• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stars Wars the feminist awakens

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This actually reminds me of how there were some people that were actually upset that Riptor, a dinosaur from Killer Instinct, is female.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ugh it just makes me so sick. Like how Samus turned out to be a chick in Metroid.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man. It must suck to have such a burning hatred toward something that is viewed positively by most that you can't even enjoy a movie without being haunted by a super-imposed narration of that onto a film.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Man. It must suck to have such a burning hatred toward something that is viewed positively by most that you can't even enjoy a movie without being haunted by a super-imposed narration of that onto a film.

It is what it is, I still enjoy other aspects of it.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never watched a Star Wars movie, and I have no intention of ever watching one

btw netflix keeps recommending those 'strong female lead' movies, and they all suck

have a nice day

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've never watched a Star Wars movie, and I have no intention of ever watching one

btw netflix keeps recommending those 'strong female lead' movies, and they all suck

have a nice day

netflix is just another head on the communistzionistfeminist beast. feminazi ladies can kick the creepy nice guys into the friendzone because they feel entitled to their vaginas just like rapists, then netflix and chill with the alpha men who are at least open about their feelings of entitlement to dat ass.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
The Force Awakens sucked, it has barely a single original plotline and the quality of acting actually made me cringe. The directors will have to lean so much on the previous trilogies to make this work, now Disney has dispensed with the EU (Extended Universe). However, I don't really feel the movie was too brazenly feminist, but perhaps I was too focused on other things which went wrong.

Insofar as cultural engineering is concerned, though, I did notice the tired black man-white woman trope being peddled. It seems to me that more and more, that whenever the lead character in an action film is a white woman, a black man is not far behind. Oh well, it's all part of affirmative action I guess.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
netflix is just another head on the communistzionistfeminist beast. feminazi ladies can kick the creepy nice guys into the friendzone because they feel entitled to their vaginas just like rapists, then netflix and chill with the alpha men who are at least open about their feelings of entitlement to dat ass.
you do impersonate far-right nutjobs quite well

i can do the liberal version just as good

i guess i'm your evil twin

gromit

likes this
I liked that movie. Thought it was fun and in the spirit of the originals. I really like sequels which re-cast the original actors in the same roles, apparently. I think the new independence day might be cool for that same reason.

I actually agree that Rey was "too good" at things without the narrative justifications.

Yes me too, that was one of my main gripes w/the movie.

Like that light saber battle, that would have been so much better if she was just kind of barely getting by. that was the most glaring/unrealistic to me.

Crabs

Permabanned
Don't even get me started on the all-female Ghostbusters reboot. The problem isn't female Ghostbusters; it's the fact that Sony thought it would be a brilliant idea to take a classic film and swap the genders to make it "progressive." Even the receptionist is male. Who in their right fucking mind thought the director, writer and cast of Bridesmaids would be a perfect choice for Ghostbusters?

puking-uncontrollably.gif

On the subject of Star Wars, Kylo Ren's only redeeming quality is that Adam Driver made this parody.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
and we have yet another antifeminist circlejerk thread started by jix

mariah-carey-birthday15.gif

Duffy

Don't even get me started on the all-female Ghostbusters reboot. The problem isn't female Ghostbusters; it's the fact that Sony thought it would be a brilliant idea to take a classic film and swap the genders to make it "progressive." Even the receptionist is male. Who in their right fucking mind thought the director, writer and cast of Bridesmaids would be a perfect choice for Ghostbusters?

I don't have a problem with this, however, I think it puts women in a shitty position playing a mere parody of their male counterparts. It makes it hard to take seriously because I have a feeling it's going to come off as trying to be cute and quirky as opposed to just plain funny. It's a gimmick, basically. Of course, I hope I am wrong about this.

Edit: Oh wow, I didn't know who was the director until you mentioned.