• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ne vs Ni quiz

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
I used to see a lot of function quizzes on here, so I will present my own, based on my personal favorite: intuition
1. Which best describes your view of the future
A:I have several visions that I want to come true, and I'm working towards starting just one
B: I have a single vision and will stop at nothing to see it happen in reality
2. What best describes your standing towards possibilities
A: I want to see and consider all possibilities
B: I want my mind to come up with the most likely possibility and trust that above all
3. What best describes your style of creativity?
A: my creativity is random and unconstrained, it just comes out
B: i create what I feel compelled to create at the moment
4.Your view of ideas?
A: ideas are great, they're limitless and no idea is wrong.
B: ideas are essential to the development of something greater, but ideas can be wrong if they don't fit in well with my sense of abstraction
5. What best describes a perfect day for you?
A:Fighting aliens, climbing to the top of of a mountain, traveling through time, all while being with a bunch of ladies all with different personalities and innovating as a group.
B: basically just spending a day working on one particular idea and having an aha moment that improves my understanding of it
6. What would you invent if you had the chance?
A: I'd try to invent something that opens a new realm of possibilities to explore while solving a variety of issues
B: just something simple that solves the biggest problem in the world imo (world hunger, global warming, etc)
7. What do you value in a person?
A: I like people that don't conform to everday life and suggest multiple different intriguing possibilities and opportunities
B: I like people who have a sense of motivation and vision while not opposing my theories
8. What kind of games do you like?
A: I like innovative and open ended games that allow me to explore and experiment.
B: I like any game that is of intellectual interest to me and allows abstract thinking.
9. What do you view as a basic problem in society?
A: society is boring, mundane, and doesn't provide a lot of opportunities for adventure
B: society is too simple minded and doesn't understand the complexity of life.
10: If you had the choice to take anything out of existence, why would you do it?
A: it isn't new anymore and it's just taking up space in a world full of excitement
B: It doesn't seem to fit in with the bigger picture. There's an extra, uneeded piece of the larger puzzle.

A answers are Ne, B answers are Ni. Note that this isn't meant to find Ni ir Ne in inferior intuitives and will probably mistype if intuition is inferior and not a big part of one's personality (I'm inferior Sensing and Se appeals to me more than Si)

á´…eparted

passages
You need to make this test less bias. I stopped taking it 1/2 way through. It's putting Ne on a pedstal, and making Ni appear "stupid".

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Totally agree with [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]. This is like soooo skewed.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
5. What best describes a perfect day for you?
A:Fighting aliens, climbing to the top of of a mountain, traveling through time, all while being with a bunch of ladies all with different personalities and innovating as a group.
B: basically just spending a day working on one particular idea and having an aha moment that improves my understanding of it

this is the best question i've ever read in my life

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i thought the ni options sounded better but yeah i'm not really like some of them for either option or i'm both

B:
A:
A:
B:
A:
B:
A:
B:
B:

b=5
a=4

Starry

You need to make this test less bias. I stopped taking it 1/2 way through. It's putting Ne on a pedstal, and making Ni appear "stupid".

haha Hard. I was actually putting the extroverted judgment built into the Ni selections on a pedestal. They seemed so far from stupid to me. Where is this bias coming from?

á´…eparted

passages
haha Hard. I was actually putting the extroverted judgment built into the Ni selections on a pedestal. They seemed so far from stupid to me. Where is this bias coming from?

It's very pidgeon-holing and not taking into context the "loseness" of Ni. A one track mind is never a good thing. It also makes out Ne to sound like this fantastical bad-ass thing that compared with the blandness and narrow presentation of Ni, sounds superior by default.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Keeps the Ni users rare good job, cause inaccuracy matters. Unsuspecting people who have little to no knowledge of mbti want to be the coolest type which is obviously ENXP by your standards.

Like diseases, we rare Ni doms are buttfrickinugly.

Starry

It's very pidgeon-holing and not taking into context the "loseness" of Ni. A one track mind is never a good thing. It also makes out Ne to sound like this fantastical bad-ass thing that compared with the blandness and narrow presentation of Ni, sounds superior by default.

What would account for prpl and I seeing the Ni responses as more badass?

Wrongness?

As I said before...Ni is tied to Je in these responses which is what you are taking issue with (fluidity, outcome driven.) But to say these are presented in a way that is fundamentally biased in Ne's favor seems unfair to someone seeing Ne as the stupid function in these examples.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely relate more to the Ni responses, though there are a few I could go kind of either way; but then, I've always known I'm a far cry from Ne.

Re bias in the presentation, from my pov that's hard to say; seems more that in the Ne responses, OP is simply more free-flowing in his speech, vs in Ni responses he is more careful in how he words it. That's all I've got. I agree a few of the Ni responses seem sort of 'boring', but tbh, I think I AM boring in many ways compared to Ne-doms/aux's, so there's that. Though tbh I think that's more MY own subjective thought re Ne. I think maybe we all tend to view 'different from us' as more interesting? dunno

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
am i the only person who thinks the Ni responses sound cooler than the Ne?

Proctor

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think the test is skewed towards Ne, but so many of the Ni answers are very confining. It feels like they have more in common with the Te mindset than purely Ni thinking.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Fear me. Don't quote me. 😎

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Holy shit this thread got a lot of responses. Half of which said that the quiz is scewed. How can I improve it? I was just putting in what I thought to be Ne and putting the opposite in as Ni. How can I make it less biased and make Ne sound less godly?

Jaguar

1. Which best describes your view of the future
A:I have several visions that I want to come true, and I'm working towards starting just one
B: I have a single vision and will stop at nothing to see it happen in reality

C: I can have a single or several visions. I can do whatever I want.

Flybylikeahurricane

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
NA
Lol maybe it's because I don't fully understand Ni besides what I've read about it in other places. Probably due to not having it. Is anyone Ni-Dom willing to clear up Ni in relation to Ne so I can make it sound less boring and simple-minded?