• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How did the Codebreaker

I don’t know. SW films are full of those sort of plot holes and logic gaps if you look close enough. The sort of things HISHE videos like to riff on.

What I found more troubling was forced character development that felt awkward and I thought the movie could have benefited from better editing.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't know why they tried to sneak in so much comedy in a more serious film.. but eh it was fine and good at some parts.

Why Kylo Ren was even subservient to Snoke in the first place was laughable, no back story just some old cheese who has a bit of powers.

However it is unfailingly true, I fall for Daisy Ridley, she just gets prettier the longer I look at her.

Speak to me in British Daisy!

Eh35TO7.jpg

Not that I am a huge fan of Star Wars anyway but it was a good film for what it was. So my expectations weren't incredibly high like some others may have it haha.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Snoke did remind me a lot of the Prophets in Halo though haha.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know why they tried to sneak in so much comedy in a more serious film.. but eh it was fine and good at some parts.

Why Kylo Ren was even subservient to Snoke in the first place was laughable, no back story just some old cheese who has a bit of powers.

Not that I am a huge fan of Star Wars anyway but it was a good film for what it was. So my expectations weren't incredibly high like some others may have it haha.

Snoke had more than a bit of powers. But why Kylo Ren was subservient to Snoke likely has two reasons, one more obvious and one less obvious.

1. The obvious reason is that Snoke was stronger in the Force than Kylo Ren. Kylo is also a lot younger. And you obviously have not heard of the Rule of Two. This rule states that there must always be a Sith Lord and an apprentice. If Snoke was the Sith Lord, who was the apprentice? I'll give you one guess.

2. Kylo Ren did not intend to be Snoke's apprentice forever.

As for where Snoke came from, there is no back story (that I know of), just as there was no back story for Palpatine when the original trilogy came out.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know there have been a lot of nitpickings and hateful attitudes directed at The Last Jedi (as there was toward The Force Awakens, and as there was toward the prequels, etc.), but I don't really care about it. However, I am disappointed that the rebel "scum" still haven't learned to attack AT-ATs from behind.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don’t know. SW films are full of those sort of plot holes and logic gaps if you look close enough. The sort of things HISHE videos like to riff on.

What I found more troubling was forced character development that felt awkward and I thought the movie could have benefited from better editing.

I don't see the point in nitpickery. The plot hole in The Matrix was bad enough to take down the entire series. Perhaps the Codebreaker heard about it from the rebel "scum" he was with. But we do know this: it is impossible for anybody to enter the matrix alone. And yet it happened. Or maybe Cypher's partner was asleep at the wheel while he was discussing becoming a traitor while having an expensive steak dinner with Agent Smith.

I can name more minor plot holes in the Star Wars series that I myself have noticed. But it doesn't matter. Disney gave the audience a spectacle they have been waiting for since The Empire Strikes Back. And the same people who nitpick Star Wars are all-forgiving when it comes to The Matrix.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see the point in nitpickery. The plot hole in The Matrix was bad enough to take down the entire series. Perhaps the Codebreaker heard about it from the rebel "scum" he was with. But we do know this: it is impossible for anybody to enter the matrix alone. And yet it happened. Or maybe Cypher's partner was asleep at the wheel while he was discussing becoming a traitor while having an expensive steak dinner with Agent Smith.

I can name more minor plot holes in the Star Wars series that I myself have noticed. But it doesn't matter. Disney gave the audience a spectacle they have been waiting for since The Empire Strikes Back. And the same people who nitpick Star Wars are all-forgiving when it comes to The Matrix.

I find most modern science fiction and fantasy films have major plot holes if you look closely and I try not to let them bother me. The Star Trek TNG cast films are s pretty good example. Picard could jump from the nexus to the beginning of the film and just arrest Soren then.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

However it is unfailingly true, I fall for Daisy Ridley, she just gets prettier the longer I look at her.

Speak to me in British Daisy!

Eh35TO7.jpg

You like those delicate doe eyed women, I’ve noticed.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find most modern science fiction and fantasy films have major plot holes if you look closely and I try not to let them bother me. The Star Trek TNG cast films are s pretty good example. Picard could jump from the nexus to the beginning of the film and just arrest Soren then.

