• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Light

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
LOL. Except you do have the crushing existential sensation that nothing really matters.

And you have a false sense of comfort. Your actions don't matter, at all, because hey Jesus died

Even if the unbelievers' reality is transient, at least they take personal responsibility during it. So, yeah. Their actions do matter.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL. Except you do have the crushing existential sensation that nothing really matters.

Life matters...everything we do has direct consequences that is never ending. Even after we end life goes on and what we do has an ongoing affect. So everything we do matters because it's the journey you affect. A person has a finite time on earth so once that person passes they had a whole lifes journey and that experience matters because it affected that person and because the life is over you cannot go back and change that journey.

It's funny how there is so much cause and effect and some people have existential crisis to find what matters. We matter, the end.

Mole

Permabanned
Jesus is an interesting person. Knowing no different, he believed physical and mental illness was caused by demons. And like many of those around him, he drove out demons, and so he was an exorcist. But we do understand in the first century exorcists or healers did charge for their service, but we understand Jesus did not charge for his services as an exorcist.

To be an exorcist was a normal and natural thing to do in the first century, as germs had not yet been discovered and nor had neurology and the origins of mental illness.

But Jesus does get a little stranger as he was Judaic in the first century and Judaism was based on marriage and the family, yet Jesus never married nor had a family.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Jesus is an interesting person. Knowing no different, he believed physical and mental illness was caused by demons. And like many of those around him, he drove out demons, and so he was an exorcist. But we do understand in the first century exorcists or healers did charge for their service, but we understand Jesus did not charge for his services as an exorcist.

To be an exorcist was a normal and natural thing to do in the first century, as germs had not yet been discovered and nor had neurology and the origins of mental illness.

But Jesus does get a little stranger as he was Judaic in the first century and Judaism was based on marriage and the family, yet Jesus never married nor had a family.

Isn't there this thing about him marrying Mary Magdalene and having children though?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
OK calm down, let's go through a checklist:
1. Have you smoked or ingested any mushrooms or LSD over the last 24 hours? If no,
2. Do you have (or does someone in your family have) schizophrenia or Parkinson's disease? If no,
3. Maybe you have a brain tumour.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
OK calm down, let's go through a checklist:
1. Have you smoked or ingested any mushrooms or LSD over the last 24 hours? If no,
2. Do you have (or does someone in your family have) schizophrenia or Parkinson's disease? If no,
3. Maybe you have a brain tumour.

1. No, alcohol tho
2. Schizophrenia, check!
3. Shit, I hope not...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
1. No, alcohol tho
2. Schizophrenia, check!
3. Shit, I hope not...

I was being sarcastic, trying to imagine how a liberal would react upon hearing what you said.

While I don't believe, I am happy for you.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Not according to conventional Christian theology.

That I know, and though that is the case, it doesn't mean it can't be true. Even if it does mean going into Dan Brown territory.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I was being sarcastic, trying to imagine how a liberal would react upon hearing what you said.

While I don't believe, I am happy for you.

So, what, you don't think I'm schizophrenic?

Oh, I so am schizophrenic. I don't care what evidence you have for the contrary, I am a schizophrenic.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
You make a persuasive argument, but check out this badboy:

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son so that whoever believeth in Him shall not die, but have eternal life."

Check. Mate.

Whatever "Him" is, it cannot be an object of the world, for then it is part of the world, and you are made a part of the world for making it your authority.

Therefore "him" is not a person, it is a personality, it is a character.

This is also specifically described when the scripture doesn't give the spiritual advice in the subjective point of view (which is what your quote is an example of).

Joh_12:37 But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
(Even noticing that Jesus is a mystical and powerful Big Brother figure, doesn't mean you believe according to the Scripture)

Joh_8:30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.

1Ti_3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

_____
Here is an example of both the interpersonal and subjective explanation given in Scripture:
Joh_8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

Eph_5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
(even Baptism by water is not a ritual to be done by a physical immersion)

Also Allan Watts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s42V8BGBvTk

check mate.

For convenience, these are two of some of the scriptures that Allan Watts referred to in the above youtube link:

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
Joh 5:41 I receive not honour from men.
Joh 5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (Therefore Jesus Christ is not his own name, nor the name of a person {its not the name of a man}, Jesus Christ is a spiritual name, literally translated it is: [Jesus-] Jehova saves; [Christ-] the anointed of God.)

