• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please type me?

Jerry

Hello, I'm posting here because I would like some opinion on what type people think I may be.

Since I don't know what to say, I'll answer a questionnaire I found and see what results I get.

1-what makes you angry?
Most things really, I think what really stands out as annoying to me however is people who are self-centered.

2-what do you like/dislike most about people?
I like people who have a heart and are intelligent and I dislike people who don't have a heart and are stupid.

3-do you like animals? why?
I like animals more than people most of the time, I'd rather be with my dog than I would be with most people.

4-what do you like most about the favorite people in your life?
My family because they have my back and are very supportive.

5-what do you like/dislike most about yourself?
I like that I'm modest, I hate how shy I am around people.

6-do you care about being fashionable? why/why not?
I do, I care about looking presentable.

7-do you prefer to fit in or stand out?
Fit in but only so I don't stand out, I hate standing out because I hate being the center of attention.

8-what activities do you enjoy?
I enjoy playing music, video games, photography, hiking, and sometimes working out.

9-what makes you feel secure?
I don't quite understand this question. I suppose having the support of my family makes me feel secure.

10-do you like being in a relationship? why/why not?
Yes and no. I like being in a relationship because I enjoy the companionship with someone but I hate it at the same time because I'm afraid of losing it, so it adds immense amounts of stress onto me.

11-what do you love and why? Could be people, things, places, etc...
I love my family, music and nature. I love my family because I said before they're very supportive. I love music because it distracts me from the hardships of life. And I enjoy nature because its beautiful.

12-what do you spend the most time thinking about?
What I'm going to be doing in the future, I've been future oriented for as long as I can remember. I want to be successful and good at something since I was a child.

13-How much have you changed over the years? Who were you as a child?
I've changed dramatically. As a kid I was more courageous and didn't care as much about what people thought of me, I was much more laid back, now I'm self conscious and constantly overthinking everything.

Last edited:

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I really don't think we have enough information. Most people of any type would agree with what you wrote. Either find another questionnaire or elaborate on this one. try to think of why and how you do things instead of just focusing on what you do.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I definitely recommend another long questionnaire and writing longer sentences so that we can get a better feel of you.
Although, don't ask me how, but I do sense that you are a xSxx by what you've written here. But I'm not 100% sure, of course. Just a weird feeling I have.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is uber vague. How do you act when stressed and what stresses you out?

