• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

is it OK to be angry at God?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Especially you [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] who is secretly a right winger! :mad: :D

I just believe in low taxes and a small governmental footprint. The government is one of the most inefficient things I know of. Government programs in general are ripe with inefficiency and mismanagement - at least in the US.

Ojian

MBTI Type
INTP
Do you know the mind and will of God? Do you fully comprehend all that he is and can do? Do you limit his power?

Of course not. Never said I or anyone else did. But saying that one doesnt fully know the mind of God is a lot different than saying God can and will do anything. If you believe the scriptures, he says enough about himself, and yes, that means things he will and will not do, does and does not do. That is not me limiting God or saying I know everything that he will do.

If you are going to say that God can do whatever he wants, even violate his own standards if he wants, then besides being logically inconsistent, God really has no standards and "Anything Goes"

I don't pretend to know all things, especially concerning God. I know God will always be just. He will always be loving. But neither you or I know his mind well enough to decide what he will do or will not do.

Do you not see how you are contradicting yourself? You know that God is always just and loving (How do you know?), yet apparently we cannot "know his mind well enough" to say whether he could do something unjust and unloving.

I too know God is always just and loving, but that is (in part) because God says he himself is just and loving, and he says he wont be unjust and unloving. It is not a matter of claiming to 'know the mind of God well enough', but instead I just take him at his word.

The Bible is the word of God. But it doesn't limit God. It is for man, not for him. God actions will never be morally wrong, but may not make sense at all times. Foe example, killing is bad, but God ordered the Israelites to clear the promise land, killing the prior inhabitants. We call that ethnic cleansing today....

Duh. "The Bible is the word of God." Of course it is. It is for man and it is where God tells man what is on his mind!! (2 Timothy 3:16,17) Perhaps we should listen.

Something being morally right or wrong is based upon a standard. That standard is defined by God, not by man. And that also means that God via his power may follow or (hypothetically) violate that standard. But that does not mean that God can violate that standard and still truthfully claim he is being morally right. To think so is illogical and again would amount to saying that God really has no standards, including any of justice and love.

Your analogy fails.
* First off, the 6th commandment is not "Do not kill", but it is "Do not murder". See this LINK for a short and cool video that discusses it. Saying "killing is bad" is not totally accurate.
* Nearly 400 years prior to Israel coming to the promised land, God had decreed it was for Abrahams descendants. (Gen 15:16,18). So the Canaanites (prior inhabitants) were essentially squatters in a land that was not theirs.
* The Canaanites were particularly wicked in their ways. Archaeologists have attested to this by what they have found.
* Destroying the inhabitants was to protect Israel, God's people, through whom the Messiah was to come.
* God did not have ALL of them killed. Some were spared, like Rahab and her family and the Gibeonites.

So call it ethnic cleansing if you want. But in this case, it was justified, as per reasons noted in the Scriptures. There were reasons for it, but those reasons were not: 'God is just higher minded than us and we cant fully understand him'

Again, God isn't limited by our concepts and ideas or by our understanding of his ways.

Quite right! But instead, God limits himself by his own standards and provides us with understanding of his ways by what he wrote in the Scriptures.

See the difference?

The people of Sodom were beyond redemption, but did they ever really have the knowledge necessary to be held to God's standards? Plus Sodom was full of young children? Had they sinned in the cradle?

I am not criticizing the destruction. I am merely pointing that God isn't bound to be fair when he doesn't want to be.... he washes his hands with nations, even when they sin in ignorance.

How much knowledge the inhabitants of Sodom and Gomorrah had of God's requirements prior to their destruction may never be known. But what we do know (*cough* from the Scriptures) is that 1) via a conversation with Abraham, God would not have destroyed those cities if even 10 righteous persons were found there (Gen 18:20-33) [See, God himself laid out standards that he was willing to limit himself to], and 2) Lot, a man who did know God's standards, lived near and eventually inside Sodom.(Gen 13:11-13) He very likely tried to explain to them about their conduct.

And despite there probably being children in those cities, they, like everyone else, are born sinners and are imperfect. (Romans 3:23; 6:23) So yes, they were sinners in the cradle.

Whether or not you think it was fair or unfair is totally subjective and frankly irrelevant. The point is, God had reasons to destroy those cities, including any children in them, and the reasons are stated in the scriptures.