2Co 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
(The letter kills because the written word is dead, only your conscious understanding will save you, similarly the appearance of the label called upon as 'Jesus/Jesus Christ' is not the same as knowing of the name Jesus Christ; there is a fatal rift between knowing what a World could decide to call something, and understanding how something is known.)

Also I would add these scriptures to be considered to all the above:

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Rom_8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Gal_4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Php_2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

1Jn_3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Also:
1Co_8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Eph_2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph_4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Don't get misled by fancy talking about a Holy Spirit, the "one Spirit" is only the Spirit of truth, a truth tarnished by relying on appearances and persuasions instead of clear and direct discerning.

Last edited:

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
I would of have rather just added this to the end of my last post, but I don't want to re-write post history too extensively... so I will add these further comments and quotes as an extension:

1Jn 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.
1Jn 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
1Jn 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.
1Jn 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

(^1John5:21 is the last verse of the chapter, and it is focus that these words are meant to salve).

If you are not born of God you cannot be in the image of truth, and so you must be always part of the spiritual delusion.
All a spirit is, is a orientation of intention or focus of purpose. The spirit of truth contains its own eternal purpose:

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
2Jn 1:11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

If you want to access this philosophy on a practical spiritual level, the easiest way to tool yourself is probably something like Access Consciousness (Gary Douglass's project). Access Consciousness makes no particular Christian connection to itself, but I believe that the depth of the 1 John 3:2 Scripture (repeated below) is actualized by some their tools to do with Access to the life of being 'in question' (John is relating to overcoming the 'imaginary future' of the self, a great mystery of consciousness, being expanded upon to tool consciousness with the confidence for knowing that we will always: "Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward")

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

The Good hope in whatsoever 'we shall see' is what must displace the imagination of the future, and the false mental schema attached to its various themes of expectation. That Good hope is the doctrine of understanding the name, so that it can be consciously believed on ("believed on" because it gives a continual-and-eternal receiving, never having wrought an end through having sought out any execution by its orientation of intention).

These pinnacles of faith, which illustrate the depth to absolute transcendence, must be understood jointly with Johns treatise of how to deal through the medium of the world (which cannot be be destroyed, only (continually) overcome:

1Jn 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:
1Jn 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
1Jn 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
1Jn 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

It is apparent, by the discerning of the spiritual eyes, that the body even witnesses the wealth to be taken for the Kingdom of God from the sinful dilemma; so it shall be 'seen to be asking for life', and by the willing service to the life, he has already granted it, even as it was gifted by the sight of a "sin which is not unto death".

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That I know, and though that is the case, it doesn't mean it can't be true. Even if it does mean going into Dan Brown territory.
Exactly, and it's not just Dan Brown. Read Clysta Kinstler's The moon under her feet, which I believe predates Brown's books on the subject. Jesus being married, and loving Mary Magdalene more than the apostles, just didn't fit into the old testament messianic background his institutional proponents wanted to co-opt for him. We may never know the complete truth of Jesus, but I guarantee we won't find it in the Bible, especially if we keep excluding from it perspectives we don't want to hear.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Superman is a freakin' hero. An outright savior in the world of comics.

But especially back in the day, he did his share of dickery. Mostly out of jealousy, theatrics, a pretty weird sense of justice, and a desire to continually remind everyone that he's a superior being.

It was what it was.

Then Superboy came along.

He punched reality itself so hard that he retconned pretty much everything. Including all of that. So when he came along, he said -- "No, no; Superman's not really that much of a dick. That wasn't the real message, you know? We're laying the foundation for a new path forward."

It was a huge handwavey way of reinterpreting (or, really, rewriting) history and trajectory to align with the then-current zeitgeist. But it worked and everyone was okay with it.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Superman is a freakin' hero. An outright savior in the world of comics.

But especially back in the day, he did his share of dickery. Mostly out of jealousy, theatrics, a pretty weird sense of justice, and a desire to continually remind everyone that he's a superior being.

It was what it was.

Then Superboy came along.

He punched reality itself so hard that he retconned pretty much everything. Including all of that. So when he came along, he said -- "No, no; Superman's not really that much of a dick. That wasn't the real message, you know? We're laying the foundation for a new path forward."

It was a huge handwavey way of reinterpreting (or, really, rewriting) history and trajectory to align with the then-current zeitgeist. But it worked and everyone was okay with it.

Sounds alot like God...interesting. I always thought Superman was suppose to be so pure. A goodie two shoes..

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Evanescence does weird things to me... I don't know if I like it, it's just weird ok...