Jerry

Thank you for all the responses, apologies for the vague questionnaire, I don't know what I was thinking, here's one I put more energy and thought into, thanks again for all the help I greatly appreciate it.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
I just don't know myself well enough to type myself, I understand the cognitive functions but I am always second guessing myself and I don't believe I'm as self-aware of myself as I should be to accurately type myself. The free tempting online tests don't make it any better to figure out what type I am.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
Ever since I was a child I yearned to find something that I am good at that I can pour passion and drive into. I think this is because I have a hidden kept away drive to be successful, to earn the appraisal of others and earning recognition. Its honestly confusing to me because I want success so bad but I hate being the center of attention.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
The last time I felt my finest was embarassingly enough after I had asked a girl that I liked out for coffee, she said yes and I could barely sleep I was so excited, I believe it was because I was hopeful that something would come from it and I was optimistic.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
Many different things, the current ones that I can think of are shyness, social anxiety, regular anxiety, and my inability to have control over my emotions. I'm very shy, especially around new people but even people I know very well I sometimes have a hard time opening up what I'm thinking and feeling. I also have anxiety, I believe my anxiety stems from more than likely some sort of mental disorder but it still leaves me envying those that don't struggle with it. And when I say my inability to control my emotions what I mean is that sometimes my emotions can become too much for me to handle and overwhelm my decision making.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
When I was in High School I was interested in Military service but my family greatly disapproved, that had a great impact on my decision because I didn't want to upset them, the thought of hurting them because of a decision I made was too much for me. I really need time to think over my decisions, I can be extremely indecisive because of this.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
Often I want a good outcome from my projects because the vast majority of my projects I am very passionate about and put a lot of energy and focus into them. And if I get a good outcome then somehow I'll end up getting rewarded for my hardwork.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Remember that girl I was talking about, well that coffee date was a lot of fun. What should have been less than an hour turned into hours talking about a lot of different things. Even though it was simple it was fun and I had a good time. I believe it was because it was laid back and I didn't have to pretend to be someone I wasn't.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Doing it myself because I'm the type of person that has a hard time not taking instructions personally, I enjoy going at a comfortable pace. I learned how to play guitar solely from watching Youtube and playing a nifty game called Rocksmith. But really its all about repetition, I need to do something over and over again to fully grasp it.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
Unfortunately not very, its not that I don't enjoy being organized or that I find it useless because I enjoy being organized when I am and I think its very useful but its one of those things that I have a hard time keeping up with because at the end of the day I just don't have the attention to detail or commitment.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If someone came to me with a new idea I would judge it in the way that I would first try to comprehend it because I like ideas that make sense and that have potential. If it makes sense then I would put more thought and energy into it and if it doesn't or if I can't understand it then I will leave it be because I don't want to waste my time.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
I enjoy harmony over disharmony and I care about harmony because I have a hard time being around conflict. But that being said I want to be true to myself because otherwise I'd be an imposter and while I can be a chameleon if I have to be its draining and makes me feel fake which is something that I'm not good at doing for a sustained amount of time.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I'm always thinking, both before and during speaking. I prefer one-on-one communication because groups are overwhelming to me. I'm just not good at being around so many people at a given time without feeling like someone is stealing away my energy, I can be quite Introverted sometimes.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I'm very cautious, I tend to want know everything I can about whatever I'm going to do before making the leap. Sometimes I don't even make the leap because of the information I've gathered and because I'm truthfully a little bit of a wimp when it comes to dealing with negative emotions.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
If I had plans to stay at home and watch Tv I'm going to stay home and watch Tv, it really depends though on what they're doing and my mood, my mood will greatly determine the outcome as well as how my day went and how much energy I have.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I experience negative emotions, I overthink everything, and I tend to make very rash decisions. I believe the negative emotions is because I feel a lack of control and the overthinking is trying to figure out what the best course of action to gain back control is, and the rash decision is the decision that at the time I'm hoping will work even though I'm smart enough to realize that it won't make a difference.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I really can't stand people who are selfish, I think its because I'm so selfless and modest that I have a hard time comprehending anything other than that. That sounds just terrible the way I worded that but I believe that everyone should be able to think of others at least a tiny bit and understand that this big world doesn't revolve around a single person.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
It honestly depends on a factor of things, the two important ones being my passion in it at the time which changes quite often and my mood, obviously if I'm in a good mood I'm more open minded and flexible but if I'm in a sour mood I might be more abrasive. Currently what I really enjoy talking about is music, I have been obsessed with music lately because its something I can put passion into and its also my social outlet jamming with other musicians and discussing musical things.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Keeping my life organized, I try and try and try but it never quite works out, as I mentioned before I need to pay more attention and put more drive into it.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
One time me and a group of friends were talking about personality traits and what mine said about me was that I am very modest, quiet, and selfless. I believe that this isn't far off, I'm very modest but mostly this stems from not wanting to be the center of attention. I'm not selfish because I care too much about others which is something that most people wouldn't guess about me because I keep that to myself so I don't get taken advantage of. I'm not entirely sure what my friends would never say about my personality, I'd ask them but I don't want to be weird.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
I'm going to probably wake up, make some coffee, and then do whatever I want to do for the rest of the day because I don't feel the need to organize my day. If I am in a mood for physical activity I will go outside and hike or maybe lift some weights, but if I want to stay inside I have the options of listening and playing music and playing video games.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Alright, you're definitely an introvert, and I do see some Fi and some Ne, and you can be critical of others (that could point to Te for me).
INFP, maybe?

I'm just wondering, and don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IxFP (My bet is on ISFP)

Jerry

Alright, you're definitely an introvert, and I do see some Fi and some Ne, and you can be critical of others (that could point to Te for me).
INFP, maybe?

I'm just wondering, and don't take this the wrong way, but how old are you?

Thank you for responding. I'm only 21.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thank you for responding. I'm only 21.

Ah, okay. I think you're an INFP so far. Definitely look up on cognitive functions and what they do.
Best of luck.