• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is America still the same as it was a few decades ago?

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
4D5FAD78-08F6-49EA-9129-3E1C19BFE0E2.jpgI mean has it changed very much? I live in Canada and I think honestly it’s better I just let bygones be bygones. The country I think is extremely racist and prejudice towards me and I’m just not welcomed at all, I was looking at things from the 60s up until the 80s in America, is it still like that?

I haven’t been able to travel the country yet and I noticed looking at old films and movies that Americans generally seem overall quite similar to me, and I wondered if it’s still relatively the same demographics and everything?A1C936C1-3A0E-4B45-9813-A780C94A071F.jpegE95A7D80-CF5F-4EAC-AC3B-128924827B8F.jpeg64F454FD-5A62-41B7-AA50-319400F2FA6B.jpeg6DC179AE-246E-4619-BC27-1B0C52B15DAA.jpeg66C26BF8-E4CA-43E9-B1E8-C4C4FECC8CF1.jpegB8CDDBC6-8F4D-498D-B926-687830243B5A.jpeg

Those people are all like some weird mixture of English/German and Irish which I am I guess. I notice they hold themselves or like move around and look at things in a similar way. I’ve just faced extreme prejudice my entire life because of this and it’s been extremely difficult. Do they know of specific area that are still like that?

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sorry I'm not trying to rag on Canada or make it sound really bad but it's true I think, I think I might collect evidence, I would just like answers, why am I being treated this way? I'm relatively normal, and have tried changing my appearance, dress, style numerous things. I am considered relatively attractive and intelligent and am not autistic thus know how to adequately communicate, wtf?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Movies have been shit after the 80s lol. Because nostaliga sells better than reality.

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You have too much Hyperborean and not enough Polarian in your stock. Canada is very Polarian in its outlook. You might be happier in America because it's more Hypoborean.

Sabbathhhank

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IXFX
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Movies have been shit after the 80s lol. Because nostaliga sells better than reality.

Those are just some examples, but I don’t know how else to describe or explain. I have weir sharp aggressive tendencies, and things like that I know that’s common there. I’m very innately rebellious. I know there’s lots of diversity in America, and I’ve mostly seen there tv and movies I don’t know what it’s like in actuality. I feel like I’ve almost become this huge minority in the West and have thought about moving back to “Europe” to be honest. I don’t know what happened to the continent but I feel out of place.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not like the US is "one thing." Maybe there's a broad national zeitgeist, but your daily experience is going to be very different depending on your geographical location, population density (urban vs rural), economic bracket, profession, etc.