• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Trek thoughts

yeghor

1663638422241.png

yeghor

This scene where Kirk chooses to surrender always gives me goosebumps for some reason.

A Photon Torpedo Strikes Kronos One

yeghor

I always felt a liking for the Klingon Ambassador General Korrd in the Final Frontier movie. He comes across as a mellowed and wisened warrior, like a compassionate grandpa.

He also looks quite like General Iroh in Avatar the Last Airbender series, in appearance, tastes, demeanor and history. Turns out both Iroh and Korrd were strong warriors/tacticians who had lost children to war, which changed their outlook about it and life.

1663995997727.png
1663996054557.png

"Klingon Commander. Someone Wishes to Speak With You."

yeghor

I sense a general attitude of pretentiousness and self-aggrandization in Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space Nine series. Edit: Next generation as well.

The main characters are made to look like they are boasting their superior wits, intelligence and morals over their enemies. And it smells like white privilege, and by white I mean the Western "developed" world. Haven't watched Voyager and watched a bit DS 9 but I can't help noticing and getting irritated by it.

It also reminds me of the pretentious LARPers in my college, who were also little egotists.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This makes me happier than I understand why, but Terry Farrell (Dax of Deep Space 9) married Leonard Nimoy's son, Adam Nimoy.

I feel delighted.
That's cool. I wasn't aware she had gotten divorced. She originally left acting to be more family oriented and was living in the same general area I had been about 10 years ago but I didn't realize it -- I mean, how often do people from Hollywood end up in rural PA?

My roommate at the time who was in to yoga came back crowing about how she went to a yoga session at someone's house and it ended up being Terry Farrell. (She was even more of a Trekhead than I was, so of course she recognized her immediately.)

EDIT: Yikes, found this on Wikipedia a second ago.

In August 2015, she was reportedly in a relationship with Adam Nimoy[9] and Farrell confirmed on Twitter that they were engaged. Farrell and Nimoy were married in San Francisco on March 26, 2018, on Leonard Nimoy's 87th birthday.[10] The marriage ended in divorce in 2022.

Now I'm sad.

Siúil a Rúin

To the waters of the wild
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@Totenkindly
That's a bummer they got divorced. Marriage is really difficult especially when everyone isn't really busy with children, building houses, tending the farm, etc. They also had a new pandemic marriage as well.