• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Need Help

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
AH, that's probably why this is so hard.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I'm pretty sure at your age you might as well be typed as simply "INT."

- - - Updated - - -

With a slight possibility of being an INFJ.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=27495]Punderstorm[/MENTION] [MENTION=26919]EliaBlack[/MENTION] Ahh thanks for your help! So I guess I'll just have to make do with my curiosity for now, until I get older...

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My quick analysis, for what it's worth.

I worry constantly.

That screams N to me (in your head a lot of the time).

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
I can't really think of anything...

"Finest" is an F, evaluative, judgmental adjective. The fact that you think a lot but don't think about what may or may not be "the finest" period of your life indicates a preference for T to me.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm unable to keep up with an intellectual discussion with my friends because I don't understand what they are talking about.

Introverts, from my experience, are more likely to have concerns about their own capacity to engage in interpersonal activity (i.e. discussion), whereas extraverts are more likely to be completely comfortable "thinking out loud" and not worrying about whether their thoughts are fully-formed or sophisticated. Here, I say "I" for you.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
I think about the pros and cons of each decision and how it will affect anyone involved.

More N--thinking about future consequences. S types prefer to live in the present, and their thinking is more present-focused. Pretty sure about your N at this point. The fact that you're even posting here is also a sign of likely N-ness. Despite the fact that perhaps as much as 74% of the population is S, the majority of those who participate here are Ns.

I would like to have control of the outcome because I don't really trust others to complete it perfectly.

That sounds like a Socionics j to me. The Ps like to go with the flow and are more flexible.

I would prefer to have a hands-on experience.

That actually leans toward S. You may be very fairly-well dualized on the S/N axis. ISTP (ISTj in Socionics) is noted for preferring a hands-on learning experience.

I think I'm not a very organized person as my room is very messy. However, I do feel annoyed when I see the messiness, just that I am too lazy to organize them... When I do organize them, however, I would feel a sense of fufilledness.

That sounds like a judicious (Alpha or Delta quadrant j). I know a particular couple who are judicious js, and their home is a constant disaster. Both of them hate it. Neither of them has the "energy" to fix it.

That's enough for me.

My gut says INTP in M/B (INTj in Socionics, LII, Alpha).

See if this feels familiar: Socionics - the16types.info - INTj The Analyst Profile by Gulenko

I applaud your desire to understand yourself better. Hope I helped at least a bit. :cheers:

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] Wow thanks for your analysis! It really helps! I read the link that you sent and it really struck a chord with me! Especially the part about the Recommendations for self-improvement, where it says "You are in need of moral support in your endeavors. Try to associate with people who are determined and optimistic, who would from time to time encourage and help you to overcome your pessimism and lack of faith in yourself." Haha this is especially true as I'm quite a pessimistic person and I lack faith in myself. This too "Your other problem - difficulties in communicating with people, setting of large psychological distances... Sometimes you knowingly doom yourself to loneliness. Try not to be gloomy and morose. Smile and be kind more often" Wow this is really true! Sometimes I just choose not to talk during a discussion and avoid my friends sometimes, though I know very well that I am just dooming myself to loneliness. Just a question, what's the difference between the j from socionics and the J from MBTI? Are they the same, and why is the j non-capitalized? Also, why does Socionics have different function stacks from MBTI?
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! I'm sorry that I don't really understand the socionics things because I'm relatively new to this :)

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] Wow thanks for your analysis! It really helps! I read the link that you sent and it really struck a chord with me! Especially the part about the Recommendations for self-improvement, where it says "You are in need of moral support in your endeavors. Try to associate with people who are determined and optimistic, who would from time to time encourage and help you to overcome your pessimism and lack of faith in yourself." Haha this is especially true as I'm quite a pessimistic person and I lack faith in myself. This too "Your other problem - difficulties in communicating with people, setting of large psychological distances... Sometimes you knowingly doom yourself to loneliness. Try not to be gloomy and morose. Smile and be kind more often" Wow this is really true! Sometimes I just choose not to talk during a discussion and avoid my friends sometimes, though I know very well that I am just dooming myself to loneliness. Just a question, what's the difference between the j from socionics and the J from MBTI? Are they the same, and why is the j non-capitalized? Also, why does Socionics have different function stacks from MBTI?
Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! I'm sorry that I don't really understand the socionics things because I'm relatively new to this :)

My pleasure. :blush:

Frankly, I don't like and don't fully understand what Myers-Briggs-Kiersey had in mind with their J/P distinction, but, in Socionics, it's a question of needing and wanting to address conflict (j) and not needing to address and just "ignoring" and avoiding conflict (p). These letters are in lower case in Socionics not to de-emphasize them but to highlight them. A. Augusta (the founder of Socionics) postulated that any pair of js could work as a couple and any pair of ps could work as a couple (as conflict in relationships is unavoidable, and a couple must have the same desires and preferences regarding conflict resolution in order to function well together). The j/p axis is essential in Socionics because figuring out how to form lasting, loving relationships is Socionics' primary goal.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
My pleasure. :blush:

Frankly, I don't like and don't fully understand what Myers-Briggs-Kiersey had in mind with their J/P distinction, but, in Socionics, it's a question of needing and wanting to address conflict (j) and not needing to address and just "ignoring" and avoiding conflict (p). These letters are in lower case in Socionics not to de-emphasize them but to highlight them. A. Augusta (the founder of Socionics) postulated that any pair of js could work as a couple and any pair of ps could work as a couple (as conflict in relationships is unavoidable, and a couple must have the same desires and preferences regarding conflict resolution in order to function well together). The j/p axis is essential in Socionics, as figuring out how to form lasting, loving relationships is Socionics' primary goal.