Again, you don't know how he defines things for himself.
Umm, to a great extent we do know how he defines things... because he goes ahead and defines them..... in the Bible.

God is not limited by puny human understanding. He will always do this in accordance to his will, in a just manner, we just will not always understand it.

Never said God was limited by human understanding. Yes, he will do things according to his will. And guess what?!? He tells us what his will is in the Scriptures, and yes, we CAN understand it.

Limiting God again? So rigid and narrow. Peter was instructed to violate the Law of Moses. He was told to expand the church to non Jews. And they were not required to live by the previously revealed Law.

Why are you so hung up about "limiting" God? He does it to himself. That is not necessarily a bad thing. IT only means that God is consistent and truthful (In fact God could not be truthful if he did not in fact limit himself)
And limits to God in no way implies that his will can be stopped or prevented.

I'm not sure what you mean by the reference to Peter, or how expanding the church violated anything (unless you are somehow relating things of Peter's dream when he was about to go see Cornelius). Nevertheless, by then Christ had been put to death and had fulfilled the Law of Moses. After his death and resurrection, the Law of Moses was no longer binding on Christians. (Romans 10:4; 7:6; Ephesians 2:13-15) So no, they were not required to live by that Law....

Do you live the Law of Moses today as set forth in detail? I think not.

... and neither am I.

And if God's will were so clear, why do we have so many different churches? Do Baptists and Lutherans and Methodists have the same standards?

non-sequitur. But frankly,...and logically, if various churches have different standards, and they claim to get those standards from God, at best only one of them is correct, at worst none of them are. Do they get their standards from the Bible??? It might be interesting to actually investigate that.

The will of God is for each of his to find. By our own inspiration. He wants to communicate with us. He wants us to hear his guidance.

Sorry, but no. Those first two statements are crap. Assuming God wants to communicate with us and have us hear his guidance, what sense does it make the for us to find it on our own. That is a very unscriptural idea. You are looking to have your cake and eat it too.

Scripture is a great way for that, but does every passage hit you the same way each time you read it? Or do you get new insight for his will uniquely for that situation? Where does that unique insight come from? The Holy Spirit guiding us to truth and enlightening our minds.

Non-sequitur. God does give us insight (Ps 32:8) and he does so through his Word (Joshua 1:7, 8; 1 Kings 2:3) Yes, God's spirit is involved (Nehemiah 9:20). Once acquired, insight must be safeguarded. One can lose it by turning from God’s ways. (Ps 36:1-3; Pr 21:16) And his ways are revealed...oh yeah... in the Scriptures.

Oh, ye of little faith. I feel sorry for you that you want to limit your relationship with God. If you don't recognize the Holy Spirit talking to you, I feel really sad for you. If you have never felt it, I feel even greater sadness for you, sincerely. You sound like you desire to follow His will, but you reject his ability to guide you and love you.

Sorry, nice try. But a real relationship with God is based upon KNOWLEDGE of him from his word, not merely some emotional experience. God's spirit works with that knowledge (which we get from studying God's word) and gives us INSIGHT on how to apply that knowledge, which is WISDOM. His ability to guide us is done via what he tells us in his word, and his Word is evidence of his love for us.

No one needs to suffer needlessly. I don't see divorce on the ten commandments, do you? God makes the rules, not you. Not me.

Divorce is not in the the 10 commandments, but it is covered in the Law Covenant.
But besides there, Jesus, in discussing the practice of divorce, plainly said: " I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.” (Matthew 19:9; 5:31, 32)

So, ya, God makes the rules on divorce, and what do you know, they are right there in the Bible. Go figure!

But I can shout to the hilltop what I believe I was told. You can disbelieve. That is fair. You are free to believe or disbelieve everything I write. It is up to you.

But your truth, as you see it, doesn't limit me or God.

That is fine, and I would say "Ditto." But I think you should double-check where you are getting your "truth" from.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Again, I am sorry that you appear to limit your faith to your mind and ignore your heart. I cited Luke 24:32 as scripture discussing hearts burning as a sign from God of truth. But, hey, you are free to believe as you will. No skin off my back.

But saying that one doesnt fully know the mind of God is a lot different than saying God can and will do anything. If you believe the scriptures, he says enough about himself, and yes, that means things he will and will not do, does and does not do.

He merely gave us enough to find him and guide us. And if we humbly go unto him, we can be guiding by the Holy Spirit.

