• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish they would tell me who the only dissenter was.
alito-slider.jpg

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
N-e-s-t-l-e-s Nestle's makes the very best...slavers...:dry: no wait....water barons....no wait....its chocolate. They make chocolate. Pay no attention to the human suffering. cocolate releases dopamine into your brain and is sweet on the tongue. Dont think about it and everythings fine.

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
657d9441fd092c442572f0588dd3fe7e.png

Suppose it was because they weren't worried about Democrats blocking them from doing it later, even if Dems had WH and both houses?

(I need a support group for this shit. I fucking hate these people.)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The bold part: That kinda means that people weren't going to school and they don't have any logical reasoning skills (in my culture you shouldn't have so poor opinion about the people in general). However judging by what can be found around the forum there evidently are people like that in the mix. However those aren't the people you are looking for. The point was that if you have a family member a friend or co-worker that you know that is on edge in this matters that you attract them to your side with logical argument. Like I did with chips and vaccines a few posts back. Also you can try to make sure they come with you on election day if possible (give them a ride if needed ... or whatever). Everything else is really "a bonus" that isn't expected of anybody. However if enough people does this that can easily have huge impact. Especially since from what I understand people that don't vote in general aren't polled. What kinda creates self fulfilling promises that may not reflect how the local population truly feels. I used to be a none voter for a long long time, what evidently doesn't fit into my current "presentation". Therefore I don't think all of this is as static as you make it to be.

Everything you said seems correct as facts, but what is questionable is approach. Since the odds are that your side will lose the midterms, what will really complicate a lot things. Therefore a person shouldn't be too passive in all this. Especially if the other side doesn't shy away from being assertive 24/7. That is all I was really saying.

Youtube has thrown this at me and I came to conclusion that this fairly nicely visualizes my point in practical sense.

So the video goes with the scenario that in 2020 there were 10% more dem voters spread equally across the country. If you want the long story short just skip at the map in the end. Plus it is worth mentioning that this would also spill on all the races down the ballot.

Therefore more personal involvement can really make a difference if it is placed well in space and time. Especially since just this 10% extra is evidently huge in effect, even if this is basically just "every 10th person brought another person to the table". While with 15% the map will quickly become even more blue. Feel free to show this to the people that don't believe in the end of status quo.

Plus just for the record here is what happens in the case when rep. do the same thing, or 10% of the dems stayed at home. In the end there is even comparison of the two maps that are just 20% apart.

The Cat

Staff member

Suppose it was because they weren't worried about Democrats blocking them from doing it later, even if Dems had WH and both houses?

Truth. i honestly dont know whats worse, the fact that they think theyre fooling anybody, or the fact that they seem to be fooling so many. :doh:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

If the Democrats said - we are crushing this bullshit - then actually did so this would never be the issue that it is. But they don't so it continues.

I've said it before (many times) and I will say it again - American conservatism and the insane ideology it is needs to be stood on an never allowed to rise up again.

The Cat

Staff member
If the Democrats said - we are crushing this bullshit - then actually did so this would never be the issue that it is. But they don't so it continues.

I've said it before (many times) and I will say it again - American conservatism and the insane ideology it is needs to be stood on an never allowed to rise up again.

the fact that coroprate dems keep not saying anything about it, kinda says a lot about what they really think about it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Like I was saying...

How Republican States Are Expanding Their Power Over Elections - The New York Times

In Georgia, Republicans are removing Democrats of color from local boards. In Arkansas, they have stripped election control from county authorities. And they are expanding their election power in many other states.

The amount of people that still think there is no such thing as systemic/institutional racism when proof is directly in front of them is what I mean when I say this needs to be stood on and never allowed to rise up again. There is only one party doing this so fuck the bothsideism shit. The GOP will never be punished or held to account when the country dissolves into an authoritarian right wing fascist lite state because the Democrats won't do it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Like I was saying...

How Republican States Are Expanding Their Power Over Elections - The New York Times

The amount of people that still think there is no such thing as systemic/institutional racism when proof is directly in front of them is what I mean when I say this needs to be stood on and never allowed to rise up again. There is only one party doing this so fuck the bothsideism shit. The GOP will never be punished or held to account when the country dissolves into an authoritarian right wing fascist lite state because the Democrats won't do it.

