• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gladly seeking help in identifying myself! What am i?

Asharto

Hey guys, I'm new to this personality forum, so if you would be patient with me that would be fantastic. Umm... So i am having trouble finding out what MBTI personality I am. The only thing that I am pretty certain about would be that I am an NF? So I was hoping that you guys maybe can help me identify what type I sound like, by asking me any questions which I would try my best to answer.
Sorry if this is misclassified or something , just wanted to get started

by hyggelig

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
My introvert/extravert part and my judging/perceiving part is right on the dot for most tests. Also sometimes i feel and think that i act contradictory to the type that i was typed in thus making me question my type. This has happened a few times now, when i thought i was an infp, enfp or infj.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
A bit embarrassing to say this because i think it sounds very childish and immature but honestly i feel a need for companionship right now. There is this girl that im so head over heels for but well im not doing very well in that right now. To answer the question more to how it was meant to be answered, i yearn for acceptance and understanding. I also yearn to be a person of change and to inspire others. I yearn for fulfillment and i believe that this is possible through my faith. I love people, I love living out life to the best of my abilities, to be able to enjoy the ride. I yearn for happiness, love, helping, and trusting others.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
One time i felt at my finest would be at a church camp. In this camp i found peace in myself, i found comfort and solace, and with that i was able to help others and enjoy myself the best way that i can. There was this absolute conviction in my faith that help ground me, that made me someone that i liked. When i was able to let go and let God. Gosh now i feel so bad for bringing religion into this. I do not like being pushy. But to be honest this is an important part of me and without it, i do not think i will be able to be typed correctly.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When my actions are questioned. I take things a bit personally in that whilst i give suggestions i would greatly appreciate the other person taking the time to listen and take it in. So when someone rejects me or acts in a way that rejects my suggestions i feel hurt. However, it should be noted that i understand that criticism is important and i value it a lot, without criticism, progress cannot be made. I feel inferior in my attractiveness. I am 18 and feel kinda sad that no one has ever confessed to me haha, immature i know. But it really sucks you know? Feeling like im not attractive. I feel inferior in my emotional stability. Recently ive been having weird panic attacks, they make me wonder why im having them. Lastly, i also hate it when people make definite conclusions or statements of what i am. When people underestimate me, i work harder to prove them wrong, when people overestimate me i feel insecure, knowing that inside i am not who they think i am. Its kinda like balancing you know?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
How the other person would feel takes up the most space in my mind. Also whether my decision is right or the best decision at that point of time. How i feel about it is like automatic for me, i would think ' this is how i feel. okay. now how does the other person feel?' so in my thought process that weighs on my decisions. In my actions how i feel really shows, in that if i do not like something it affects me quite a bit. For analyzing situations i like to have all the facts presented to me and i would do the best that i can to analyse the situation and best course of action based on those facts. Pro's and con's make it abit hard for me to make a decision because i want to have the best of both worlds haha XD

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
My emphasis would be brainstorming for ideas and other stuff that could possibly come into account at the start of the project. All needed info gets told at the start. Then a plan would be formed as structure is necessary, as order is important. I would try my best to follow the plan as much as possible and i would get agitated or stressed out when i don't understand what is going on or if there are miscommunication. I also emphasize teamwork because there is only so much you can do alone. Together, we can help each other, support one another and do things thought impossible. Understanding the other persons situation is important. The outcome matters but i really want to enjoy the journey. It takes up so much more time then the outcome anyways.

7) Describe a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Going to Taiwan? Umm.. not quite sure how to answer this, but i think that having fun happens unpredictably and all the time. Just enjoy the moment i guess.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you?
Oh, umm economics seems very common sense. Behaviour and management makes sense as well. Music maybe? Logical things make sense. Really a bit at a loss in answering this question.

