• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ni] MBTI must be destroyed.

Mole

Permabanned
So... you're retracting the charge that the MBTI hasn't been tested by psychometric standards, amirite?

Can we get an apology, mate?

I think that would help lift me out of my slough of despond.

Mate, mate, mate, I am open to reading the results in any reputable peer review journal about the double blind random experiments done with mbti.

But no one, just no one, does random double blind experiments with a cult, anymore than they do random double blind experiments with phlogiston.

There is no escape from Slough, we can only join Ricky Gervais reading "Slough", by John Betjeman, and laugh at it all, click on The Office UK (Deleted Scene) 'Slough' By John Betjeman Season 1 Episode 5 - YouTube

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Mate, mate, mate, I am open to reading the results in any reputable peer review journal about the double blind random experiments done with mbti.

But no one, just no one, does random double blind experiments with a cult, anymore than they do random double blind experiments with phlogiston.

Double blind, schmubble blind. We've been over that issue, too, mate.

After an explanation of psychometric validity that left you devastated, whether you admitted it or not, I asked:

Can you describe what kind of "random, double blind experiment" you think a personality typology should be able to pass? Or in this case is "random, double blind experiment" just a word salad à la Mole?

And you replied:

A random, double blind experiment is necessary to avoid confirmation bias.

That's what you said, Mole. There's no use denying it.

So I said:

Yeah, baby. Just keep serving up those word salads and ducking my questions.

To repeat:

1. You've scoffed at the fact that the MBTI hasn't been validated by a "random, double blind experiment." Are you under the impression that the Big Five or any other personality typologies have been validated by way of "random, double blind experiments"?

2. Can you describe what kind of "random, double blind experiment" you think a personality typology should be able to pass?

A new question:

3. Can you explain how "confirmation bias" could have come into play when the official MBTI was administered to those 705 Cal Tech science majors in the study I described in my last post?

And you didn't answer any of those questions. Maybe you'll answer them this time.

Mole

Permabanned
Double blind, schmubble blind. We've been over that issue, too, mate.

After an explanation of psychometric validity that left you devastated, whether you admitted to it or not, I asked:
And you replied:
That's what you said, Mole. There's no use denying it.
So I said:
And you didn't answer any of those questions. Maybe you'll answer them this time.

Perhaps you should ask why you want to devastate a perfect stranger on the other side of the world, in a different culture, in a different season, in a different generation, from a different class, even with different tastes. It would seem to suggest a florid neurosis. You can't help yourself, you are in the grip of an aggressive fantasy for no good purpose whatsoever.