2 Thess. 3:5 said:
And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

Psalms 23 said:
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

1 Kings 19 said:
11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake:
12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

Job 32 said:
8 But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

John 16 said:
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.
15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Acts 2 said:
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

If you can not accept anything but your intellectual belief in God, I feel sorry for you. I once limited myself to an intellectual faith, but then my eyes and ears and heart were opened to see, hear, and feel so much more.

James 1:5 said:
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

You appear to have no desire to accept that others do not believe the same as you. Again, I accept the differences in belief and I would hope you would as well. I am more than confident in my relationship with God. He knows me and loves me and tries me and comforts me.

I wish you well.

Lark

I just believe in low taxes and a small governmental footprint. The government is one of the most inefficient things I know of. Government programs in general are ripe with inefficiency and mismanagement - at least in the US.

The world is in an Empire Strikes Back phase.

Points for trying to get all the trigger words at once though :newwink:

Ojian

MBTI Type
INTP
Again, I am sorry that you appear to limit your faith to your mind and ignore your heart. I cited Luke 24:32 as scripture discussing hearts burning as a sign from God of truth. But, hey, you are free to believe as you will. No skin off my back.

You cited Luke 24:32, but apparently have decided to ignore a very important piece of that scripture

Luke 24:32 said:
And they said to each other: “Were not our hearts burning within us as he was speaking to us on the road, as he was fully opening up the Scriptures to us?”
See the bolded part? Their hearts were burning as Jesus was explaining the Scriptures

And that is the point! Today, God reveals himself first and primarily via the scriptures.

SearchingforPeace said:
He merely gave us enough to find him and guide us. And if we humbly go unto him, we can be guiding by the Holy Spirit.

Yes! He gave us the Scriptures to find him and guide us. The Holy Spirit acts in conjunction with what is taught in the Scriptures, never opposed to them. You do realize that many of the scriptures you cited are referencing other (in this case Old Testament/Hebrew) scriptures.

You referenced:
2 Thess. 3:5 said:
And the Lord direct your hearts ***into the love of God***, and into the patient waiting for Christ.
Notice where the Lord directs our hearts? Into the "love of God". And what does the "love of God" mean for us?:
1 John 5:3 said:
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
Keeping his commandments! And where do we get his commandments? From the Scriptures!

SearchingforPeace said:
If you can not accept anything but your intellectual belief in God, I feel sorry for you. I once limited myself to an intellectual faith, but then my eyes and ears and heart were opened to see, hear, and feel so much more.
Of course I accept more than just my intellectual belief in God, but I do not ignore it either. FYI, faith is dependent on knowledge (Hebrews 11:1) So you cannot have faith without 'intellect'.

If your heart got something that was opposed to what the scriptures say, if you saw, heard, and felt something other than what the scriptures teach, then you didn't get that from God. Maybe you just ate something spicy.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
God often is a metaphor for what a person sees as their highest ideals. I find the premise of God as put forth by the Christian Bible irrational, however, I have seen that people usually have a "God" that matches their own values and ideas. If you are angry at "God", perhaps you are angry at yourself or at things you have no control over. My recommendation is therapy to find the root of your anger and find a solution to it.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a huge problem with anger, especially the anger of others, but also my own, being a e9. As I was flipping radio stations today, I came upon Dennis Prager interviewing Rabbi Harold Kushner, author of When Bad Things Happen to Good People, among other books.

Prager raised the issue of anger at God and Kushner dealt with it in an interesting way. Kushner cited Deuteronomy, where Moses complains he can't go across the Jordan. After this, Moses tells the Israelites in Deuteronomy 6:5:

He therefore said Moses was able to love God with all his heart because he was able to trust that his relationship with God was strong enough that anger wouldn't destroy it. If he held back his anger, he couldn't love God with all his heart, even the angry parts.

I grew up with the idea we need to humbly submit to the trials of life, though I can't remember if I was taught that or came up with that on my own.

Anyway, this year I have yelled at God at various times, which is pretty fair given the challenges I have in my life.

So, any thoughts on this? Do we need to let loose the anger we might have towards God in order to fully love him with all our heart?

I would prefer believers respond....

There are many important issues that need to be discussed to get anywhere in this matter, in my opinion.

I can summarize those points by saying: anger at which God?
The true God is described as what is [itself] love: so anger at love is antithetical to actualized articulation of emotion.

