• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Mistakes? Nah I don't see this as mistakes at all. The GOP has courted religious extremism, right wing authoritarianism - especially at the state level and every billionaire with conservative fucking brain worms have funded far right candidates, think tanks and publications for the last 30+ years. The last 10 or so they have been able to fund as much as they want as anonymously as they want. Now they are trying to walk it back? Fuck off and own it. And keep losing elections.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Mistakes? Nah I don't see this as mistakes at all. The GOP has courted religious extremism, right wing authoritarianism - especially at the state level and every billionaire with conservative fucking brain worms have funded far right candidates, think tanks and publications for the last 30+ years. The last 10 or so they have been able to fund as much as they want as anonymously as they want. Now they are trying to walk it back? Fuck off and own it. And keep losing elections.
And now the story of a political party who lost everything, by getting exactly what they asked for and the one speaker who had no choice but to try to hold it all together.
It's Arrested Development: Congressional District.​

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Hillary Clinton raised a great deal more money than Donald Trump in 2016. I guess if you don't use it wisely, it doesn't matter how much money you raised.

I saw this thing so much. Funny, I'd always associated annoying calls to "think of the children" with the political right. Now, I partially associated it with this stupid Hillary ad. And this helped her, how? I had made a specific decision to vote against Trump, who I consider a fascist, so it didn't change my vote, but I could see it flipping some people (the commercial was that annoying). Or perhaps just cause them to decide to not show up.

Last edited:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
GLZ-YtSXAAAs0Rx

https://amendments-rules.house.gov/amendments/GREENE_223_xml240417175751235.pdf

🤡

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When Trump announced he was running in the middle of 2015, I thought he was a fascist. It was based upon the messaging, the way he communicated, and what he was trying to sell. I felt depressed for about a week or two after he won, and this probably persisted into a lower-grade form of depression for a while.

I think many people here felt during his first term that I wasn't anti-Trump enough. This was probably because I couldn't relate to much of the Democratic messaging, like "covefefe". For instance, I think it was a mistake to portray him as unsophisticated when so many people perceive the Democratic party as elitist; it's playing into their hands. Being "unsophisticated" is a feature not a bug in American politics. What that does is tell everybody that he's a "relatable" billionaire; which you should not do if you are the opposition. Billionaires are presumed to have all kinds of virtues, simply because they are billionaires. It's the secularization of calvinism or something like that, a variation on the idea that God has chosen to give them that wealth because of their virtue. And, well, one you can relate to, one you can have a beer with? That's even better.

It was January 6 that confirmed that my initial suspicions regarding fascism were right; he indicated that the rioters had his support.

His second term would be an entirely different beast than the first. He seems determined to purge anybody from the new administration who is not loyal to him. Likely, he wants to avoid having people like Mike Pence in key positions.

The Cat

Staff member
When Trump announced he was running in the middle of 2015, I thought he was a fascist. It was based upon the messaging, the way he communicated, and what he was trying to sell. I felt depressed for about a week or two after he won, and this probably persisted into a lower-grade form of depression for a while.

I think many people here felt during his first term that I wasn't anti-Trump enough. This was probably because I couldn't relate to much of the Democratic messaging, like "covefefe". For instance, I think it was a mistake to portray him as unsophisticated when so many people perceive the Democratic party as elitist; it's playing into their hands. Being "unsophisticated" is a feature not a bug in American politics. What that does is tell everybody that he's a "relatable" billionaire; which you should not do if you are the opposition. Billionaires are presumed to have all kinds of virtues, simply because they are billionaires. It's the secularization of calvinism or something like that, a variation on the idea that God has chosen to give them that wealth because of their virtue. And, well, one you can relate to, one you can have a beer with? That's even better.

It was January 6 that confirmed that my initial suspicions regarding fascism were right; he indicated that the rioters had his support.

His second term would be an entirely different beast than the first. He seems determined to purge anybody from the new administration who is not loyal to him. Likely, he wants to avoid having people like Mike Pence in key positions.
Pop culture is written for rich people. Protagonists and heroes are often written wealthy to arm wave their ability to have entertaining experiences. When your fictional heroes and inserts are wealthy and do spectacular and or heroic things and we live vicariously through the experience. There is naturally a bit of emotional imprinting on the subconscious. Audiences don't love the underdog as much as they used to.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Pop culture is written for rich people. Protagonists and heroes are often written wealthy to arm wave their ability to have entertaining experiences. When your fictional heroes and inserts are wealthy and do spectacular and or heroic things and we live vicariously through the experience. There is naturally a bit of emotional imprinting on the subconscious. Audiences don't love the underdog as much as they used to.
They also always have gigantic houses and apartments.

After thinking about it more, I think I was exhausted by politics during his first term. Probably, if you really pushed me, I would admit that I found the present state of politics upsetting. I had the sense that progress didn't exist, and I didn't believe that anyone responsible was going to come along and clean this up.

The Cat

Staff member

After thinking about it more, I think I was exhausted by politics during his first term. Probably, if you really pushed me, I would admit that I found the present state of politics upsetting. I had the sense that progress didn't exist, and I didn't believe that anyone responsible was going to come along and clean this up.
fuckyou-push.gif

If you insist.
How do you feel now?​

The Cat

Staff member

Not to mention the lighting is always dazzling and warm, the shots are bright and engaging. Everything as can be made up to the finest detail to glamorize the audience. Glamour and Glamorous are alike for a reason.