• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts, do you relate?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S3PyH1C.jpg

dog's

cat's

fail

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can relate. I do my best to not put others in a position where I feel annoyed at them, so I will tend to avoid people when I'm overwhelmed. I hit my limit with human interactions from my job alone, so it is hard to add small talk to the list. It takes conscious effort to socially interact, so it isn't a way for me to relax. For the extrovert, I would say that expecting introverts to be able to socialize on the fly is like expecting people to exercise on the fly. Can you just go up to random people and start playing tennis, regardless of how old or tired they are? Expecting people to exert physical energy in your presence out of convention is the closest comparison I can think of to expecting people to exert social energy when they don't have much of it.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
normal_1907970333.jpg

Extroverts, what say you?
Does the image above show a valid concern about the value of things people say when they talk too much?
Or, is it just an annoying ego booster for someone with a "special introverted snowflake" syndrome?

I relate to this when people I find dull (boring, I guess?) in some form or another talk beyond my own personal limits of how long I can be cordial with them. These people can introverted or extroverted. It's about 50/50.

That's not to say the stuff they talk about is inherently dull or useless. Just because I as an individual fail to recognize/embrace the potential utility in their jibber jabber doesn't mean it doesn't exist. If I've reached/exceeded my own limits, everything eventually seems like noise. Seems.

I don't expect others to be mind readers, so, if I feel drained in general - and interacting has begun to exacerbate that - I let the person know I'm tired or otherwise need to disengage, soon. It's not their problem - unless they choose to make it so, I guess.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
:shrug:

Seems like issues with x over y (or other n ) differences in taste and interest. Though the brains differ in a general focusing of energy and amount of stimulus to exchanging ratio, nevertheless even within the category the energy requirement changes and overviews are useful for an outline, but don't often colour in the details very accurately.

So two people of similar energy can find annoyance in each other and not see a similarity, confusing it for the difference in energy factor.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Re OP, not really.

I can feel that way about anyone, introvert or extrovert (introverts can talk a lot too sometimes) --- iow, it's highly individual / not so much about introversion/extroversion. Some people just drain me, and I think it probably has more to do with how much I have in common with the person as well as interpersonal chemistry/connection.

MisteurFox

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Depends on the type of info I'm being fed... if I don't care about it I'll just zone out and let my intuition fill in the blanks, so I can act like I'm interested and actually following the conversation. I rarely, if ever, get headaches from people talking too much. My mom's incessant ramblings about her chores and the uninteresting things she has to do made me used to it. :D

Axwell

MBTI Type
IXTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The hell is this bullshit.

I can relate, but it depends on the situation. If I am a wallflower at a party for instance, I generally would appreciate someone coming up and talking to me. I'm never one to initiate conversation with people, so it's nice to be able to talk with someone when they do. However, if I'm in my 'introvert, leave me alone' mode, then yeah...but I would get annoyed by anyone up to that point. :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some people can be too much, but I don't have a problem with extroverts by default.
The special snowflake thing in a lot of introvert memes annoys me too. It doesn't really promote understanding.

S16M4

Permabanned

Extroverts, what say you?

Does the image above show a valid concern about the value of things people say when they talk too much?
Or, is it just an annoying ego booster for someone with a "special introverted snowflake" syndrome?

Nah, I don't relate.

Maybe I just got socialized early on. I just quietly observe.

I've no problem with extroverts, and it does drain on me.

But, those are the breaks.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cocky stupid people make my head hurt.

No issues with extroverted. Introverted can apply to cocky stupid just like extroverted can.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can't stand loud people in general. I can't say much about it because when I'm with my friends, I talk a lot, sometimes don't even let others talk... not so much due to the pleasure of speaking but because my mind goes fast and I don't want my friends to miss details of what's going inside of my head.

^^ This
I am an Extrovert, not a typical extrovert though but I usually bother when people either introverts/extrovert keep talking, just too many small talks can be exhausting, too many details just make me dizzy..
An interaction for too long is draining, I need to isolate myself for a while to recharge, the older I get the more introverted I am being, or maybe more wise that I just learned to put my thoughts on as little words as possible..

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some extroverts can be overbearing and just all up in your biz without realizing they are doing so. Extroverts are refreshing because most I've met prefer to spread the attention on people and things outside themselves instead of making all about themselves and how they see things. Introverts I know are great for deep conversation when encouraged to engage but have a tough time talking about things removing themselves from the equation. I find introverts I've met/know more egocentric than extroverts, also more stuck up.

Introverts make me laugh (in a good way) more.

Litsnob

I don't see an image, so perhaps it has been removed. That won't stop me from having an opinion though. I loath special snowflake syndrome in any situation but I do like understanding of people's differences. Extroverts can tire me out and I hate small talk. I find many people dull and shallow and ignorant, but I also know extroverts whom I really like or love and introverts whom I don't. As an introvert I may feel less understood or accepted at times but there is no one right way to be. We need both types and the best of those types are able to understand and accept the others.

Because I dislike small talk and like deep, complex conversations and am prone to saying things that others do not want to discuss or talk about, I suspect there are many extroverts who would like me to shut up. Or at least learn how to talk about the weather.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not at all, I agree that it seems rather arrogant to say that. I love extroverts, I think they're cute ^^ The only time I've been annoyed is when my little sister wont stop talking while I'm trying to write, gather my thoughts, or converse online. When I'm trying to focus and she's just going on and on about tumblr or something (after I told her nicely I'm busy) I get annoyed, otherwise nope.

blob

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes i do espicially if they have been talking nonstop for 30+ minutes i just lose it

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not really. I like listening to conversations.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*sighs as to all the introverts I cause suffering for*