• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Here We Go Again

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There's a large group of people that say I'm ISTJ. There's a large group of people that say I'm ESFJ. There's a large group of people that say I'm dominant Ti, they disagree whether it's ISTP or INTP. There's a large group of people that say I'm INFJ. There's a large group of people that say I'm ExFP, they disagree whether it's ESFP or ENFP. There's a group of people, not very big but still a group, that say I'm ESTJ.

I don't know. I'm just trying to make sense of the inconsistent chaos of both claims by others, and my own understanding of myself. It's confusing, and frustrating, because these groups are so scattered that they only exclude dominant Fi, INTJ, auxiliary Ti, and auxiliary Ni.

I'm just trying to brainstorm. I need help. I ask for help. :/

Most recently, what I've been considering for myself is ESTJ 4w3 so/sx

I'm tired of questionnaires. I'm tired of people asking about me, for the purpose of typing me, and then I want to be their friend and I never hear from them again. So, instead of those old questionnaires . . . let's just have an open Q&A about whatever question you can imagine to ask me. Please try to be specific in your questions.

I think you’re you. Worrying so much about your type can alter your behavior and your comments are someone’s best way of determining which functions you appear to favor. Relax. Be yourself and yourself will flow onto the page and be plain for all to see and type. Does that give you instant insight and conformation? No. Life seldom yields what we want or need within the timeframe we desire. Such is existence.

Plus I’m rubbish at this typing thing. Now, I’m off to spend the evening with a wonderful lady and must bid you farewell. No charge for the wisdom. ;)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think you’re you. Worrying so much about your type can alter your behavior and your comments are someone’s best way of determining which functions you appear to favor. Relax. Be yourself and yourself will flow onto the page and be plain for all to see and type. Does that give you instant insight and conformation? No. Life seldom yields what we want or need within the timeframe we desire. Such is existence.

Plus I’m rubbish at this typing thing. Now, I’m off to spend the evening with a wonderful lady and must bid you farewell. No charge for the wisdom. ;)

Thank you for at least stopping by and posting your thoughts. I appreciate that very much. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The majority of online typings are drive-by typings. Don’t read into them too much.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The majority of online typings are drive-by typings. Don’t read into them too much.

Well those people shouldn't even be giving their opinions. :dry:

That's super frustrating for anyone that's honestly trying to find out who they are. :mad:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well those people shouldn't even be giving their opinions. :dry:

That's super frustrating for anyone that's honestly trying to find out who they are. :mad:

You might consider trying to take an official MBTI test administered by a licensed practitioner, or do a video typing with any one of the many YouTube typology channels

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You might consider trying to take an official MBTI test administered by a licensed practitioner, or do a video typing with any one of the many YouTube typology channels

My college offers an online one for free. I took it once and got INFP. I couldn't believe it, so I never took it seriously.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What was it that made this difficult to believe?

the Intuition part - I have a hard time with theory because I'm thinking "okay but that's not practical"

the Perceiving part - I mean I'm not really disciplined but I'm usually decisive and I can be narrow-minded at times

Introversion - sure I spend a lot of time alone but I want people in my life

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
the Intuition part - I have a hard time with theory because I'm thinking "okay but that's not practical"

the Perceiving part - I mean I'm not really disciplined but I'm usually decisive and I can be narrow-minded at times

Introversion - sure I spend a lot of time alone but I want people in my life

Itroverts need social interaction as well, and most infps want people in their lives. people who say otherwise are either lying or delusional.

I'm not saying you are def an INFP I don't know your type tbh

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Itroverts need social interaction as well, and most infps want people in their lives. people who say otherwise are either lying or delusional.

I'm not saying you are def an INFP I don't know your type tbh

thank you for the input anyway :)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Maybe you’re a thinking type.

No pun intended, seriously - I think so

lots of people say I'm a Feeler, but I almost never believe them

Metis

My opinion:

ISTJ - like I told you in PM, this is because interacting with you reminds me of a lot of interactions I have with ISTJs IRL. It's like the "same difference". The difference in communication style when interacting with you feels like the difference in communication style in those real life interactions. I have also had similar communication style differences with an ESTJ, so that sounds reasonable too.

5w6 or 6w5 - To me, you don't seem that fourish. Yes, you get irritated and you also express loneliness and sadness. Is that why you think 4? Or is there another reason? I think you seem more cerebral and doubting. Enneagram Personality Type 6: The Doubter

What do you think?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My opinion:

ISTJ - like I told you in PM, this is because interacting with you reminds me of a lot of interactions I have with ISTJs IRL. It's like the "same difference". The difference in communication style when interacting with you feels like the difference in communication style in those real life interactions. I have also had similar communication style differences with an ESTJ, so that sounds reasonable too.

