• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Silence is Pretentious

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The stoic as closest narcissist? Is your quiet friend really a douche bag?

Eros is the opposite of death and silence most often is a form of communication which when overused causes prolific harm. On the shitter at work I beseech you to discuss this matter so my bathroom breaks are entertaining.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Eros is the opposite of death and silence most often is a form of communication which when overused causes prolific harm. On the shitter at work I beseech you to discuss this matter so my bathroom breaks are entertaining.

Death gives life it's meaning, that means that death makes Being possible.

Death awakens us to the truth of our Being. Death reveals (discloses), and un-hides ourselves to ourselves.

That is to say Death is the reflection of life.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Death awakens us to the truth of our Being. Death reveals (discloses), and un-hides ourselves to ourselves.

Interesting. Then perhaps silence as death is the mirror upon which the stoic's eyes are glued.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Essentially:

There is only one god, and that is death. And what do we say to the god of death? Not today!

Correct?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
not always sometimes silence is more of i don't want to deal with your bullshit. or whenever i start to talk you interupt me or don't listen. sometimes silence is there's nothing to say.

also see if there's a cat attached to the person's tongue.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
not always sometimes silence is more of i don't want to deal with your bullshit. or whenever i start to talk you interupt me or don't listen. sometimes silence is there's nothing to say.

also see if there's a cat attached to the person's tongue.
So we see when silence is good or unavoidable or neutral but when does the lady say silence is bad?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting. Then perhaps silence as death is the mirror upon which the stoic's eyes are glued.

Death reveals to us possibilities: To Be or not to Be.

Silence is an expression. That is to say there can be no silence without Being (Without someone who can speak).

Only someone who can talk may be silent.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
So we see when silence is good or unavoidable or neutral but when does the lady say silence is bad?

when they're anti not relationship or when an opinion is asked and it's not given, like do you like the cookies *silence* then it is bad even a "no i don't" is better silence is a don't fucking know the answer and this is one way i'm a bad i can't stand not having closure with stuff like that.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Silence is for those who don't feel this need to always talk. Silence is laying with someone just enjoying the company. It's self thought and introspection. It's observation. Talking is about discussing the silence, discussing life. Therefore talking is not living, it's looking back. I will do that after I die, for silence is living, not death.

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Essentially:

There is only one god, and that is death. And what do we say to the god of death? Not today!

Correct?

I don't like to use that word because it is too commonly misunderstood, but yes, that works.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So the people defend Silence. It makes sense. Styge lives in us all and she is the benifecent goddess of silence who brings great spiritual gifts in the abyss of emptiness.

So it does not surprise this one that many would see the good in the darkness.
But what of the bad?

Evee

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So the people defend Silence. It makes sense. Styge lives in us all and she is the benifecent goddess of silence who brings great spiritual gifts in the abyss of emptiness.

So it does not surprise this one that many would see the good in the darkness.
But what of the bad?

Silence can convey, or can be used as a definite way of expressing oneself about something to another, but silence can also conceal, which is the opposite of truth (Unhiddenness), in that way it is bad.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
In truth, a blank sheet
Declares by the void
That there is nothing as beautiful
As that which does not exist.
On the magic mirror of its white space,
The soul sees before her the place of the miracles
That we would bring to life with signs and lines.
This presence of absence over-excites
And at the same time paralyses the definitive act of the pen.
There is in all beauty a forbiddance to touch,
From which emanates I don’t know what of sacred
That stops the movement and puts the man
On the point of acting in fear of himselfP

Paul Valery

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From my own point of view, silence is a refuge that I don't have the luxury to experience. Even when I don't talk, my face makes noise. Silence is where things may be blooming or festering, perhaps both.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Silence can convey, or can be used as a definite way of expressing oneself about something to another, but silence can also conceal, which is the opposite of truth (Unhiddenness based on disclosure) and in that way it is bad.
This one did not foresee that. A good mind. This silence is the silence of snake.

- - - Updated - - -

From my own point of view, silence is a refuge that I don't have the luxury to experience. Even when I don't talk, my face makes noise. Silence is where things may be blooming or festering, perhaps both.

Another good point to beg the question.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Silence is loud enough for the recipient to hear in their own voice and have no other dissent.

It's what you think it is. Even when it isn't.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Silence is loud enough for the recipient to hear in their own voice and have no other dissent.

It's what you think it is. Even when it isn't.

This one can be tricked by the silence. But then if one other, not this one, knows the trick upon the one can he not be the trickery too?