That's not even a plot hole.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's not even a plot hole.

I think it goes against everything established about picard’s temperament and personality, to the degree it could be seen as a major logic gap. It doesn’t seem in character at all, it’s just a convenient excuse to get Picard and Kirk paired up for the climactic fight with the big bad. The Nexus is one big lazy plot device and so while technically it isn’t a plot hole in itself, I think the way the main characters choose to pursue or use it is written in a lazy manner. TNG Picard would never go running into battle unprepared, he would calculate and assess the situation and knowing that he could use the nexus to jump to any one place or time, I cannot see him choosing to put himself in such a vulnerable position with the odds clearly stacked against him. He would likely jump to the point where Soren is pulled from the observatory, have him placed into custody, and order Worf to scan for signs of a cloaked Klingon bird of prey.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think it goes against everything established about picard’s temperament and personality, to the degree it could be seen as a major logic gap. It doesn’t seem in character at all, it’s just a convenient excuse to get Picard and Kirk paired up for the climactic fight with the big bad. The Nexus is one big lazy plot device and so while technically it isn’t a plot hole in itself, I think the way the main characters choose to pursue or use it is written in a lazy manner. TNG Picard would never go running into battle unprepared, he would calculate and assess the situation and knowing that he could use the nexus to jump to any one place or time, I cannot see him choosing to put himself in such a vulnerable position with the odds clearly stacked against him. He would likely jump to the point where Soren is pulled from the observatory, have him placed into custody, and order Worf to scan for signs of a cloaked Klingon bird of prey.

From what I've read, the scene was just an excuse by the writers to get Kirk killed. But it's not a plot hole.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From what I've read, the scene was just an excuse by the writers to get Kirk killed. But it's not a plot hole.

The plot is shaky, most of the characters act sloppily and out of character just to move the plot along to the predestined points dictated by Berman. The nexus should have been more central, an interesting movie would have involved Kirk and Picard spending most of the film trapped and trying to escape, repeatedly being fooled by the nexus, etc

Anyway, if you can look at any one instance like that and it makes the whole story crumble under that scrutiny, than to me it merits consideration as a plot hole

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You like those delicate doe eyed women, I’ve noticed.

Yeah good pattern to find! Because doe eyes may suggest vulnerability which something I believe I do and desire, it might be a projection that I see in women I like. And the delicate quality may as well go with it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Snoke had more than a bit of powers. But why Kylo Ren was subservient to Snoke likely has two reasons, one more obvious and one less obvious.

1. The obvious reason is that Snoke was stronger in the Force than Kylo Ren. Kylo is also a lot younger. And you obviously have not heard of the Rule of Two. This rule states that there must always be a Sith Lord and an apprentice. If Snoke was the Sith Lord, who was the apprentice? I'll give you one guess.

They aren't technically Sith, just darkside users. Snoke is powerful with the force; it seems to me like this entire generation of Force users is stronger than the generation that got their start in the prequel era (and of course, most Star Wars movies have introduced totally new Force powers. We never even see someone use telekinesis until ESB).

I thought the movie surpassed ROTJ in quality, and I really like ROTJ! It's the first SW film to do that since ROTJ was released... though Rogue One came close.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
They aren't technically Sith, just darkside users. Snoke is powerful with the force; it seems to me like this entire generation of Force users is stronger than the generation that got their start in the prequel era (and of course, most Star Wars movies have introduced totally new Force powers. We never even see someone use telekinesis until ESB).

I thought the movie surpassed ROTJ in quality, and I really like ROTJ! It's the first SW film to do that since ROTJ was released... though Rogue One came close.

Snoke and Kylo are Sith-like. Close enough. Kylo is Darth Vader-like, and Snoke is Palpatine-like. The movie itself is TESB-like. Palpatine was too busy wielding Force lightning against Luke to notice Vader. TLJ was everything I expect from the Star Wars franchise and then some.

Lark

The cool thing is that even if all the others were wiped out there would still be one Jedi no one knows about and that's Jedi Master Lark. :happy2: