• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Trek thoughts

The Cat

I'm from Outer Space...Dont Overthink it.
Staff member
nooooo...
View attachment 28021

I don't dislike Burnham, and Sonequa Martin-Green is great.

I just kinda hate how you know they are just going to make her a captain regardless of her character and behavior, and just fall back into a typical kind of role for a lead. I hate predictable and unrisky stuff. So they just pretend like they're going to take her in a different direction but it's all so inevitable.

It wasn't that Season 1 was convoluted, it was that it sucked emotionally and intellectually. Like, just noise and pictures, no real weight past the first episode -- aside from the episode with Riker and Troi, which I felt was well handled, and then the end of the finale with Data. I didn't care about much of it at all.

Yes, Q views Picard as a pet. We got that from the TNG pilot. Q's fun to watch, but unless there's something new to that relationship, did Season 2 add anything? (I'm actually asking.) Again, it's like really liking a band's first album from the 80's, then every album has felt like the same album and the songs interchangeable, and it's now 2022. Do I need to buy the new one?

I sometimes like to imagine that Data's cat Spot....is actually Q. Because that's what the Q actually are. Just cats...trickster gods experiencing an existence beyond mortal comprehension, sometimes becoming mortal cats again as a form of immortal nostalgia... Whenever a cat dies it wakes back up in the continuum and the whole thing goes on again.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
FB_IMG_1669219229499.jpg

Crossover event?

Doctor Cringelord

Retired from typology
I sometimes like to imagine that Data's cat Spot....is actually Q. Because that's what the Q actually are. Just cats...trickster gods experiencing an existence beyond mortal comprehension, sometimes becoming mortal cats again as a form of immortal nostalgia... Whenever a cat dies it wakes back up in the continuum and the whole thing goes on again.
I'd like to alternate between god/cat life.

Doctor Cringelord

Retired from typology
I am a bit surprised we haven't heard from the doctor yet. Given we have already seen Seven, Janeway, Chakotay and Tom Paris come back in various forms. Also considering Robert Picardo would probably do it in a heartbeat. I don't think his age is an issue. He looks good, and they could easily write in that he added an aging subroutine to his program.

My biggest wish would be to see Avery Brooks come back, but seems like he's been done with acting for a while and is perfectly happy living as a weird jazz cat pianist--a fate I think Sisko and the prophets would ultimately approve of after his contributions to galactic peace