I think one of the greatest things someone can do is help the world in secret, so that fame doesn't get to their head and put them in danger.

All of this is Fe, so you are an introverted type that has Fe in their functional stack. So, either you're an INFJ or ISFJ, or to a less likely possibility, an INTP or an ISTP.
I'm crossing off all Exxx for you for obvious reasons, and you don't strike me as a Fe-dom based on your answers below.

Nothing in here shows that you have Fi in your primary stack, so I am crossing off INFP, ISFP, INTJ, and ISTJ.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Hmm. I'm not really sure if this example is when I was feeling "at my finest", but when I was a kid, every Boxing Day we used to play games as a family, and I used to really come out of my shell and make everyone laugh and be silly in the games we played and eat fudge. It made me feel like I was at my finest, I think, because I felt happy I suppose. I wasn't concerned with anything and I was surrounded by people I knew loved me. Alternatively, a more recent example would be last summer when I was chilling out with my friends (online) every day. I laughed SO much. I was just so happy because prior to that I was really lonely. I'm not sure if I answered this question correctly though, so apologies if I misinterpreted it.

All of this also points to you using and preferring Fe, as group interactions and socializing with these people is something that brings you elation and happiness. You place personal relationships as your highest priority.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Hm, I'm not sure. I'll take a guess: When people put opinions onto me, or think of me as stupid. I hate when people have opinions haha, because it makes me feel like I'm in danger of them disliking me whenever I'm around them and it puts them into power over me because I just want them to like me and it makes me feel uncomfortable being in their sight because I'm constantly overthinking what I'm doing and hoping I'll still be liked. And I hate it when people misjudge or misunderstand me, such as when they think I'm stupid just because I don't come across as highly intelligent or because I look young. I don't know if this makes me feel "inferior" or not though. I also hate the idea of others being able to 'read' me and predict how I'll behave and it makes me feel very one dimensional.

This is something that is common with FJ types and I've spoken with another member about this: he said that FJ types become codependent and very much worried about fitting in and finding a group to fall into, even if they end up getting abused or mistreated, while FP (and especially TP) types are more fiercely independent and have a devil may care outlook when it comes to relationships. You either respect their individuality or you can just get the heck out of their way. Simple as that.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

I'm not sure. I guess when I make a decision, I usually think about: What will the consequences be? How will others react? Is it the right thing to do?

Fe. People who have Fi are more about themselves and what they think will benefit themselves; it is not to say that they are selfish or only think of themselves above others, though it may appear that way on the surface.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I've not really got much experiences working on a project so I don't know. At college I was a part of a project but I didn't want to be and I wasn't friends with anyone there so I just stayed quiet for the most part and didn't really care much. Another project I guess is me being an owner of a gameserver, and there my emphasis was just on making sure everyone was having fun for as long as the server was up. But as far as wanting to have control of the outcome, I'm not entirely sure. If it's something I care about, then I imagine I'd want to make sure we were being successful, like when I was about 15 and I was in a drama group and we had to put on a play, and I was the one to keep encouraging us all to focus and get the job done because I needed a good grade to get into college, get my drama A-level and go onto completing my life goal, but then this year I was in the same position and just stayed quiet and didn't really care as much and when I did care I just sat in silence because the people in my group scared me haha.

As I said, too much of a control freak to be an FP type. ;p

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Playing video games with my friends last summer. I just remember laughing so much my stomach hurt pretty much every day, and I never wanted it to end.

The fact that your favorite memory involves other people points to Fe again for me.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?

I'm not sure what this means. When I learn something new I just learn it I guess haha. Not really sure what feels "natural" for me, sorry.

In other words, are you more hands-on (practical) or do you prefer to read something about it to learn? (theoretical)

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?

In terms of being able to meet deadlines and get to classes on time, very. But I have a very messy room a lot of the time and my stuff isn't amazingly organised into folders and stuff. And I struggle to get to places on time when I'm not the one responsible or directly involved in it. So for example if I had to go for a dinner for my Mother's party or something, I might be late because I expect her to organize me and tell me when to get ready etc.

I guess you are a weaker J type.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

No idea haha.

