• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mistyped TypeCentral Members

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Im now ENTP. Or ENTJ. Or ESTP. Which is most badass?

ENTP. ;) I'm the president of the NTP fan club, so you should totally be an ENTP so I can celebrate you. :D

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey so if anyone thinks I'm Ni/Se, please respond to this message with reasoning why as I'm having a coaching session with the person who typed me the other day and I'll be able to bring them up then.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hey so if anyone thinks I'm Ni/Se, please respond to this message with reasoning why as I'm having a coaching session with the person who typed me the other day and I'll be able to bring them up then.

I'm not really settled on a type for you, but why I agreed with Ni aux for you is that I thought Ni/Se in the middle was a good fit. You have the Ni's want for a clear-cut path, coupled with the Se's desire for direct control over their environment but also being aware of the consequences. Then again, I can see Ti/Fe in the middle so it gets confusing.

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does ESTJ make sense? I can see arguments for ENTJ and ISTJ as well. Ironically, I used to think that I was an INFJ.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Hopping on the bandwagon of drive-thru typings,

is INFJ really that far-fetched for me?

Opal Star

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree. I was silly for thinking that I am an INFJ. LOL at the notion of me being Te PoLR.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hopping on the bandwagon of drive-thru typings,

is INFJ really that far-fetched for me?

Not as far fetched as say Fe dom or ENFP for instance but I don't think its super duper likely. I would say maybe 35% odds. I could see a Ni/Ti subtype INFJ you do have this certain fascination with people and strong insight and intuitive knowledge of how folks tick but that's more stereotypes than reality I have met INFJs who are pretty obtuse to people. You just dont seem very Fe to me not saying you have no feels (Fi is obvious) but you feel more hmmmmm detached but a steady caring aura at the same time I often see in IxTJs than the more bubbly emotionally I typically see from INFJs. But then INFJ with heavy competency or/and withdrawn influence can sort of seem INTJish. Actually bump that up to 45% odds.

In a nutshell I wouldn't be like WTF WHY DO YOU TYPE AS THAT but more a hmmmmm *Hmmmmmm its not the most likely but its very possible*.

(I have a question of my own whats the odds of ENFP vs ENPT for me) :p.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not as far fetched as say Fe dom or ENFP for instance but I don't think its super duper likely. I would say maybe 35% odds. I could see a Ni/Ti subtype INFJ you do have this certain fascination with people and strong insight and intuitive knowledge of how folks tick but that's more stereotypes than reality I have met INFJs who are pretty obtuse to people. You just dont seem very Fe to me not saying you have no feels (Fi is obvious) but you feel more hmmmmm detached but a steady caring aura at the same time I often see in IxTJs than the more bubbly emotionally I typically see from INFJs. But then INFJ with heavy competency or/and withdrawn influence can sort of seem INTJish. Actually bump that up to 45% odds.

In a nutshell I wouldn't be like WTF WHY DO YOU TYPE AS THAT but more a hmmmmm *Hmmmmmm its not the most likely but its very possible*.

But what would 'don't seem very Fe' even mean? What is Fe? What would be Fe, and what am I doing instead of Fe?

What is Fi, and how is it obvious?

(I knew I should've just created a new type me thread, since I'd likely ask 900 questions. If you can't or wouldn't prefer answering, feel free to ignore)

(I've been asked before about why my type me threads were relatively sparse. I have this iddy suspicion that it's my *asks 900 questions* that drives people away)

(I have a question of my own whats the odds of ENFP vs ENPT for me) :p.

Sure. I do still think that ENTP for you is more likely, though I couldn't quite explain why. Usually when I type people I observe them over time, but it doesn't mean that I have my observation ready to be put out in words. If you want, I'll keep this in mind and get back to you about it another time.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
But what would 'don't seem very Fe' even mean? What is Fe? What would be Fe, and what am I doing instead of Fe?

What is Fi, and how is it obvious?

(I knew I should've just created a new type me thread, since I'd likely ask 900 questions. If you can't or wouldn't prefer answering, feel free to ignore)

(I've been asked before about why my type me threads were relatively sparse. I have this iddy suspicion that it's my *asks 900 questions* that drives people away)

Sure. I do still think that ENTP for you is more likely, though I couldn't quite explain why. Usually when I type people I observe them over time, but it doesn't mean that I have my observation ready to be put out in words. If you want, I'll keep this in mind and get back to you about it another time.

You don't seem to pay much attention to the outer emotional atmosphere and you don't seek to influence the emotional temp of a room unlike Fe users do. As for your Fi I see that kind of gentle understanding and you have that inner awareness that kind of unexpectly soft and caring energy that I often get from tert Fi folks. Oooooooooh another angle could be to see if you are demo Fi or demo Ti. You don't seem demo Fi to me personally I would say demo Ti works like its probably why you ask so many questions as you admitted your Fi doesn't seem showy to me but more natural like it would be if you valued it :p. Instead of Fe you tend to organize and approach your world with a very Te approach (You seem to catagorie things more logicaly than humanistic if that makes sense). Feel free to let me know more about how ENTP could fit me :D. BTW what makes you consider INFJ maybe some new info could be gained from that that could help.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You don't seem to pay much attention to the outer emotional atmosphere and you don't seek to influence the emotional temp of a room unlike Fe users do. As for your Fi I see that kind of gentle understanding and you have that inner awareness that kind of unexpectly soft and caring energy that I often get from tert Fi folks. Oooooooooh another angle could be to see if you are demo Fi or demo Ti. You don't seem demo Fi to me personally I would say demo Ti works like its probably why you ask so many questions as you admitted your Fi doesn't seem showy to me but more natural like it would be if you valued it :p. Instead of Fe you tend to organize and approach your world with a very Te approach (You seem to catagorie things more logicaly than humanistic if that makes sense). Feel free to let me know more about how ENTP could fit me :D. BTW what makes you consider INFJ maybe some new info could be gained from that that could help.

It's not too serious. The reason I strongly considered and typed as INFJ in the past was due to misunderstandings and stereotypes. There were several reasons, but one of the more striking ones was that as a youth I thought I lacked some of that 'INTX arrogance' (I did not) and that I came across as more gentle and helpful than not (only partially and extremely situationally), which pushed me to F > T. Now I know that it's more complex than that. (Also, I have since found that I'm much more emotionally dense than I had first thought. I thought I could read emotional atmosphere. Nope)

Do explain what you mean by 'demo'. Is it something from socionics, and what does it entail?
You mention categorizing things more logically instead of via a humanistic approach- I assume that by that you mean I look at data more than I look at the people within a system. I'm surprised you say that, since I don't particularly recall any instances in which I demonstrated that (not that it's true or untrue, where it is from).

The details are probably good fodder for my blog, so I'll post more of my reasons there and you can take a look if you'd like. If you have a type-me blog, I will post my thoughts about your type there, though I will take some time to.