God is not just a word, all things mentioned in the bible must be spiritually discerned and understood, and even though most "Christian" traditions substantiate their teachings by the reliance that the truth is as simple as they describe it to be, they are often incapable of convincing anyone who already has a different view, or who is interested in comparing various doctrines and assessing where truth lies without reliance on some mere claim of vested authority.

Do you think God gave you the anger? Do you think the anger is something God must resolve inside yourself?

Those are some examples of very broad questions...

I would want to tell you: Emotions are not the beginning of the story, its somewhere after the half-way point inside a plot that your mind has taken for its truth when emotions occur, and asking God to finish your unresolved stories on your behalf, presumes that God is already happy with the plot that you're mind has bought into...

To summarize: Why do you have the anger? When you start dealing with the reasons behind the "feelings", that is something that Love has a purpose to work on (and work with).

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
[MENTION=2100]Ojian[/MENTION] [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION]

Just wanted to quote some scripture that I thought was relavant to your guys exhange in this thread, I didnt read the whole exchange but I thought this scripture touched on Searchingforpeace's response that didnt sit well with me.

2Ti 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2Ti 4:5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

Something in the heart that cant be directly communicated is dangerous because it is not with love, as it cannot be shared or believed on by those who can be [freely] chosen in believing, 'private feelings' can only offer becoming a part of 'believing in the feeling[-narrative]'. These type of incommunicable heart feelings don't call unto a liberty to take up any chosen broader accountability that offers a greater (and more real) abounding liberty, they only ask you to burden liberty in cause of a story that must be remembered, which in my opinion is nothing like the truth to be lived in (which is in the image of Jesus Christ; who told parables to be understood, not stories to keep you (fearfully) reminded of whats expected from yourself.)

Mole

Permabanned
I want to know if it is OK for God to be angry at me.

I am told God is angry at me for my sin but in order to forgive me God tortured his Son to death then raised Him from the dead.

This is called the Doctrine of Atonement.

So is it OK for God to be angry at me? Of course not, it is the anger of a psychotic father.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
So is it OK for God to be angry at me? Of course not, it is the anger of a psychotic father.

Do you realize that at the beginning of the bible it says man is in the image of God?

by the way, in my opinion the doctrine of atonement is stupid, everything Christ did must be personally accomplished for salvation.

The bible says you must die on your cross DAILY.

To answer your first question directly: God's mind is pure and always loving, and so you are granted the freedom to know all the consequences all your own thoughts; the only way to be at peace from mental kharma (which we are told is very unlikely for those who know themselves to be rich or powerful): is to attain the full stature of Jesus Christ, who is in the image of God).

Mole

Permabanned
Do you realize that at the beginning of the bible it says man is in the image of God?

by the way, in my opinion the doctrine of atonement is stupid, everything Christ did must be personally accomplished for salvation.

The bible says you must die on your cross DAILY.

To answer your first question directly: God's mind is pure and always loving, and so you are granted the freedom to know all the consequences all your own thoughts; the only way to be at peace from mental kharma (which we are told is very unlikely for those who know themselves to be rich or powerful): is to attain the full stature of Jesus Christ, who is in the image of God).

I don't think this is Christian doctrine. The Doctrine of Atonement is central to Christianity. After all, Jesus is called the Lamb of God, the perfect blood sacrifice for all our sins.

It seems perhaps you are influenced by Gnostic beliefs.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think this is Christian doctrine. The Doctrine of Atonement is central to Christianity. After all, Jesus is called the Lamb of God, the perfect blood sacrifice for all our sins.

It seems perhaps you are influenced by Gnostic beliefs.

Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1Co_2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Can you demonstrate why I should take you as an authority for who gets to lay claim to the banner of Christianity? Or is it just more populist group-think drivel to be endured?

Jesus Christ is a spiritual name that has specific meaning:
I am that I am saves The anointed of God.

Jesus only saves man in an indirect way therefore, as God keeps his own sons in true spiritual life only, and so through Jesus you can attain being Son of man.

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Mole

Permabanned
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

1Co_2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Can you demonstrate why I should take you as an authority for who gets to lay claim to the banner of Christianity? Or is it just more populist group-think drivel to be endured?

Jesus Christ is a spiritual name that has specific meaning:
I am that I am saves The anointed of God.

