• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Economists fear high inflation and rising interest rates will make it harder for the continent to spend its way out of this downturn. Tom Fairless, Wall Street Journal.
One area where government spending has been felt most directly is the labor market. Public-sector employment across the eurozone has risen 4% since 2019, compared with a 1% increase in market-services jobs and a 1% decline in manufacturing jobs, according to European Central Bank data. One in four eurozone workers was employed by the state last year...

After the financial crisis of the late 2000s and the ensuing eurozone debt crisis, Europe also tightened its belt, he said, but not this time around, even though rising interest rates and market turmoil are making it harder for governments to deepen public debt.

For now, Europe’s state-driven splurge is helping to delay and alleviate the economic downturn and might even help control inflation in the short term. But economists worry that this approach also carries risks.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, this is something. The Warnock runoff should be pushed just to drive the nail home.

I agree that the GA election should be pushed hard because I'm certain the GOP doesn't want to discuss Hershel Walker for the next month.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1668600822031.png

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A split congress will be the norm as long as they gerrymander this heavily.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The Midterms Made State Governments Bluer

A number of times I was arguing that state governments are basically overlooked leverage of power. Since this is where it is actually defined how exactly will big plans be implemented, plus this is where area specific laws are being made. Therefore this is what actually defines is your state a red state or blue state. So I will just put this here since when summed this is almost surely the biggest change of 2022. Even if this will mostly go under the radar again.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I've seen another with more evangelical prior supporters abandoning Trump as well, with one even claiming that he "was just using them" in 2016 and later to get elected and support his agenda.

The thing is, they are just as hypocritical. They were using Trump to get what they wanted. Once SCOTUS overturned abortion, they can now afford to ignore him. I guess that's another thing he is not getting for his supposed 2024 run. They used him to stack the courts, to achieve an aim, and now are looking for other options.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Tomb1

Drug dealers sell drugs to people who want to do drugs and sometimes by doing so indirectly contribute to further crime and death (similar to a bartender) whereas Mass shooters kill those who have no nepharious involvement and directly cause death and destruction. Trump wants to execute drug dealers swiftly but leave the fate of Mass Shooters in the hands of Jurors who may or may not elect for the death penalty. Makes no sense, like if you are looking to expedite due process and carry out swift executions on any type of criminals, mass shooters, serial killers and child molesters would have to rank higher up on the list than a drug dealer. Sure, drug dealers are not all nickel and dimers. But even those who engage in violence keep their killing and murder to those who choose to get involved in some nepharious manner with the drug enterprise. Drug dealers are not walking into schools and nightclubs spraying up anything and anyone.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

As someone in her 50's, I apologize to everyone for this insanity.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I guess my question is whether they dicked over the process long enough for control of the committee to pass to the GOP, making this pointless anyway.