Here's a better question: Do you enjoy ideas as long as they have a practical use for it, or do you enjoy ideas for their own sake?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

Probably the former as I like to know everyone is happy, but if I end up doing something that I believe is wrong just for the harmony of the group I'll feel very stressed and I won't want to, and depending on the situation, I might refuse to.

Fe.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I don't speak very much; I often get told I'm "a man of few words", so I'd say I think before speaking. I probably prefer group discussions because I find it a bit awkward talking one on one sometimes, and it's nice sometimes to just be able to watch and occasionally give input rather than being pressured to keep a conversation going.

Introvert.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

I like to know where I'm jumping before leaping. If I'm going somewhere new, I'll want to know where I'm going and what will happen when I get there. And I'm not sure whether actions speak louder than words. I think that sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. Sometimes someone's actions could contradict with what they believe inside and their words are a better way of understanding them, but sometimes it's the opposite. Apologies if I'm misunderstanding the question, though.

Introvert.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

Well considering I never get invited for a night out, I might decide a part of me /wants/ to go for it because it's probably not going to happen again, and if I accept they'll probably invite me another time. But I'll most likely end up declining anyway because I'm not the sort to enjoy a night out anyway and I'll be too scared, and I don't like suddenly jumping into something with any mental preparation, if that makes sense. I can't imagine just deciding "Hey, let's do this random thing!", it has to be, "Hey, let's do this random thing next week!" And if it's a night out as in a disco or a party or something, I wouldn't want to go even if I was given a week's worth of mental preparation haha.

Introvert who also enjoys planning things in advance. IxxJ.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

Not really sure. I get incredibly tense if I'm stressing over something, and I might get impatient. I might start to snap at close family members but I'd never snap at anyone else I don't think. (This year I also started to spend my money a lot more loosely on video games [I'm usually very careful with my money] and for some reason cared a lot about having good tasting food every night, which lead me to think inferior Se, but I don't actually know if I was stressed or not so I suppose this point can be disregarded.)

What else do you do when you are stressed out? Do you focus on other people's weaknesses and incompetence, or do you enjoy 'letting loose' by over indulging such as binge eating?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I dislike strongly opinionated people who judge others based on limited information. Like, "they did this, this means they're this kind of person and so I don't like them." I overheard someone once say to someone who made this kind of judgement, "well maybe they were just having a bad day and they aren't like that at all, I don't think we should judge people like that" and I felt like I wanted to hug them haha. I also dislike when people are insensitive or decide to be cruel to others just because they're in a bad mood, or when people are selfish or aren't willing to listen to another's point of view. There are probably other things but I can't think of them right now haha.

You are a very sensitive soul who prefers thinking with emotional intelligence over cold-logical intelligence. God, I hope I don't stereotypical or anything, lol.
So, I'm back down to IxFJ.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

MBTI haha. That's it, really. I don't really like talking in real life. Maybe it's just because I'm a hormonal teen, I don't know.

Think harder. c:
Is there anything you really enjoy that you like to talk about with other people? Is there a hobby or a religion that you enjoy?

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?

The real world. I feel like I'm living in my own bubble half the time. If I got a penny every-time someone asked me if I live under a rock, I'd be rich. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but I do get asked that. I'm also quite bad at paying attention to life's daily routine. I struggle to make sure I shower, eat, brush my teeth, go to bed at night etc. I'm fine if I'm at college because I'll just make sure I do it all when I wake up and it becomes a normal routine, but when I'm off college I'm just a mess.

This all points to inferior Se since you ignore what's going on with your body until its too late. It is often said that INFJs and INTJs don't live in real life and that their way of thinking and living inside of their heads never matches the timeline of the real world, so they often go for many hours not sleeping or eating until they're falling apart at the seams, so to speak.

This could also be a rejecting of all things that xSxx types enjoy, so...

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I think my friends perceive me differently depending on how I know them. My close online friends who I type to most of the time rather than speak, I'm told, perceive me as a kind, warm person who they can talk to about problems or have banter with. I'd say this is hopefully true. I think some of my friends can also perceive me as as quite ditsy and relaxed, and I think, in particular, friends I've known since I was a child and who I speak to online with a microphone more than type to, see me as very innocent and young at heart. I'd say, if these friends do indeed see me this way, they are wrong about me being relaxed (me? relaxed?!) and I don't think I'm as innocent as they think I am, and not as young at heart as they think I am. But I do think I can come across as all this, at least to some of my friends, which is why I think they perceive me like all this. My friends would probably never say I'm mean or bossy or loud or competitive.

