• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP or INFP?

soremfinger

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I had got Artisan a few days ago. And I got ISFP-T in the 16 Personalities test.
I think you need the help of an expert. I'm not an expert. Self determination could also work. It's painstaking but worth it.

Fernando Perla

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh you're right. I was wrong in my last post- recalled incorrectly. You are a clear idealist on the Temperament sorter.

Did some more validation tonight and I need to refine the questions. I have more confidence in the temperament than the cognitive function questions so maybe you are an NF

Thanks. My doubt continues, though. I gave ISFP on Similar Minds test and ISFP-T on 16 Personalities test.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You seem more Se-Ni than Ne-Si, so ISFP.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you mean as dual functions? I kind of understand that but not as well as I'd like. They are all perceiving functions so the pairs mutually support each other.

Se-Ni - I use these two together Se provides data points in the real world for Ni which is more abstract forming a meta-perspective. The difference I suppose if you are Se primary is that you're much more connected to real world every day details and the Ni part is in more of a back seat.

Ne-Si - Si provides stored impressions of events which are leveraged to inform the present - it is a comparing function - how are things the same or different. The core of Ne is constantly observing and interpreting emerging patterns and informs the Si judgment.

get rid of any time frame reference and thats a good example in my book

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
thats way to black and white. especially for aux/tert perception.

In general you're kind of right. It depends on the MBTI type and how well developed the tertiary function is. ISFP and INFP have Ni and Si tertiary, respectively. However, having Ni tertiary does not add conceptualization to things that the ISFP enjoys or uses, at least not necessarily. It adds a unique style and an individualistic flair to the ISFP personality. It also gives them an interest in the aesthetics of things, although they may or may not become artists or artisans in pursuit of this interest. I'm sure there's more to it, but conceptualization is not one of the things I've seen ISFPs engage in unless the ISFP is a college graduate, in which case it's a learned, developed mental behavior and not something that comes naturally as with a dominant or auxiliary function.

This is the way tertiary works in all of the types. The ISFJ and INFJ types, with their Ti tertiary, naturally have an "intellectual" and even "nerdy" aspect to their personalities. But this Ti can be developed into full-fledged intellectualization, becoming the use of logic to help make judgments in their limited fashion.

This is not theory. This is what I have witnessed in experience even before I knew what JCF was.

Axwell

MBTI Type
IXTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ESTP fo shizzle mah nizzle

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you're sure you're either an ISFP or INFP you need to decide if you use extraverted sensing or extraverted intuition.
Se: You experience what your 5 senses tell you directly, accurately, and in real time. You notice sounds, sights and smells before other people do.

Ne: Ne's can see trends and patterns. They are especially good as seeing how things, events and people are connected. They can see the meaning behind people's actions

INFP here, and according only to this explanation, I have both strong Se and Ne.

Fernando Perla

MBTI Type
ENFP
Similar Minds cognitive functions test got me confused. I got Fi at 55%, Ni at 50% and Ne at 50%.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Similar Minds cognitive functions test got me confused. I got Fi at 55%, Ni at 50% and Ne at 50%.

Can't help you with other people's tests. You'll have to contact the vendor.

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm curious about this test and I'd like to do it.

For each of the following question, can you indicate which answer you:
1. Most strongly agree with (in bold)
2. Least strongly agree with (in italics)

Question 1: Select the statements that you most strongly and least strongly agree with
A. I notice patterns as they surface and trust they will go somewhere
B. I try to foresee the implications and likely effects
C. I trust what's familiar
D. I want to know what is happening right now

Question 2: Select the statements that you most strongly and least strongly agree with
A. I have a good memory and I compare and contrast situations in the present with what happened in the past
B. I come up with new ways of seeing things
C. I usually do what my gut instincts tell me
D. I hypothesize, make inferences and perceive what things mean

Question 3: Select the statements that you most strongly and least strongly agree with
A. I try to understand the rules or laws that apply in a situation
B. I seek out people and situations that excite strong sensations (I used to love doing this, and I still want to do this, but it doesn't suit current lifestyle)
C. I pick up on meanings and interconnections
D. It's important for me to have a deep understanding of the big picture

Question 4: Select the statements that you most strongly and least strongly agree with
A. I envison the future and forsee how things will unfold
B. I believe one should live life the fullest
C. I'm good at picking up at emerging patterns
D. I link past knowledge with current experiences

Question 5: Select the statements that you most strongly and least strongly agree with
A. It's important to be present in the moment
B. It's important to understand the details and what they mean
C. I grasp what is going on behind the scenes and under the surface
D. I'm oriented towards the future and have a feeling of certainty as to what it holds

I got 2 Ni, 2 Ne và 1 Si

Hah.

rainybisto

MBTI Type
FiNe
Enneagram
4w5
Do you look for applicable concept or theorizing before practicing something? Or you just do it first-hand and fill the blank right along until you master it?

Last edited:

sardonic delight

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think the latter. I would be ISFP then, right?

*nods yes* Sensors are more hands on. Plus you're an enneagram 4 and ISFPs and INFPs get that a lot. I would even say that being a 4 would explain why you may feel like INFP at times.