Thanks for your help! So for example INTj in Socionics could mean both INTJ and INTP in MBTI? And one more thing though, how does the functional stack in socionics work? Do they have a specific order like in MBTI where for example Ti needs to go with Fe? Thanks!

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thanks for your help! So for example INTj in Socionics could mean both INTJ and INTP in MBTI? And one more thing though, how does the functional stack in socionics work? Do they have a specific order like in MBTI where for example Ti needs to go with Fe? Thanks!

OK. I now know I am dealing with a very bright person because you nailed a key problem in converting one's MBTI typology into Socionics. Here's what I can tell you. Extraverts convert directly. ENFJ in M/B = ENFj in Socionics. For introverts, it's different. An INTP in M/B may be either an INTp or an INTj in Socionics. The difference is whether the introvert leads with his or her dominant rational function (F or T), in which case said person would be a j in Socionics (fundamentally rational, which you seem to be), or whether said person leads with their dominant irrational function (N or S), in which case said person is a p in Socionics (fundamentally irrational, although that term should not be taken pejoratively, as irrationals are as "smart," "functional," and often "happier" than us poor js who are driven to address and eliminate conflict). I've often thought I'd be a lot happier as a p, and I am actually pretty-well dualized on that axis, but, still, I am essentially j, and while I mistyped myself for many years as an INTj (big laugh), I have never, through all my years of taking tests of this kind, flipped on the j/p axis--never.

Not sure if that answers your question, but I hope what I have given you is at least partially responsive and helpful.

Take a look at Model A to see how Socionics deals with functional stacks: Socionics - the16types.info - Model A: Blocks of the Socionic Model of the Psyche

The whole purpose of Model A is to help you identify your dual (a person best able to help you in areas where you both want and need help, i.e. your 5th and 6th Model A functions). Your dual's ego perfectly matches your 5th and 6th Model A functions. Your dual, just by being his or her "natural" self, is strongest and can help you in precisely the areas where you both want and need assistance (as opposed to, for example, your 3rd and 4th functions where you're weak and need assistance but don't really want assistance in those areas, generally speaking).

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
OK. I now know I am dealing with a very bright person because you nailed a key problem in converting one's MBTI typology into Socionics. Here's what I can tell you. Extraverts convert directly. ENFJ in M/B = ENFj in Socionics. For introverts, it's different. An INTP in M/B may be either an INTp or an INTj in Socionics. The difference is whether the introvert leads with his or her dominant rational function (F or T), in which case said person would be a j in Socionics (fundamentally rational, which you seem to be), or whether said person leads with their dominant irrational function (N or S), in which case said person is a p in Socionics (fundamentally irrational, although that term should not be taken pejoratively, as irrationals are as "smart," "functional," and often "happier" than us poor js who are driven to address and eliminate conflict). I've often thought I'd be a lot happier as a p, and I am actually pretty-well dualized on that axis, but, still, I am essentially j, and while I mistyped myself for many years as an INTj (big laugh), I have never, through all my years of taking tests of this kind, flipped on the j/p axis--never.

Not sure if that answers your question, but I hope what I have given you is at least partially responsive and helpful.

Take a look at Model A to see how Socionics deals with functional stacks: Socionics - the16types.info - Model A: Blocks of the Socionic Model of the Psyche

The whole purpose of Model A is to help you identify your dual (a person best able to help you in areas where you both want and need help, i.e. your 5th and 6th Model A functions). Your dual's ego perfectly matches your 5th and 6th Model A functions. Your dual, just by being his or her "natural" self, is strongest and can help you in precisely the areas where you both want and need assistance (as opposed to, for example, your 3rd and 4th functions where you're weak and need assistance but don't really want assistance in those areas, generally speaking).

Ahh now I get it... Thanks for enlightening me! I'll go and read up more about the link you sent me :) (And thanks for your compliment haha though I wouldn't say I'm exactly very bright)

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Oh yes, I have another question and I would grateful to anyone that helps! Based on my first post and additional things I have said (if any conclusion can possibly be arrived at), can someone help me determine my enneagram tritype and instinctual variant, and if I'm a LII-Ti or LII-Ne for socionics? Thanks! I really appreciate any help!

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh yes, I have another question and I would grateful to anyone that helps! Based on my first post and additional things I have said (if any conclusion can possibly be arrived at), can someone help me determine my enneagram tritype and instinctual variant, and if I'm a LII-Ti or LII-Ne for socionics? Thanks! I really appreciate any help!

LII-Ti places more emphasis on the T and S functions, while LII-Ne places more emphasis on N and F functions. Ask yourself, do you feel more T or N?

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmmm, have you taken any tests? If you relate to Ti more then you're likely an Ti subtype. I mean which subtype description do you relate to more?

I've not really read much subtype descriptions except for that websites' and I relate to Ti more. By tests do you mean like tests that include your subtype? Because the test I took only told me about my socionics which is LII.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've not really read much subtype descriptions except for that websites' and I relate to Ti more. By tests do you mean like tests that include your subtype? Because the test I took only told me about my socionics which is LII.

Tests, this test gives you the strength of the subtype.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Tests, this test gives you the strength of the subtype.

Here is the link to my results. I would appreciate if you helped to analyse it for me as I don't really understand what the 1 means before the Ne. Thanks!

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here is the link to my results. I would appreciate if you helped to analyse it for me as I don't really understand what the 1 means before the Ne. Thanks!

The 1 means that you have a weak preference for the Ne subtype.

Cold

And I'm sad. Again.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
The 1 means that you have a weak preference for the Ne subtype.

Ahh I see thanks for your help!

PS: An irrelevant question, how did you change the words above your avatar to say 'Killer Queen'?

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ahh I see thanks for your help!

PS: An irrelevant question, how did you change the words above your avatar to say 'Killer Queen'?

You go into settings then edit profile and there is an option for a user tittle, you change it to whatever you want.