5w6 or 6w5 - To me, you don't seem that fourish. Yes, you get irritated and you also express loneliness and sadness. Is that why you think 4? Or is there another reason? I think you seem more cerebral and doubting. Enneagram Personality Type 6: The Doubter

What do you think?

I have always felt inherently different from everyone. That's why I currently claim Four. I don't often have doubts. That's why I can come across as arrogant, stubborn, and opinionated. I try to avoid coming across that way, but it can be necessary when facing unfair opposition.

I agree about Five. However, I tend to be far more interested in understanding myself than humanity. I also tend to draw evidence from my personal observation, experience, and understanding instead of what's representative to anyone or anything that's different from what I know.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=26104]The Penguin[/MENTION]

Try this test:
Cognitive Function Test - IDR Labs

It is a personality test based on the cognitive functions.

I find it to be much more accurate than the more common tests. In my opinion, your perception of things has a big impact on if you score feeling or thinking on the more common tests. Which is not good.

Post a link to the results if you don't mind.

If I had to guess based on the little bit I've seen, I'd say ISTJ for you. Take the test though. I'm just announcing my guess for my own satisfaction.

Peace

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=26104]The Penguin[/MENTION]

Try this test:
Cognitive Function Test - IDR Labs

It is a personality test based on the cognitive functions.

I find it to be much more accurate than the more common tests. In my opinion, your perception of things has a big impact on if you score feeling or thinking on the more common tests. Which is not good.

Post a link to the results if you don't mind.

If I had to guess based on the little bit I've seen, I'd say ISTJ for you. Take the test though. I'm just announcing my guess for my own satisfaction.

Peace

Your most pronounced cognitive function is:
Extroverted Thinking

Your mental life revolves around efficiency, organization, and hard-nosed factual analysis with a focus on the bottom line. You are at your best when given managerial and executive responsibilities where you are free to reorganize and reform the matters around you according to analytical and impersonal standards that can be objectively demonstrated to ensure greater efficiency as well as a greater outcome for everyone involved. While your drive for achieving results and organizing everything within view may sometimes be thought bossy by the people around you, the irony is that you actually welcome disagreement and debate as long as the other party is willing to drill down and present a solution that is as cogent as your own. As a person you are likely to be strong in reasoning power, decisive, and great at organization. However, you are also likely to handle your social life and emotions in a somewhat incidental manner. Your most likely Jungian type is ENTJ or ESTJ.

Extroverted Thinking - 90%
Introverted Sensation - 77%
Introverted Feeling - 65%
Introverted Thinking - 64%
Extroverted Sensation - 58%
Extroverted Intuition - 55%
Extroverted Feeling - 27%
Introverted Intuition - 4%

source - Cognitive Function Test - IDR Labs

Last edited:

Metis

Your most pronounced cognitive function is:
Extroverted Thinking

Your mental life revolves around efficiency, organization, and hard-nosed factual analysis with a focus on the bottom line. You are at your best when given managerial and executive responsibilities where you are free to reorganize and reform the matters around you according to analytical and impersonal standards that can be objectively demonstrated to ensure greater efficiency as well as a greater outcome for everyone involved. While your drive for achieving results and organizing everything within view may sometimes be thought bossy by the people around you, the irony is that you actually welcome disagreement and debate as long as the other party is willing to drill down and present a solution that is as cogent as your own. As a person you are likely to be strong in reasoning power, decisive, and great at organization. However, you are also likely to handle your social life and emotions in a somewhat incidental manner. Your most likely Jungian type is ENTJ or ESTJ.

Extroverted Thinking - 90%
Introverted Sensation - 77%
Introverted Feeling - 65%
Introverted Thinking - 64%
Extroverted Sensation - 58%
Extroverted Intuition - 55%
Extroverted Feeling - 27%
Introverted Intuition - 4%

source - Cognitive Function Test - IDR Labs

What do you think of the test? Did it seem like it was easy to answer the questions without being influenced by your own biases regarding what the outcome should be?

That's one of the problems I usually have with these tests.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you think of the test? Did it seem like it was easy to answer the questions without being influenced by your own biases regarding what the outcome should be?

That's one of the problems I usually have with these tests.

Yes, I thought the questions were pretty easy to answer. It's good that it wasn't just "agree or disagree" but they had levels for "somewhat agree" and "somewhat disagree" and "uncertain" - actually it's just a slider, I came up with those labels for it. It helped with some questions where I wasn't 100% in either direction.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=4010]Penguin[/MENTION]
So looking at the all of your cognitive function %s, the test agrees with xstj. Your introverted sensing is second and introverted intuition is actually your lowest function, so the test sort of rules out entj. With higher introverted feeling and lower extraveted intuition, that points to a possibility of istj.

Speaking from my experience/opinion, cognitive functions are how one should look at typology. Thinking about the letters that suit you is the wrong way to do it.

Don't worry about everyone's chatter, I think it's unclear whether your e or i, but the stj seems clear.