• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Movie Thoughts Thread

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You and the main character will have a lot in common then. This is a movie that is fun to watch like that.
Watch the trailer and red planet all comes flooding back:
I remember the robot and I did not remember the CG looking that bad. I forgot Val Kilmer and Terence Stamp were in it. I also think that's a terrible trailer because it's kind of all over the place with regards to what the movie is. The trailer makes it look like the movie is about the robot, which is confusing because the movie is called Red Planet. They should focus more on the planet due to that, even though I think I remember the robot playing a big role in the story. I think I remember it turned out that the robot wasn't actually bad at the end.
You and the main character will have a lot in common then. This is a movie that is fun to watch like that.
Watch the trailer and red planet all comes flooding back:
Do you remember Ghosts of Mars?
I didn't say that one. Nor Mission to Mars, nor John Carter.

I guess I'd better get my ass to Mars.

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I remember the robot and I did not remember the CG looking that bad. I forgot Val Kilmer and Terence Stamp were in it. I also think that's a terrible trailer because it's kind of all over the place with regards to what the movie is. The trailer makes it look like the movie is about the robot, which is confusing because the movie is called Red Planet. They should focus more on the planet due to that, even though I think I remember the robot playing a big role in the story. I think I remember it turned out that the robot wasn't actually bad at the end.

I didn't say that one. Nor Mission to Mars, nor John Carter.

I guess I'd better get my ass to Mars.
Open your miiiiind.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
@Doctor Cringelord

Asking in general but I know you're the likely expert. Was she or wasn't she? I thought she was. As others in the Facebook comments suggested, that was the big joke.

1000005234.jpg

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
@Doctor Cringelord

Asking in general but I know you're the likely expert. Was she or wasn't she? I thought she was. As others in the Facebook comments suggested, that was the big joke.

View attachment 30585
I also (mis)remembered her wearing them. But then again image quality wasn't so great and the brain fills the gaps. The Actress who played her insists she never wore any.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I also (mis)remembered her wearing them. But then again image quality wasn't so great and the brain fills the gaps. The Actress who played her insists she never wore any.
True about the image quality, this was back during VHS and then DVD lol. I do have a bluray of the film but wasn't at home to check.

Edit: nope. At least not on the bluray. It's around the 1:10 hour mark of the film. Here's the photo I took. So funny!

1000005239.jpg

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just watched the Curb Your Enthusiasm finale, and Jerry is in it. This last season did all kinds of stuff that he claims you can't do anymore. It had Larry proudly proclaiming that he never ever learns a lesson,

I wonder if he's jealous that his partner is now often seen as the true comedic genius behind the show that bears his name. His standup, if it was anything like the featured bits in the show, was never particularly edgy. Nor is this Poptart movie, from what I hear. I think a lot of the edgy stuff in Seinfeld probably did come from Larry David and Larry Charles.

Perhaps the reason Jerry thinks that he's not allowed to do edgy comedy anymore is simply that he lacks the courage to do it.

There's nothing stopping Jerry from doing something more like Curb. He has the fame and resources to probably make anything he wants, and it's telling that what he chooses to do is make this stupid Poptart movie.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Three of us are still around. I'm sure we could find a good substitute for the fourth.

The Cat

Staff member
I just watched the Curb Your Enthusiasm finale, and Jerry is in it. This last season did all kinds of stuff that he claims you can't do anymore. It had Larry proudly proclaiming that he never ever learns a lesson,

I wonder if he's jealous that his partner is now often seen as the true comedic genius behind the show that bears his name. His standup, if it was anything like the featured bits in the show, was never particularly edgy. Nor is this Poptart movie, from what I hear. I think a lot of the edgy stuff in Seinfeld probably did come from Larry David and Larry Charles.

Perhaps the reason Jerry thinks that he's not allowed to do edgy comedy anymore is simply that he lacks the courage to do it.

There's nothing stopping Jerry from doing something more like Curb. He has the fame and resources to probably make anything he wants, and it's telling that what he chooses to do is make this stupid Poptart movie.
Jerry Seinfeld has never been what I would call an edgy comic. He's a neat freak with his clothes and living space, he's a neat freak with his comedy. Jerry is upset about something else I think.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is literally a billionaire and has all the contacts he'll ever need, he's kind of a "write your own ticket" guy.

Saw this comment today in a news article:

Seinfeld has uncharacteristically courted controversy in recent weeks since the Netflix debut of his film Unfrosted. He claimed to The New Yorker last month that “the extreme left and P.C. crap” killed comedy on television, despite various comedies airing on T.V. since his last cited example—All in the Family—last aired in 1979. While right-wing commentators like Elon Musk and Sean Hannity praised his comments, comedians and T.V. critics largely considered them out of touch.

(although I gotta say, any article that uses punctuation to abbreviate TV is a bit suspect as well. This article also uses periods for P.C. Did AI edit this article??)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My major takeaway: this debate about free speech vs. political correctness is kind of bullshit.

The Cat

Staff member
Ah the benefits of time, perspective, and hindsight.​