• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ? What do you think? Help me please

bingbang

Hello! :hi:
I hope for some objective opinions.

Explanation:

Si: My memory is so bad I can’t even remember what i ate yesterday. I dislike routine and adapt to change without problems. I dont care about traditions

Se: Im unaware of my environment, dont notice environmental changes, can’t find stuff thats in front of me (been like that as a child too). Being spontaneous in a predictable situation or one I dont care about is fine. Otherwise I need to plan.

Ti or Te?: Im only interested in useful information that also makes sense. Id be more happy about a new vacuum cleaner for christmas than a thoughtful but useless gift.

planning: I dont always go through with plans and often just make them for the sake of making them and to deal with impatience. For example I fully planned trips (cost, where, when, what to do etc.) at 13 that i might take when im 20 even though i knew I probably want to go somewhere else when im older. I also plan how unpredictable events will go before attending them.
I have no problems with deadlines since I plan what amount of what I have to do when in order to finish something a few days ahead of a deadline.

Ni: Im unable to live in the past or the present. Im constantly thinking about my future and daydream about it. I started planning the arrival of a future dog at 9. Going through 100 books to find the perfect breed and already contacting breeders to find out if they are a good match even though I knew I had to wait until im 18-20. Now that im 17 I dont necessarily need a dog in the next 5 years so again I dont go through with plans. Thats because I like to fixate myself on something and change it if new information comes up.

predictions: i do make predictions when it comes to murderers in tv shows which often turn out to be true and I occasionally think “I knew it!” but those things aren’t gut feelings but collecting information and using my knowledge to put together the most likely outcome. I dont always think ab

Ne: I only consider likely possibilities. I dont have any ideas. I dont stray off topic.

Fe: I dont do things for the greater good, I dont care about harmony. My morals and principles aren’t universal. I dont get offended on behalf of others.

Fi: I have my own morals and principles. I strive for inner peace. When Im insecure about my appearance its because I dont match my own expectations.
I can’t put myself in other peoples shoes. I also can’t say how I would act or feel in a given scenario. When confronted with other peoples feelings I apply my knowledge on that topic to find the most likely and logical reason for them to be upset.

for example: friend got cheated on months ago with a certain girl. friend doesn’t express hate towards ex for cheating but is utterly disgusted with certain girl. Complains about her appearance, personality and recent actions even though she doesn’t know her.

This behaviour doesn’t make sensel to me since based on my sense of right and wrong the ex is the bad guy here.

I connect something i dont understand: her complains about this girls appearance and connect it with the fact that the ex chose this girl over his girlfriend so my mind compares this to a “What does she have that I dont have scenario” -> she feels inferior to this girl and is insecure -> tell her she is prettier while explaining to her that its her ex she should be mad about not this girl

So what am I?

If that did not help here is a questionnaire I found:

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Im a 17 year old female am diagnosed with PTSD which shows itself in a lack of emotions and desinterest in life. People tell me I’ve never been a sensitive and emotional child. So about question 7): As a child i was more curious, funny, happy and interested in life but I’ve always been sort of a grinch.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Page Not Found Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

its a picture of a landscape during sunset. There is a church in front of the water. I like the warm, orange color and the landscape in general. I wouldn’t mind living there someday. I dislike churches and also this churchs colors so a leuchtturm would have made the picture more appealing to me. But its not a big deal.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thoughts: There are many scenarios. First of all wed check if we could fix the car ourselves. If it doesn’t work and we are already running late (= won’t be there 15 minutes ahead of time and dont have money with us) "Great we are going to miss the concert. Wohoo 500 Dollars for nothing. :))))))))" (If i have money with me and there is still plenty of time): “Cool” In the middle of nowhere! Sounds like adventure.. well ill just call a cab " My outward reactions: Either “no problem just call a cab” or “stop trying thats just how it is we miss the concert. There is no hope. Lets just focus on how we get home"

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

im not into parties so Ill find a way to get home alone. Either a cab or public transport. If i dont have a choice ill wait outside.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Inward: Time to debate. Outward: Asks to understand why they believe what they believe and then argue with them until one of us changes their belief or friend doesn’t want to argue anymore.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Id try to understand the other side to gain as much knowledge about it as possible in order to be able to believe the right thing or change my beliefs if they are wrong. If Im already 100% sure about my beliefs then ill accept that not everything goes my way.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I value open mindness, intelligence, maturity and objectivity. I just dealt a lot with the opposite so i appreciate them more. I dont think they can change but i can learn to accept it if necessary and if other qualities outweigh the opposite of my values. I can also add other values.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) Im rational, insensitive, more mature than other people and unenthusiastic. I speak in a monotone disinterested voice and am viewed as rude. I signal people that I dislike them without intention. My resting bitch face doesn’t help. Im also a know-it-all and give people the impression that they are stupid, b) Id want to be more enthusiastic, positive, cheerful and dorky because that would make my life a lot easier. Id probably enjoy life, other peoples company and people would enjoy my company too.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I dont remember any gut feelings. Only first impressions of people that make me guess their motives or personality.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Being alone on my laptop reading articles or browsing reddit, sleeping, listening to music, watching tv shows.
b) Anything that stops me from doing a), because a) are the only things i enjoy in life.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I show a milder version of myself, i smile a bit more or fake laugh at jokes and avoid blunt/sarcastic/rude comments. I do that because Id just ruin the atmosphere because i am a grinch/killjoy/grouch or whatever the word is which im fine with but when im stuck with someone there is no need to make it uncomfortable.

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sounds extremely INTJ to me. :wubbie:
Supposedly INTJ and ISFP share all the same functions, just in a different order. I enjoy doing the same activities you do but I'd rather go camping or rock climbing or something similar which is very Se-Te because my Se is higher.

Your hobbies are very Te-Se.. You use Se just in a more relaxing way.
Maybe I use Te to relax? Hmm..

Ti or Te?: Im only interested in useful information that also makes sense. Id be more happy about a new vacuum cleaner for christmas than a thoughtful but useless gift.
Sounds Te to me.

Hello!
I hope for some objective opinions

also Te, lol.

Se: Im unaware of my environment, dont notice environmental changes, can’t find stuff thats in front of me (been like that as a child too). Being spontaneous in a predictable situation or one I dont care about is fine. Otherwise I need to plan.
Se is probably your weakest function. Still I can see you with Se in your hobbies and your reaction to the car scenario.

bingbang

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. So you think my Ni is strong enough to be a Ni dom? I feel like my Fi is stronger than my Ni. On the other hand i can't be auxiliary Se. Based on what I've written.. do you (or anyone reading this) think "Definitely Ni dom!"?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ or INTP. I didn't sense much Ni, but I sensed supposed inferior Se. Inferior Fe can work too.

bingbang

I cut out the questionnaire because it didn't lead me anywhere. My guess is that your PTSD gives you INTx like features, so we can't really tell (I'm not sure about you being a Ni-dom) so you could be an entirely different type.

I read that a mental illness can't make you use different functions. It may put you in a grip or a loop or make you unhealthy but your brain still uses specific functions.

I doubt that if my apathy "made" me f.e an INTP and id obviously use Ti Ne Si Fe in my everyday life,..my healthy me could be an ENTJ or ESFP. :unsure: