• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Insight on type

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I filled out this form on another site but I want to post it here too. The more opinions, the merrier.

I'm mostly curious if I'm more Fi or Fe in my functions. I can't figure out if I'm Fe or my Fi morals are Fe influenced due to being surrounded my Fe users all my life. I may do any ennegram form later. I'm certain my tritype include 269, but I'm just unsure of which one's the most obvious.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not really. My current state of mind is reflective and nostalgic.

1. Flickr: Page Not Found

I found the colors really cool and it gives a gothic vibe, like something out of Jane Eyre. Kinda soothing.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

My initial thought is annoyance. I'd be thinking that one of the few times I go out and the car breaks down! I'd see if anyone with me knows a thing about cars since I know squat. I'd try to keep myself and others calm since that would only make the situation worse. Hopefully someone can repair it, if not I'd speak up about a tow truck or something or just flat out call for help myself.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I'd reluctantly go. I wouldn't want them to make a special trip to take me home so I'd go for a little while. If I know some of the people there I'd chat a bit with them, if not I'm less likely to start a conversation but would remain approachable to it. I'm told I'm kind to strangers but a bit quiet. My father, who's excellent at reading people, says I'm clearly assessing the person and the situation. I wouldn't last longer than an hour. I'm very sensitive to my surroundings (lights and sounds mostly) and I do know I'm an introvert since long periods of time with people slowly drain my energy. I'd be like time to go or I'll take a cab.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Inwardly I'm not remotely chill but thinking of ways to state my opinions without being offensive. Being in a car is probably not the best time for a heated debate . Outwardly I state my beliefs. If it gets too heated I speak up and say this is not the time or place, so let's agree to disagree so everyone can stop feeling awkward. Being inside a car when people are fighting is not fun.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Knee-jerk reaction is to defend. If I'm on the fence about an issue then I'm more open since I know I do not have enough knowledge to satisfy myself yet. However, if I'm very certain of my view then it's very likely I'll change it without some very clear evidence that my thinking is wrong. Good luck with that. This is probably why I rarely talk politics or religion with people. It can backfire so easily.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Be courteous and generous, mostly. Any values I have is to keep my soul in check and to do no harm and if I do then set things right. I'm someone who believes in karma and fate. Your actions and reactions define you. I determine them with my gut, my soul, my feelings. Does this sit right with me? I feel if you have a code then it can't change. It can evolve, though.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
A deep insight when it comes to people.
I'd change how easily it is for people to affect me. I can go from cheery to pissed off with one word.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I listen to them as much as possible. I prefer to go with them and if it fails me then it's all on me. Dealing with people and sometimes plans triggers them. It's just this gut feeling that while it looks good on paper, it just feels off. Even if I don't listen to my gut, it's still the background almost waiting to say 'I told you so'.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a.) Visiting stores I like or talking to my friends about mutual interests. I do like creative pursuits. I just get lost in creating something.

b.) Crowded areas or large groups of people, public speaking, cooking, putting up with jerks .

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I repress anything that could cause extreme conflict. Bit of a coward in that respect. I try really hard to just focus on the common ground and keep things in harmony.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to say ISFJ at first, but still on the fence. You struck me more as a Si user rather than Se, because you focus more one the "vibe" or essence of things rather than the things themselves. As I kept reading, I saw you are more comfortable with intuition. To me it's either ISFJ or INFP, but the more I analyze, the more I lean toward the latter. Could be an INFP with strong Si.

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

Test was finished a 2:24 a.m.

I got isfj with Si > Fi > Fe = Se > Ni >Ne > Te > Ti

Kinda makes sense since I get isfp or isfj in tests.

And now I go to sleep. :sleeping:

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=29978]apathylex[/MENTION]

At my worst - manipulative and co-dependent. Under stress I'm extremely critical of myself and others. It's very obvious when I'm stressed. Even if I'm not open about it my demeanor and actions are. Very snappy. I prefer to be myself when I'm stressed so I can do things to calm me down (browsing the internet, watching a movie, cuddling my pet, anything that can distract me) and then talk about what's upset me. I do this with fights too. If it gets too heated I'll walk away and cry or throw a fit away from an audience. I'm also someone who holds things in so naturally when it finally explodes I'm pretty much a human volcano. Therefore defeating the purpose of holding things to keep harmony. :doh:

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Option 1 with some of option 4. This part of 4 hit close too home:

Do you feel disturbed about not making something of yourself or not meeting any long term goals or achievements, especially when compared to the “successful” people around you? Do you suddenly and inexplicably feel the urge to seek out a higher purpose or deeper meaning for your life? Do you suddenly feel drawn to mystical ideas or spiritual exploration?

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So, option 1 was inferior Ne while option 2 was inferior Ni. That would make ISFJ or ESFP.

When facing a problem, does this strike you as yours?

I was option 1 and 4 that was relatable. Did you mean 4 not 2?

Do you pause or hesitate and try to figure out if you’ve experienced something like this before, scanning for some familiar object, detail, or feeling to hang your hat on?
No.

Do you tend to notice little discrepancies in terms of how details compare to your past experiences?
Nope.

Do you prefer to use already known or well-established methods/procedures to handle problems?
Yes!

Do you easily feel overwhelmed or anxious when confronted with a completely new situation you’ve never experienced before?
Slightly anxious. I do get the shakes but once I start talking to someone I calm down.

Do you get easily flustered when people/situations do not behave as you expect or if you are forced to improvise without enough guidance or rules?

People/situations, yes. I might get nervous but I can improvise easily.

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=29978]apathylex[/MENTION]

Option 4 is more like me. I told a family member and they looked at the options and said #4 covered me so well. Since I see him the most I trust him to see something I don't. He's definitely seen me at my lowest.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION]

Test was finished a 2:24 a.m.

I got isfj with Si > Fi > Fe = Se > Ni >Ne > Te > Ti

Kinda makes sense since I get isfp or isfj in tests.

And now I go to sleep. :sleeping:

These are your raw scores for temperament

NF=6;NT=-2;SP=0;SJ=-4

Which implies you are an NF.

But then you got this for your functions

Te=-5;Ti=-6;Fe=2;Fi=4;Ne=-3;Ni=-1;Se=2;Si=7

Which shows that Si is by far the highest with Fi behind that. So it confused the program. The logic said that since you were an Si dominant, and Fe was the next closest function in order that made any sense, you must be an ISFJ.

I would guess you could be ISFJ but you also could be INFP. It's kind of inconclusive.

Sunshine Smile

MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These are your raw scores for temperament

NF=6;NT=-2;SP=0;SJ=-4

Which implies you are an NF.

But then you got this for your functions

Te=-5;Ti=-6;Fe=2;Fi=4;Ne=-3;Ni=-1;Se=2;Si=7

Which shows that Si is by far the highest with Fi behind that. So it confused the program. The logic said that since you were an Si dominant, and Fe was the next closest function in order that made any sense, you must be an ISFJ.

I would guess you could be ISFJ but you also could be INFP. It's kind of inconclusive.

I confused a program! :shocking: That sounds like me.