• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"My War" - Afghanistan war documentary

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
"My War" is a new Danish (subtitled) 4-part documentary about the war in Afghanistan from the perspective of Danish ISAF foot soldiers deployed in the most dangerous of all provinces, Helmand. The documentary presents a realistic, unfiltered depiction of what modern warfare truly is. It consists solely of hitherto unreleased helmet cam footage that the soldiers themselves recorded, supplemented with touching interviews of the same soldiers conducted post-deployment. There is no on-screen gore or loss of life, but much of the footage is shocking, violent and full of raw emotion, so do not watch if you suffer from PTSD.

It is an extremely good series, and I suggest you give it a shot despite the subtitles.

Check out the non-subtitled episode 3 trailer for a taste:

I have kindly embedded all four (unofficially) subtitled episodes below. Enjoy.

Episode 1 - Surrounded by Taliban

What should have been an ordinary patrol mission for a group of young Danes turns into a nightmare. The group is ambushed and surrounded by Taliban. When they start to run out of ammunition and run out of hope for fire support, the soldier Lasse sees no other option but to risk certain death in an effort to save the lives of his comrades.

Episode 2 - The Floor is Made of Lava
A patrol takes a disastrous turn when the Danish soldier Pede steps on a pressure-activated IED. His brothers-in-arms fight to save his life. The Floor is Made of Lava when ISAF soldiers move between IEDs in Helmand, with every step potentially being the last.

Episode 3 - Amongst Friends or Enemies
An English soldier steps on an IED and dies a few meters away from a Danish soldier, who catches it all on camera. When word comes around that the leg of the deceased is being displayed as a trophy in the local bazaar, a group of Danish soldiers ventures out to retrieve it -- walking straight into a fatal Taliban ambush.

Episode 4 - The Panther's Claws
Danes are in the vanguard of the largest allied military operation since D-Day, with the objective to seize a Taliban stronghold. But the enemy is prepared, and the soldiers are confronted with an unexpected degree of resistance, causing the operation to drag out. The Danes are stranded deep within enemy territory, and at the peak of their exhaustion the Taliban forces move in for the kill.