Its great that you have good friends such as these. Treasure them!
IxFJ types are most likely the ones whom friends and family members say that they can come to them for advice or support, since IxFJ has Fe and its all about wanting the best for others.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Playing video games, watching TV/Netflix, typing to friends online and probably researching into MBTI/Jungian Typology haha.

Introverted activities.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to (hopefully) some responses!

Diagnosis: A young, dazed and confused INFJ who may need a helping hand at better organizing themselves a bit more.

Jellyfish1234

In other words, are you more hands-on (practical) or do you prefer to read something about it to learn? (theoretical)

Here's a better question: Do you enjoy ideas as long as they have a practical use for it, or do you enjoy ideas for their own sake?

What else do you do when you are stressed out? Do you focus on other people's weaknesses and incompetence, or do you enjoy 'letting loose' by over indulging such as binge eating?

Think harder. c:
Is there anything you really enjoy that you like to talk about with other people? Is there a hobby or a religion that you enjoy?

1) Definitely more theoretical and I dislike practical activities. At school I used to hate it when the science teacher told us we weren't going to be reading out of books and instead were going to do a practical lesson - in contrast to my friends, I wanted to just read textbooks and I never felt like I learnt anything in practicals and I was just terrible at them haha. And in drama sometimes I'm given practical tasks, like "set up the stage" or something, and for some reason I just really struggle to do stuff like that. Even moving chairs and tables in order to change the shape of the classroom can be quite dificult for me for some reason haha. So unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I'd say theoretical.

2) Hm. I'm not sure. I do enjoy things like space and theories about what's out there, and I'll sometimes watch documentaries about supernatural accounts and theories and things which I don't suppose has a very practical use. Or maybe it's "practical use" is to make me feel better and engage me? Or is that not a practical use?

3) I'm not sure. I have a medical condition which requires I eat a lot more than others anyway so I don't really notice when I "binge eat". I'll often just go downstairs and sit with three packets of jaffa cakes and a big bag of crisps and just eat until I'm full, but I'm encouraged to do that anyway, so it's not something I notice doing when I'm stressed. I think I can sometimes focus on other people's incompetence and weaknesses too, yes, but I'm not sure if this is a result of me being stressed or not. I'll try to reflect more on this and come back to you if I find a better answer.

4) Not really, no. I just kind of speak to people about what they come to me with, or I'll speak about the video game we're currently playing. Most of my conversations are either talking about someone's problems, talking about a video game e.g. "kill them! Revive me! Haha that was hilarious!", mindless banter or personality theory. And my friends will sometimes bring up random topics and I'll talk to them about them to (for example I got into a debate about whether we "know" anything or not, and whether it is possible that rocks could be alive and fly around when we aren't there, and I remember one time we were talking about whether we enjoy re-reading books and movies and whether we see it as a pointless activity or not, which I did). I've always kind of struggled when it comes to talking with people because I never really have much to say haha.

Thank you so much for that really detailed response, it's incredible!

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) Definitely more theoretical and I dislike practical activities. At school I used to hate it when the science teacher told us we weren't going to be reading out of books and instead were going to do a practical lesson - in contrast to my friends, I wanted to just read textbooks and I never felt like I learnt anything in practicals and I was just terrible at them haha. And in drama sometimes I'm given practical tasks, like "set up the stage" or something, and for some reason I just really struggle to do stuff like that. Even moving chairs and tables in order to change the shape of the classroom can be quite dificult for me for some reason haha. So unless I'm misunderstanding the question, I'd say theoretical.

Then I suppose both of our suspicions were true in that you are more of an N type rather than an S type.

2) Hm. I'm not sure. I do enjoy things like space and theories about what's out there, and I'll sometimes watch documentaries about supernatural accounts and theories and things which I don't suppose has a very practical use. Or maybe it's "practical use" is to make me feel better and engage me? Or is that not a practical use?

Practical things like, I don't know, let me ask you a simpler question. Would you rather learn (for fun):
A.) How something is built.
B.) A new religion.

