• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Lark

Yeah, it was recommended to me to “watch again” haha.

I always hope that Disco kind of turns a corner and recovers something of who he was when I first visited the forum but I'm not so sure it'll happen these days.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I always hope that Disco kind of turns a corner and recovers something of who he was when I first visited the forum but I'm not so sure it'll happen these days.

Yeah, I still remember him shyly flirting with...I don’t remember her username. But I think she was a very pretty blond who used to frequent the forum. JustHer maybe? Back before politics became so central to his identity. (He was still one of the resident TypoC conservatives, but it wasn’t quite so...uh...pronounced). I miss those days.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This article is getting absolutely flamed today: Purity test: Democrats clash over Biden diversity goals - POLITICO
Particularly for the opening line: "Black Democrats are urging Joe Biden to resist growing pressure from the left to impose an anti-Wall Street purity test on his hiring decisions if elected, warning that it threatens the party’s desire to boost diversity in powerful executive branch posts."

What do y'all think?

Jaguar

I think he should hire whoever he wants and tell anyone who is trying to pressure him to shut the fuck up.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I just watched, this one was very near and dear to me (organized labor) and I like that he mentioned how poisoned people were/are by Cold War propaganda.

yeah same. :cheers:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I just watched, this one was very near and dear to me (organized labor) and I like that he mentioned how poisoned people were/are by Cold War propaganda.

Yeah, but what is kinda telling is hidden in the fact that you don't seem to be celebrating it on the day when most of the world does it. (May 1th)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Yeah, but what is kinda telling is hidden in the fact that you don't seem to be celebrating it on the day when most of the world does it. (May 1th)

I'm sure you are using "you" as a general term. We have Labor Day but that's not really celebrated the way that it should be. Much like all labor in the US is not celebrated in the way it should be, all year long.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I'm sure you are using "you" as a general term. We have Labor Day but that's not really celebrated the way that it should be. Much like all labor in the US is not celebrated in the way it should be, all year long.

Truth

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

I mean it in legal/official way.

However the irony is that if people are so much into bashing China the US will need to remake it's labor force and all of the rules in that "department". Since in that case China's labor will not be viable and many countries around it have plenty of it's influence or can be influenced at anytime. While places like Mexico are also pretty unstable in their own way. Therefore you will evidently need same genuine labor that is properly "fed". Since only through your own goods and resources you can phase out China with certainty from certain parts of the map.

And the end is only 2018.
So the current disaster in US is not even in this. While China still expects some growth this year (from what I have seen).
As I said a number of times, this is basically "electoral college" style game.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I feel like many holidays in America are just an excuse to party, vacation, or get drunk for most people... *sigh*

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
of course reading a random article referring to a Baptist minister "being happy about the cancellation of a pride parade in his area" but what I despise is the written piece here:
"The post is just one of many on Pastor Williamson's Facebook page that exhibit orthodox Christian values."

I'm sorry to argue but as a Christian, the only 100% orthodox value we have is we believe our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ saved us all from our sins by dying on the Cross. Everything else varies person to person, denomination to denomination, translation to translation. I have met pro-lgbt and anti-lgbt christians. mega fem christians and anti-fem christians.

It is that sort of language that makes it obvious the writer has a bias. lol.