But the fact that the won't do anything about it is also part of the problem, whatever the motivation is for not doing anything about it. We can only speculate about why nothing is done about this, but the fact that they won't do anything about this except ask me for more money is a fact.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
But the fact that the won't do anything about it is also part of the problem, whatever the motivation is for not doing anything about it. We can only speculate about why nothing is done about this, but the fact that they won't do anything about this except ask me for more money is a fact.

That's true - it's like the Dems deliberately are aiding them, which they are and also using the GOP as an excuse to not do anything. The fact is all these husks know each other on either side and their key concern is the preservation of those relationships and their own asses. That doesn't mean normal people should allow this to continue or anything. Their biggest gift is voter apathy - that's the goal.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
That's true - it's like the Dems deliberately are aiding them, which they are and also using the GOP as an excuse to not do anything. The fact is all these husks know each other on either side and their key concern is the preservation of those relationships and their own asses.

The most charitable reading I can give regarding the inaction is that they think the norms and traditions (the traditions in this country are actually more on the side of this kind of being ok, but I guess that's too unpatriotic to point out since "America was already great") of this country are sufficient to protect against any abuse.

The Cat

Staff member
"No reason to get excited," The thief he kindly spoke. "There are many here among us; who feel that life is but a joke. But you and I we've been through that, and this is not our fate, so let us not talk falsely now...the hours getting late..."

The bottom line as it seem to me; is corporate dems and GOP have more in common with each other than they do with us. And they'll do whatever it takes on both side, by hook or crook, or by silent quiet collaboration...for bipartisanship of course...to keep the voters distracted, disenfranchised, and powerless against it. The increasing militarization of the police and propagandized nature of msm media outlets seem to speak sinisterly to this...its like watching a subtly building occupying force putting all the pieces into place while everyone is distracted by identity politics and both sides...just keep smiling and fiddling while the world burns....

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, so I am mostly passive on Facebook. I repost some interesting articles once in a while, read linked articles from the professional media and sometimes congratulate friends on their birthday. I have fewer than 100 Facebook friends.

Sometimes I participate in reader comment sections of mainstream media outlets. I usually don't get much of a reaction, sometimes a few likes and a response or two.

A week ago I commented underneath an article on transgender issues. Nothing wild, just starting that sex and gender are more complicated than some folks seem to think. That's it. A very lowkey attempt at being an ally.

These last few days that post had gotten several hundred reactions and over a hundred comments. I have been called an idiot (not implicitely either, it was a one word post just with the word "Idiot"). I have been talked down to and called "honey". I have encountered dozends of people accusing me of a lack of logical reasoning skills while in the same breath displaying lousy reading and reasoning skills themselves.

Muchof that was to be expected, though I didn't expect this extend. What is weird though is that I suddenly keep getting friendship requests from complete strangers. Over several days at a rate of several requests per hour. Almost exclusively Nigerian men, many with a clear religious background. I have rejected them all but am genuinely curious. Are they all bots? Are they real people trying to save my poor lost Western soul? Several tried to send me direct messages, one asking me in perfect German to help him with his German because he was too poor for school (I sensed a scam and ignored him). Are they contacting me to be able to send more personal insults outside the view of mods? Or are they distressed souls looking for a sympathetic ear?

I am honestly clueless as this is a first for me.

Reminds me of the time years ago when Salomé personally attacked me here on TypC. I had never been attacked online before in my life and actually needed half an hour offscreen to collect me composure. It felt like a sort of strange devirgenation.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"No reason to get excited," The thief he kindly spoke. "There are many here among us; who feel that life is but a joke. But you and I we've been through that, and this is not our fate, so let us not talk falsely now...the hours getting late..."

The bottom line as it seem to me; is corporate dems and GOP have more in common with each other than they do with us. And they'll do whatever it takes on both side, by hook or crook, or by silent quiet collaboration...for bipartisanship of course...to keep the voters distracted, disenfranchised, and powerless against it. The increasing militarization of the police and propagandized nature of msm media outlets seem to speak sinisterly to this...its like watching a subtly building occupying force putting all the pieces into place while everyone is distracted by identity politics and both sides...just keep smiling and fiddling while the world burns....

Yup.

Reminds me of the time years ago when Salomé personally attacked me here on TypC. I had never been attacked online before in my life and actually needed half an hour offscreen to collect me composure. It felt like a sort of strange devirgenation.

Why did she attack you? (She liked to do that to a lot of people; some of the people she did it to were assholes so I think she got sort of a pass for that from a lot of people. Of course when the non-assholes are attacked, that can drive away the non-assholes from the forum, so that's the whole problem with it.)