3) I'm not sure. I have a medical condition which requires I eat a lot more than others anyway so I don't really notice when I "binge eat". I'll often just go downstairs and sit with three packets of jaffa cakes and a big bag of crisps and just eat until I'm full, but I'm encouraged to do that anyway, so it's not something I notice doing when I'm stressed. I think I can sometimes focus on other people's incompetence and weaknesses too, yes, but I'm not sure if this is a result of me being stressed or not. I'll try to reflect more on this and come back to you if I find a better answer.

Sure, take your time!

4) Not really, no. I just kind of speak to people about what they come to me with, or I'll speak about the video game we're currently playing. Most of my conversations are either talking about someone's problems, talking about a video game e.g. "kill them! Revive me! Haha that was hilarious!", mindless banter or personality theory. And my friends will sometimes bring up random topics and I'll talk to them about them to (for example I got into a debate about whether we "know" anything or not, and whether it is possible that rocks could be alive and fly around when we aren't there, and I remember one time we were talking about whether we enjoy re-reading books and movies and whether we see it as a pointless activity or not, which I did). I've always kind of struggled when it comes to talking with people because I never really have much to say haha.

Thank you so much for that really detailed response, it's incredible!

Your welcome. :]

Jellyfish1234

Practical things like, I don't know, let me ask you a simpler question. Would you rather learn (for fun):
A.) How something is built.
B.) A new religion.

The new religion would interest me more.

So, do you think I am just not developed enough at my age right now in order to identify with the idea of predicting future events?

Thanks again!

OxygenatedCoffee

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
You're definitely an auxilary Fe user. As I've stated earlier, I think you're an INFJ.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So, do you think I am just not developed enough at my age right now in order to identify with the idea of predicting future events?

If I was 18 again, and people asked me about if I was using Ni or not, I wouldn't understand the question either. So, yes, it might be your age that you aren't really grasping what Ni is about or how it works for you, personally.

Jellyfish1234

If I was 18 again, and people asked me about if I was using Ni or not, I wouldn't understand the question either. So, yes, it might be your age that you aren't really grasping what Ni is about or how it works for you, personally.

Okay, thank you so much for all your help, theforsaken! You've been truly amazing!

Jellyfish1234

A couple of questions if you don't mind answering them please [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION].

1) I was speaking to Yamato Nadeshiko and they aren't sure whether this is Si dom related or just personality quirks. Can I ask, do you relate to this at all, or do you think it could be connected to Ni even?

"Sometimes my Mother will relay to others something that I've said and she'll relay it slightly incorrectly and I'll get really annoyed. So for example, when I was a kid, I once won an MP3 player and said I'll sell it online, and whenever my Mother tells people the story of it she tells them I said "I'll sell it on Ebay", and to me this gives off an entirely different picture of me and the impression of the situation that what actually happened, so I'll get irritated and want to correct her.

And sometimes she'll relay something my brother has said and she'll relay it in a way that characterises him as someone he isn't and this irritates me aswell. Like for example, she'll say "and your brother said, 'No, I'm not doing that, my Dad will kill me!'" (in a really lighthearted tone of voice) and I'll know that this isn't something my brother would say, he'd say something like "No 'coz Dad'll kill me" in a really matter of fact way, and it annoys me that my Mother is spreading round the wrong impression of who my brother is for some reason.

It especially annoys me when she does this about me, and "quotes" me to somebody, and says something, a word or tone of voice, slightly differently than what actually happened, and it gives off a completely different interpretation as to what I was meaning when I said it or what my personality is like, and it annoys me.

And sometimes she'll describe an event to someone and she'll give the people in the experience different words or tone of voices or attitudes when impersonating them, and I'll correct her on certain words, for example, and she'll get annoyed and say "Does it matter? It means the same thing!" but to me it doesn't, and her altering those slight details makes the whole thing something completely different, and gives people an inaccurate account of what happened."

2) I noticed in another thread you told someone it sounded like they use Si because they always remembered when someone hurt them (at least, I think that was you haha). I relate to this, and although I forgive, I don't tend to forget. So could this actually be a sign of Si then? Or could INFJ do this too?