Jesus only saves man in an indirect way therefore, as God keeps his own sons in true spiritual life only, and so through Jesus you can attain being Son of man.

1Jn_3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

The profession of faith is the Nicene Creed adopted by Christians in 325 AD. Gnosticism started in pre-christian times.

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ
The profession of faith is the Nicene Creed adopted by Christians in 325 AD. Gnosticism started in pre-christian times.

If we agree that the baby can be discarded, why would we persist in holding onto its bathwater?

In the metaphor above the baby is:- all that was constructed by Constantine's edicts; the Catholic Church perhaps being the most notable project. The "heretics" were in fact the last vestiges of authentic Christianity before it was organized into a dogmatic drive for institutionalized order (the Roman Empire being reborn into the pre-requisite version of Holy, to set a place for the "Holy" Roman Empire to stand).

The need for this council is evidence of the reactive-fear-machine threatened by organic understanding held by a member of Christ (the ordinary church member). And so again I ask that you demonstrate, why should the banner of Christianity fall to the multitudes who claim it by a demagoguery for a history, when even the scriptures only mention the small flock for real fellowship?

Mole

Permabanned
If we agree that the baby can be discarded, why would we persist in holding onto its bathwater?

In the metaphor above the baby is:- all that was constructed by Constantine's edicts; the Catholic Church perhaps being the most notable project. The "heretics" were in fact the last vestiges of authentic Christianity before it was organized into a dogmatic drive for institutionalized order (the Roman Empire being reborn into the pre-requisite version of Holy, to set a place for the "Holy" Roman Empire to stand).

The need for this council is evidence of the reactive-fear-machine threatened by organic understanding held by a member of Christ (the ordinary church member). And so again I ask that you demonstrate, why should the banner of Christianity fall to the multitudes who claim it by a demagoguery for a history, when even the scriptures only mention the small flock for real fellowship?

Ah, I see. You are making a special pleading for a special denomination of Christianity, while Christianity represents one third of the population of the world, and is the world's largest religion.

You make a special pleading for real fellowship while excluding the fellowship two and a quarter billion Christians (2.25,000,000,000).

This sounds like ISIS, only they exclude most muslims.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I suppose.

When I was a youth minister I was never angry at God rather angry at myself when I'd feel my faith is being tested. It was a struggle.

Then fast forward several years all the way to the present to my atheist-agnostic self. The idea of being angry at God make about as much sense as being angry at an imaginary spaghetti deity (Ra-men).

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most people, even most Christians, don't realize this. We look at the many Christian denominations in the world today as evidence of great diversity which has grown out of the single "root" of the faith, like branches out of a tree trunk.. In reality, the opposite happened. The great diversity of belief among the "Jesus groups" of the first couple of centuries was winnowed down to a single, hierarchical form in the era of Constantine. Later bifurcations into the eastern and western churches and later the reformation were followed by less significant filamentation, resulting in the denominational spectrum we see today.

Ah, I see. You are making a special pleading for a special denomination of Christianity, while Christianity represents one third of the population of the world, and is the world's largest religion.

You make a special pleading for real fellowship while excluding the fellowship two and a quarter billion Christians (2.25,000,000,000).
Perhaps because they act like they are the "only real Christians".

Zangetshumody

MBTI Type
INTJ

This sounds like ISIS, only they exclude most muslims.

Firstly your "logic" is wrong in principle, which I have already offered direct proof for, which you seem incapable of directly answering.

Secondly, within the basis of your overly basic ('principled') argument, which is so obviously a straw man made for the fire:

implying the banner of Christianity is openly shared between that expansive number.

implying fundamental exclusions held between and against those who make up your quoted number:- are all of them correct in the assessment of their own claims to being Christian, but incorrect in their assessment of the other so-called-Christians.

It would seem if you were in King Solomon's position and two women both claiming motherhood over the same child came to you for adjudication, by your logic they can together be known as the biological mother, and because of the disagreement between them: means they must both be regarded as liars also.

I'm sorry but I wont continue responding to you if you cant be bothered to engineer anything with real seriousness, philosophy is not a game to play at other peoples expense, and I cant believe your "constructed" thoughts on these matters are anything else; which make them a waste of my energy if I am to be tested by further barrages of thoughtlessness. Do you have a faculty of authentic critique in these topics -because I don't wish to be the pincushion for mere sophistry- going further.

Last edited: