• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Jaguar

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has announced fines of at least $5,000 for lawmakers who refuse to follow new screening protocols, including walking through metal detectors that were installed at the entrance of the House chamber after last Wednesday’s violent riots.

Fuck the fine. If they don't want to walk through, tell them to leave.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Hill: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she will introduce impeachment articles against Biden

I've recently begun to wonder if "the vapours" is a legitimate condition. Because I'm not sure there's any other possible explanation for both this woman and Lindsey Graham. (For real though, this woman is making it clear that maybe ALL incoming officials ought to pass a psychological exam, not just POTUS).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Hill: Marjorie Taylor Greene says she will introduce impeachment articles against Biden

I've recently begun to wonder if "the vapours" is a legitimate condition. Because I'm not sure there's any other possible explanation for both this woman and Lindsey Graham. (For real though, this woman is making it clear that maybe ALL incoming officials ought to pass a psychological exam, not just POTUS).

Srsly. Like wth? How is our government supposed to function when a certain number of irrationals can get into office? Who would have ever considered trying to impeach a president, without evidence, on the very first day of his term without him even having done anything in the office yet? This should be laughed off and she should be censured, but this insanity will just be allowed to circulate.

The FF screwed up royally in assuming that the checks and balances they put into place would be sufficient, due to assuming that only one part of the system would break at a time. They did not seem to consider what would happen if multiple pieces failed simultaneously. Now we're in a situation similar to Three Mile Island.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Srsly. Like wth? How is our government supposed to function when a certain number of irrationals can get into office? Who would have ever considered trying to impeach a president, without evidence, on the very first day of his term without him even having done anything in the office yet? This should be laughed off and she should be censured, but this insanity will just be allowed to circulate.

The FF screwed up royally in assuming that the checks and balances they put into place would be sufficient, due to assuming that only one part of the system would break at a time. They did not seem to consider what would happen if multiple pieces failed simultaneously. Now we're in a situation similar to Three Mile Island.

Well, if multiple pieces fail at the same time then you just have broken system. This simply isn't something that you can really counter in planned fashion with reactive regulations. Since the only real cure for this is making deliberate effort in trying to prevent this situation in the first place. However the FFs made plenty of checks and balances in order that you can keep moving forward, however they didn't plan landslide on the road. Which requires certain left right turning in order to avoid it.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I really hope we make full use of having WH & Congress to put safeguards in place while we can. I don't even have any idea how, but I hope others do. Because we're boned if the next one is as competent as McConnell. (Thank God he's not made it to POTUS, yet - and that hopefully he's too old at this point).

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) has announced fines of at least $5,000 for lawmakers who refuse to follow new screening protocols, including walking through metal detectors that were installed at the entrance of the House chamber after last Wednesday’s violent riots.

Fuck the fine. If they don't want to walk through, tell them to leave.

I despise the new congresswoman asshat from my state whom I know this refers to. Don't know of who else it might apply to.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I despise the new congresswoman asshat from my state whom I know this refers to. Don't know of who else it might apply to.

There were a number of them besides her. Steve Scalise was also whining about how it 'impedes them from doing their job.'

Jaguar

Boebert should be considered a domestic terrorist.

giphy.gif

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this Boebert more nuts than Marjorie Taylor Whatsit? Because Marjorie Taylor Whatsit is absolutely batshit.

(Regardless, here's hoping we can install some kind of mental health mandate - and requisite ability to discern shared reality - at some point in the next couple of years).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
One thing people never say about "puncturing" your left wing bubble (and actually reading rightwing ideologues), is that it can leave you with more, not less, disdain for their ideas; more, not less, belief in your own. I've become more sympathetic to (some) people who hold (certain) conservative ideas and less sympathetic to the ideas themselves.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One thing people never say about "puncturing" your left wing bubble (and actually reading rightwing ideologues), is that it can leave you with more, not less, disdain for their ideas; more, not less, belief in your own. I've become more sympathetic to (some) people who hold (certain) conservative ideas and less sympathetic to the ideas themselves.

yeah. Like observing a family member on drugs.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I can actually agree on this front.

I try to read within and outside of my realm to challenge my thought as I don't want to surround myself with a confirmation bias but the more conservative things I read, I think the more Liberal I become. XD I do see or fathom certain things which create what some conservative ideas have but, not to this degree of ever being a conservative or really wanting those policies.

Every election I have voted liberal. But I do try to see the other side. As painful as that is sometimes because they can be real idiots. A lot of times I merely wish things were not so polarized. Associating with this 1 thing or that 1 thing automatically rushes you to either party line and I really dislike that mentality that some people have. I suppose I dislike things being "assumed" about my ideology so I find it more compelling and safer to tell most people I am a "centrist". Especially when you live in Idaho and you aren't as gunslinging redneck as a lot of these people. I feel like I live a weird life because everyone talks about being a silent trump supporter, and I'm over here thinking "every election here I've had to pretend, for my own wellbeing and avoidance of conflict, that I voted for Trump instead of Clinton or Biden...". What about silent democrats in uber republican states? we exist too....lol...

I'll get off my ramble now. Just spurred thought.