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All of that doesn't sound anything of the cognitive functions and is more of unique quirks that many teenagers have and when their parents annoy them, lol.
About the Si thing and forgiveness, all types can remember something that hurt them deeply, whether or not they have Si in their primary stack is irrelevant. My famous "Si = Good Memory?" thread also covers what Si means for ISFJs and so on if you can have a look. :p

Jellyfish1234

All of that doesn't sound anything of the cognitive functions and is more of unique quirks that many teenagers have and when their parents annoy them, lol.
About the Si thing and forgiveness, all types can remember something that hurt them deeply, whether or not they have Si in their primary stack is irrelevant. My famous "Si = Good Memory?" thread also covers what Si means for ISFJs and so on if you can have a look. :p

Ah okay haha, thanks. Could you link me to that please? I think I may have already seen a part of it actually, not sure.

Jellyfish1234

Oh, and would you say these are examples of Ni dom? Or am I misunderstanding it? Sorry for bothering you with more questions, [MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION]

1) When I was in secondary school, in my English Literature class I managed to make all sorts of wacky ideas about what certain things in the book symbolised and I used go get quite excited when I found something I felt was a symbol for something else, or at least something I could make out was a symbol/metaphor in my essay. I quite enjoyed digging for meaning behind everything.

2) I took a Creative Writing course two years ago and when I wrote I found that most of the time I didn't plan the plots to my stories, I usually just went with a general idea and wrote them and they just kind of developed as I went, like my subconscious was writing it for me. I think I read somewhere about Steven King, an Ni dom, doing something like this?

3) Although I hated the idea of it and didn't think I would be very good at it, I found to my surprise that I am actually quite a good improviser in drama. When I had to stand up and improvise twice, everything just seemed to come to me in a clear linear line of thought, like a stream of what I should do and say just flowed through me and I spoke it and it was all just very natural and weird.

4) This previous point I think may link to something else - for some reason, in secondary school, I found to my amazement that I love exams. I might be terrible in a Maths or Physics class and not do well on coursework and feel as though I'm going to fail, but put me in an exam and suddenly everything just came to me, and I felt like I just knew everything and everything clicked and made sense and it was as if I was intensely focused and could accomplish anything. I saw an INTJ describe something slightly similar in a YouTube video, so is this Ni dom related?

5) I saw an INFJ describe an experience where they can look at a piece of nature and get a weird feeling that there's some kind of other layer behind it, like a world that isn't part of ours or a different dimension. I don't think I do this with just nature but I have this weird experience where I feel like everything is watching me. Well, not watching me, I can't really explain it, but it feels like everything has some kind of meaning or dimension behind it that has access to something higher and that I can see a glimpse of it. Sorry, I'm not explaining this well at all, but it's like this experience is how I see the world a lot of the time, if not all the time. I don't know if this is Ni dom related or whether I'm just insane or have a weird experience of seeing things or something, or whether this is an entirely different function altogether, what do you think?

Last edited:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I will get back to you on this tomorrow. This gal got's to go to bed for work tomorrow. :sleeping:
Hope you have a great night yourself!

Jellyfish1234

I will get back to you on this tomorrow. This gal got's to go to bed for work tomorrow. :sleeping:
Hope you have a great night yourself!

Alright, thanks, hope you have a great night too!

Also, a few more questions for you haha:

1) I often just make up my own songs on the fly. I'll just start singing, humming a tune, and I just say lyrics and make a song that makes sense and usually rhymes without really thinking about it. Is this linked to N over S? Or Ni or something?

2) I'm really unaware of my clothes and my Mother and brother choose what I wear because I have really bad sense of fashion and fashion is not anywhere near the top of my priorities list. If I try to put my own clothes on, I'll get told I've got the wrong shoes on or something. "Those are the ones you wear for the gym, not to restaurants!" And my shoelaces are often undone without me realizing because I forget to tie them or I just won't notice they're undone for a bit. Is this inferior Se related or is it just a quirk again?

3) I kind of relate to the idea of having unrealistic expectations of something. When I was a kid I used to imagine my new school or nursery to be a disco room for some reason, and when I'm going somewhere new or doing something new I'll always imagine it to be frightening and horrible and I get too scared to want to do it, and then when I do it (usually because my Mother forces me to) it's fine. Does this imply anything such as weak Ni or something? Or is it just anxiety again?

4) I think I do have a side of me that just cares about being attractive and sexual and 'manly', but nobody would probably ever guess that I have this side of me at all, and I keep it all very private and locked away. Is this a sign of inferior Se or is this just because I'm an awkward teenage guy?

Last edited:

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1) When I was in secondary school, in my English Literature class I managed to make all sorts of wacky ideas about what certain things in the book symbolised and I used go get quite excited when I found something I felt was a symbol for something else, or at least something I could make out was a symbol/metaphor in my essay. I quite enjoyed digging for meaning behind everything.

This is definitely something that xNxx types tend to enjoy over xSxx types.

2) I took a Creative Writing course two years ago and when I wrote I found that most of the time I didn't plan the plots to my stories, I usually just went with a general idea and wrote them and they just kind of developed as I went, like my subconscious was writing it for me. I think I read somewhere about Steven King, an Ni dom, doing something like this?

I'm like this as well, and this is because Ni is all about being a "road behind" cognitive function in that, even if I do not know where my story goes, as long as I can look back and pick up the clues and pieces, I can then line them up to a natural conclusion at the end that will somehow make sense at the end of it all.

3) Although I hated the idea of it and didn't think I would be very good at it, I found to my surprise that I am actually quite a good improviser in drama. When I had to stand up and improvise twice, everything just seemed to come to me in a clear linear line of thought, like a stream of what I should do and say just flowed through me and I spoke it and it was all just very natural and weird.

:notype:

4) This previous point I think may link to something else - for some reason, in secondary school, I found to my amazement that I love exams. I might be terrible in a Maths or Physics class and not do well on coursework and feel as though I'm going to fail, but put me in an exam and suddenly everything just came to me, and I felt like I just knew everything and everything clicked and made sense and it was as if I was intensely focused and could accomplish anything. I saw an INTJ describe something slightly similar in a YouTube video, so is this Ni dom related?

Do you mean exams as in multiple choices or essays? I know that in general, introverts tend to enjoy essays more so than multiple choices.

5) I saw an INFJ describe an experience where they can look at a piece of nature and get a weird feeling that there's some kind of other layer behind it, like a world that isn't part of ours or a different dimension. I don't think I do this with just nature but I have this weird experience where I feel like everything is watching me. Well, not watching me, I can't really explain it, but it feels like everything has some kind of meaning or dimension behind it that has access to something higher and that I can see a glimpse of it. Sorry, I'm not explaining this well at all, but it's like this experience is how I see the world a lot of the time, if not all the time. I don't know if this is Ni dom related or whether I'm just insane or have a weird experience of seeing things or something, or whether this is an entirely different function altogether, what do you think?

I know that a lot of NF people in general have an amazing imagination for this sort of thing, though perhaps INFJ/INTJ even more so with the whole dimensional/sci-fi thing in their line of thinking. That there could be something else beneath what could be seen by the naked eye is something that INFJ love to think about.

1) I often just make up my own songs on the fly. I'll just start singing, humming a tune, and I just say lyrics and make a song that makes sense and usually rhymes without really thinking about it. Is this linked to N over S? Or Ni or something?

:notype:

2) I'm really unaware of my clothes and my Mother and brother choose what I wear because I have really bad sense of fashion and fashion is not anywhere near the top of my priorities list. If I try to put my own clothes on, I'll get told I've got the wrong shoes on or something. "Those are the ones you wear for the gym, not to restaurants!" And my shoelaces are often undone without me realizing because I forget to tie them or I just won't notice they're undone for a bit. Is this inferior Se related or is it just a quirk again?

Definitely an inferior Se aspect. I know that, in general, INxJ can be a bit clumsy looking since they are way more observed in their own inner world (Ni) than the outside reality (Se).

3) I kind of relate to the idea of having unrealistic expectations of something. When I was a kid I used to imagine my new school or nursery to be a disco room for some reason, and when I'm going somewhere new or doing something new I'll always imagine it to be frightening and horrible and I get too scared to want to do it, and then when I do it (usually because my Mother forces me to) it's fine. Does this imply anything such as weak Ni or something? Or is it just anxiety again?

Anxiety. :p

4) I think I do have a side of me that just cares about being attractive and sexual and 'manly', but nobody would probably ever guess that I have this side of me at all, and I keep it all very private and locked away. Is this a sign of inferior Se or is this just because I'm an awkward teenage guy?

:notype: , just an unfortunate symptom of teenage hormones.