• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fatalism and Ne

Does Free Will Exist?

• No, because God created everything according to His sacred plan. (Calvinism)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure, and we will never know. (Hard Agnostism)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There're two main issues:
1) having the same references and understanding of them;
2) following a reasoning other than our own.

It helps is essential to first establish a common definition and understanding of terminology before using references, otherwise the result is each person talking to themselves and nobody else grasping wtf they on about, because their understanding of the meaning of words is different, or cannibalizing their reasoning to fit oneself's understanding and narrative.

And while the latter always happens, because 3) no telepathy exists, the core issue is having the same understanding of terminology to start with, while acceptance of the other party's reasoning is a separate challenge. They are often intertwined because of failure at 1), even if conscious effort is made, because 3).

Example: The understanding of
a) God vs Devil as Good vs Evil, as a reference to morality in human experience;

b) God as an all knowing entity - is different from a) but often these two are correlated in religion, like Christianity;

c) Extending the meaning of God as an entity that represents existence, as a consciousness, a form of awareness at the scale of the Cosmos, thus beyond the human grasp of consciousness of the self, is different from a) and b). Problem.

This in itself a big challenge for most of the population trapped in the daily dream of thought, Eastern philosophies advocate practices like meditation in order to bridge that disconnect.

I my previous post, my reference of God was aligned with c), and I didn't make that clear, thus a potential can of clusterfuck ensued.

Is this your longest post ever? ;)

Well put. I am too lazy to be a philosopher. Those subjects do deserve their own threads and I guess I follow that (c) that you described but that is another matter. :)

Permabanned

Well put. I am too lazy to be a philosopher. Those subjects do deserve their own threads and I guess I follow that (c) that you described but that is another matter. :)

idk :shrug:

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

He reminds me of Spinoza.

Permabanned
Via quick wiki, I can see that.

pRNgWqZ.gif

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Butterfly affect. The world is destined due to it being set into motion. Its impossible to prove otherwise.

That being said...i have no issues living a predestined life. Its new to me and unravels as i go.