• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I feel very depressed (and I'm mistyped). MBTI tips?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I actually think I might be an INTJ after further research, but might be an INTP still. Mods, if youre gonna move this, because it doesn't belong here, cause I honestly dont know where, please respond too, cause I do not want to get my hopes up with a notification and be shattered. I can't stop feeling depressed. I have expectations of people that no one can satisfy, even if I had a wide circle. I am always trying to call someone to offer advice or comfort, but it doesn't do anything, and people often don't return my calls, and I'm too depressed and minimalist to work before a college internship before moving out either then or around graduation. Maybe even then at this rate. I feel this is a Ni-Fi loop. I keep licking wounds and staying stuck in the past unable to progress. I just can't get myself to do anything. Either it's a Ni-Fi loop or Ti-Si loop. probably former. I just ant to move on with my life. no, the INTJ young lady didn't reject me, but she's part of it. I'm frustrated I can't talk to her. And everyone is being old and saying "wait till you finish college and can support a family, then worry about it." robotics. they're like robots. i got so desperate. and my mother is cold and has no feelings it seems, my aunt is cold and is a monster it seems, and my sister is mad at me for calling the cops on my brother for slapping me/hitting me. and then when she banned me from playing with her infant, i got mad and she and her husband got madder. my dad isn't talking to me and i dont want him to but islam says i have to maintain ties of kinship.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
My tip is to stop identifying with type. It is not your identity. Rather, it's just a theoretical map for how you process information and make decisions (MB), or alternately, an explanation for why you sometimes convince yourself you aren't whole as you are and what it is you think you need to strive for in order to get there (Enneagram).

A good step one is removing type from your profile and staying out of any "What is my type?" thread. Focus on hobbies and interests and.... fuck.... maybe health for awhile.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
If you are INTP, and stuck in a rut (Ti-Si) a willful effort to break out of your routine and engage in new opportunities can stimulate you and provide you with the psychic energy required to get a hold of yourself. Volunteer for an event. Try a new class (art or building). Make something with your hands.

If you are INTJ, and stuck in a rut (Ni-Fi) a willful effort to make an impact and organize your world can stimulate you and provide you with the psychic energy you need to get a hold of yourself. Organize your desk. Clean the kitchen. Plan a dinner with willing friends/family, but don't include anyone toxic.

I would recommend seeing a therapist or a counselor though. The feelings you speak about are beyond type. They will listen, without judgment, and offer you the comfort and support you are looking for.

Since it seems you are religious, I would also consider talking to your local imam or using those resources.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Focus on building yourself, not building your image. Otherwise you'll just end up wallowing and feeling even worse about yourself.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
The lack of paragraphs makes me think you're a perceiving type.

Tips ? Not necessarily MBTI related but don't overanalyze. perhaps lower expectations. What you mention seems pretty common, maybe even trivial. Find a distraction from your introspection, like music, running, ...my 2 cents. Good luck.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't believe that "looping" as a theory has any significant legitimacy. Generally speaking, whenever stuck in a rut, it is best to do the opposite of what you are currently "stuck" doing. If that consists of neurotic introspection or rumination, then yes... getting "outside of yourself" is the best thing to do.

I still highly recommend detaching from personality theory for awhile because it seems you are overly invested at present and are defaulting to the system to solve your problems, which is ineffective at best and disempowering at worst.

Lark

My tip is to stop identifying with type. It is not your identity. Rather, it's just a theoretical map for how you process information and make decisions (MB), or alternately, an explanation for why you sometimes convince yourself you aren't whole as you are and what it is you think you need to strive for in order to get there (Enneagram).

A good step one is removing type from your profile and staying out of any "What is my type?" thread. Focus on hobbies and interests and.... fuck.... maybe health for awhile.

I agree with that, unless its clinical depression or enduring situational depression with a need for some sort of medical intervention, in which case seek the doctors or counsellors or both.

In terms of MBTI PD is correct, its not the whole of it, only part of it I would say. At most. There are other characterologies besides MBTI too, not just socionics or enneagram either, Freud had a version in his psycho-sexual stage theory, Jung had the archetypes, Fromm had the adapative maladjustment typology corresponding to the having mode of existence and property relations, all that is just the tip of the ice berg too.

Hobbies and interests are great, Bertrand Russell wrote a great book called Conquest of Happiness and he said that relating to others and the world, impersonal interests or occupying pass times where all vital in maintaining yourself throughout life. Orwell wrote about private life and hobbies, no matter how seemingly trivial or frivolous (in fact sometimes for that very reason), where essential for individual welfare, happiness and resisting groupthink and tyranny even.