• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Si overload

Functions

• Si

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Se

• Ti

• Te

• Fi

• Fe

• Ni

• Ne

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sforza

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
I've been typed as an INTP and an ISFJ but both types don't click with me. I use ungodly amounts of Si, with some Ne also present. I do see myself using Ti but I cannot fathom to see it as my lead. From the information provided, I'm curious as to what type you think I best represent.

1. Click on this link: Candy MM | disgruntledbaker1 | Flickr Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
My initial thoughts were about my childhood and how tidy my room was just before I spilled a chest of lego on my carpet. My second thought was more abstract and the image reminded me of a fat office worker with yellow, cheap tie on the shitter; maybe because of the m&m colour and that thick porcelain mugs remind me of edgy defecation.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
I usually have a "couldn't care less" attitude in situations like this, as long as I'm having great interactions with my friends or someone's amusing me I'm all good and sit back letting others sort out the problem. I usually ask them seemingly arbitrary questions about the details of our problem, only to use their answer to make a humorous comment or mention an alternate, most likely, less orthodox solution.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assures you he won't drink so he can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I'm very enthusiastic towards the driver encouraging him to go to that afterparty, laughing in my head imagining him pissed by the car when he comes back. I would drag him away from my friends if I knew they'd be skeptical of his reliability, and keep their minds off him while he's at the afterparty as long as I can, so they won't have any time to intervene if he's actually getting drunk. While managing all of this I'd run some alternate ideas of getting back home.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
If it contradicts a strong belief of mine I get irritated but don't show it, I cool off quickly and make sure I understand him clearly with a gauntlet of questions. I reach a common ground with him, understanding his point of view, but rarely phase my belief. But most beliefs I have are not set in stone and are easily mutable after an enlightening discussion.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
I'd analyse it from few perspectives, but most importantly assess whether it's detrimental not to incorporate my new "clashing" experience into my current beliefs.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Health & dignity, stylistic/visual integrity, honesty with myself. Their details and execution can surely be altered, not the overall idea.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
My brand of humour, sense of aesthetics, what inspires me and my sensory needs. I would want to be completely unaffected by my negative emotional states, eg. jealousy or missing close ones.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I experience strong hunches very rarely, usually about people. I tease my hunch out through humour before that person to see if I was right. Usually I dwell on them in my head for a while forgetting quickly.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Talking with my best friends or family. Listening to favourite music while taking in new stimulating visuals (paintings/movies) - that helps me develop my new personalised imagery based off what I'm seeing and hearing.
b) Social interactions when I need to put on a performance. Algebra and housework.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
My sense of humour, I think it can get very offensive without having a similar mindset. Some emotions that I see as inferior for display.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
A 9. 9 is obvious. It also explains why you are having difficulty both with typing yourself and relating to a type. And yes, from this questionere you are STILL fairly hard to type. Im actually not super comfortable with giving you an mbti type at this point as... I dont know the WHYs behind some of the things you are saying. Certain things that seem Si could be just sp instinct varient preference, things that seem Fe could just be 9, (I am fairly set on 9 for you so, I dont think what is 9 could be Fe- you COULD be both Fe and 9, but I do think you are definitely 9), ect ect- (there is a ton of overlap in typology- which is why ‘why’s’ are so important)

Anyways. I think you are 9 and probably sp/so x You seem fairly syn flow, though I suppose you could be 9 contra... another overlap- 9 contra really is atypical contra, hardly seeming contra at all, and so/sp I think really is the least contra of the contra types... so you could be so/sp as well.

Sforza

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
A 9. 9 is obvious. It also explains why you are having difficulty both with typing yourself and relating to a type. And yes, from this questionere you are STILL fairly hard to type. Im actually not super comfortable with giving you an mbti type at this point as... I dont know the WHYs behind some of the things you are saying. Certain things that seem Si could be just sp instinct varient preference, things that seem Fe could just be 9, (I am fairly set on 9 for you so, I dont think what is 9 could be Fe- you COULD be both Fe and 9, but I do think you are definitely 9), ect ect- (there is a ton of overlap in typology- which is why ‘why’s’ are so important)

Anyways. I think you are 9 and probably sp/so x You seem fairly syn flow, though I suppose you could be 9 contra... another overlap- 9 contra really is atypical contra, hardly seeming contra at all, and so/sp I think really is the least contra of the contra types... so you could be so/sp as well.

Thank you for reassuring me with the type 9 typing, with your endless conviction, I'd really like you to see more information on me though. Here's a link to the proper thread with more details you may find of any use Si overload