9) How organized do you think of yourself as?
I like having structure. A basic skeleton is important. However, i like the freedom to do things and brainstorm. I do not think i am very organised. I expect my answers to this question to be a bit jumbled up and confusing to most people, hopefully some of you have the patience to work through this with me!( Isnt this a bit selfish? Answering in a way that doesnt take into account the reader?) Thus my answers are not very organised.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
I love new ideas! I have to always take in new ideas, understand the logic behind it see whether they make sense. Afterwards i try too see similar situations in which a similar method has worked and i judge based on that. I find it infuriating when people are not open-minded and think that theories etc are definite. All these theories came from new ideas at that point of time. Our current way of thinking may not be right! Thus it is important to take in new ideas. It's also important to judge ideas on how viable they are, but only after all factors have been taken into account. I would entertain all ideas, keeping them in mind for the future.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
Its important to find a balance between yourself and your peers. I think i find harmony by knowing my own direction and my own beliefs, and then doing my best to help others whilst keeping in mind this knowledge of myself. This is the ideal way and i try to get a new person to feel comfortable, making available my help if i see that they need it. I don't like forcing people, but i will help in what way that i can, maybe from a distance. I find harmony when everyone helps each other.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I think i speak without thinking. many times i blurt out something wrong because i didn't give it much thought. Im trying to speak less now, to gather my thoughts and speak carefully. I prefer one on one communication and small groups because in these groups, we talk more real topics. If there was a way for group discussions to talk about those topics then that would be amazeballs. I find it easier to convey information in smaller groups, but if i want to just do nonsense the group discussions can be fun. Often i feel like my voice is not being heard in group discussions, but this may be due to younger issues.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I don't mind both ways. The unpredictableness of action can be pretty exhilarating at times, but it is also important to be cautious and not rush into things. Depends on the situation, whichever is more appropriate and needed. Actions speak louder than words. However, words can do big things as well so dont underestimate their power. In my case though, I find that I do the best when i don't talk and just do it.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
Depends on how im feeling and maybe who the friend is. I would like to say either, but i often am lazy to go out haha. I enjoy their company a lot but i may be too lazy to go out.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
Wow, i freak out a bit. Recently been having panic attacks and i become more introverted. It can become quite obvious that im stressed.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
I hate people that don't think about others. I also don't like people that are fake, because I can sense it and it weirds me out. Its like they are not willing to be vulnerable. I dont like people that choose to be fake over being themself. Other than these i still find value in all personality types. Every personality has a good and bad. Heck sometimes the 'bad' is good in a different situation!

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
Deep stuff. Those are powerful topics. But small talk can be fun too, i just gotta find the effort to contribute in these kinda talks. I like talking about how the other person feels and maybe why.

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
I dont know, if i pay them the least attention then i wont know right hahaa. Its weird but i've found out that i often dont notice people sometimes, which is a bit contradictory considering the fact that i want to help others so much.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?
Many people see me as confident. I'm not. Really not. Its a mask i put up but inside i'm shaking. Hard. Some people may think that i dont care about myself. I do. Its just that i care differently. People see me as weird and im okay with that. That's fun actually. The girl i liked told me that im socially awkward but that may be just around her. Its only awkward if you make it so. Friends would never say that I am... umm idk.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
Fun stuff. I like hanging out with friends and taking some time to watch movies or anime by myself. Reading books is also fun.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
Try some of the questionnaire thing and post it here so we can get an idea how you would response to certain situations. Some tests are unreliable and does not relate on how the mbti works and either way, it's an incomplete work. Mostly, check out the functions and see what you use most. Uhh

Asharto

Try some of the questionnaire thing and post it here so we can get an idea how you would response to certain situations. Some tests are unreliable and does not relate on how the mbti works and either way, it's an incomplete work. Mostly, check out the functions and see what you use most. Uhh

I have updated my post! Would appreciate it if you could check it out! It's a bit lengthy tho

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
\o_O/ I can't tell if your Ni dom or tert, or Fe dom or tert either. I realise I have work in 30 min I'll re-read your words again, be assured. (Or maybe wait for other members of the community.)

Keikoppi

MBTI Type
Orly
Enneagram
mia
Question 4 confuses me and your intention. It contradict the beginning of your statement. It's best not to be typed when you're down. Don't worry about some questions too much (I've yet to find a good questionnaire either).

And...

See ISFJ. {My guess}

I wonder what others think also.

Asharto

Question 4 confuses me and your intention. It contradict the beginning of your statement. It's best not to be typed when you're down. Don't worry about some questions too much (I've yet to find a good questionnaire either).

And...

See ISFJ. {My guess}

I wonder what others think also.

Haha, I wasn't down. I think what I meant in question 4 is that when I'm questioned I don't like it, but I accept the value of criticism.