• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ESFJ or no?

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You remind me so much of myself in the undertones...Not ESFJ, no. Although things therein are each to other like more than on earth is thought.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
do you talk fast with a smile

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
i stand by entj 9w8 or 9w1 or 2w3 so sp for now

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] Thanks for the reply! What stood out as ESFP to you?

Se - Sports, friends, chillin', extraversion seems predominant whereas introversion is like you'd want to be by yourself for a good amount of time or can only tolerate one person at a time (like me :D )

Fi - Your gut feeling and how it relates to you primarily, you are a feeler because you care about harmony but yet you don't manifest yourself like an Fe dom would (I'm kind of suspicious of some people who identify themselves with XXFJ here a lot, except for INFJ, but that's just me)

Te - can be source of both pleasure in maintaining the environment, but also can be used wrong where you can boss people around, you have more control over this than an IXFP would

Ni - interest in principle behind things, the inferior for everyone will come to be everyone's favorite and color their personality quite well, however based on your lifestyle, Ni isn't primarily your thing.

DreamBeliever

So, nothing about your answers really screams ESFJ/Fe dom to me. But, I'm also comparing you to myself (unintentionally), so it's tricky. Want to answer some more semi-random questions? Also, for what it's worth, I definitely don't think you are a Te-dom either.

- If you were planning an outfit for a wedding you are attending what things would you consider?

- What actions of others close to you leave you feeling most hurt/betrayed?

- In a group setting do you generally find yourself to be one of the more dominant personalities?

- If you were planning a vacation, how would you go about doing it?

- A nice dress that looks good on me, that I feel good in, & is appropriate for the occasion but isn't too distracting. Shoes that I can move in & don't hurt my feet much, but aren't too plain & compliment my dress. A statement necklace that ties everything together & adds a little something to the look. Possibly a small clutch purse that could hold my money & maybe a few other items. Also, I'd paint my nails to match. If it was fall/winter I'd bring a nice jacket or sweater too.

- When someone doesn't believe me about something, when people make me feel like a bother, when people do something selfish, when people talk about me behind my back, when people compare me to other people, when people yell at me, & when people make me feel dispensable.

- Not really. I can be very silly sometimes & be the one joking around, but I wouldn't say I have a dominant personality. If it's people I'm close to, I like to make sure everyone's having a fun time. I can be more quiet around new people.

- I'd look into hotels ahead of time & check a lot of sites to make sure I'm getting the best price. I'd do the same with finding a flight, if I was traveling by plane. I'd book my flight & stay at least a few weeks ahead of time. I'd figure out a few places I want to visit, like a museum or something. I wouldn't plan out times too much, unless there were a lot of places I wanted to get to, & they closed at certain times. I wouldn't want to wake up too early while on vacation, so I'm not too keen on setting an early alarm. I also would like enough down time to rest while there & enough free time to sight see. I wouldn't over pack. I could always buy more things wherever I'm going. If I was going somewhere for a week, I'd probably bring 3 sets of pants, a dress, 3 different shirts: at least 1 being a dressy one, a jacket, a cardigan, 3 pairs of shoes: something dressy, tennis shoes, & flip flops/boots/sandals depending on the whether, & a couple pairs of pajamas. I'd make sure to bring things to keep me occupied on the plane, like a book & something to listen to music.

DreamBeliever

Se - Sports, friends, chillin', extraversion seems predominant whereas introversion is like you'd want to be by yourself for a good amount of time or can only tolerate one person at a time (like me :D )

Fi - Your gut feeling and how it relates to you primarily, you are a feeler because you care about harmony but yet you don't manifest yourself like an Fe dom would (I'm kind of suspicious of some people who identify themselves with XXFJ here a lot, except for INFJ, but that's just me)

Te - can be source of both pleasure in maintaining the environment, but also can be used wrong where you can boss people around, you have more control over this than an IXFP would

Ni - interest in principle behind things, the inferior for everyone will come to be everyone's favorite and color their personality quite well, however based on your lifestyle, Ni isn't primarily your thing.

I know that sports are ofren attributed to Se, but other types besides ESxPs must be into them too, right? Thanks for your explanation, btw. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Right now I'm too busy packing for a trip tomorrow to weigh in, and even though [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]'s probably too apathetic to read another questionnaire she might have an idea based on your forum presence so I'm tagging her since her typings are pretty solid.

DreamBeliever

Right now I'm too busy packing for a trip tomorrow to weigh in, and even though [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]'s probably too apathetic to read another questionnaire she might have an idea based on your forum presence so I'm tagging her since her typings are pretty solid.

Thanks. :) Enjoy your trip!

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think I would also tentatively vote for ESFP, definitely ESFx. But, ultimately you know what describes you best. I would read about cognitive functions and see if you relate more to Fi or Fe, Si or Se. :)

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
To be honest with you o am shocked too but it does not need to make sense to you

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i'm too lazy to post, never too lazy to read! mostly because i never have a concrete reason for typing people, i just get impressions from them. and people always want "evidence" or "reasons" and i don't have that shit.

anyway, i skimmed the thread and don't see any reason to doubt your self typing. you seem more Si/Ne to me than Se/Ni. maybe a 9 fix enneagram wise which makes you a little less judger-y. i think 9 fixes are pretty common for ESFJs and make them more laid back seeming.

baccheion

i'm too lazy to post, never too lazy to read! mostly because i never have a concrete reason for typing people, i just get impressions from them. and people always want "evidence" or "reasons" and i don't have that shit.

anyway, i skimmed the thread and don't see any reason to doubt your self typing. you seem more Si/Ne to me than Se/Ni. maybe a 9 fix enneagram wise which makes you a little less judger-y. i think 9 fixes are pretty common for ESFJs and make them more laid back seeming.

What type does it seem I am?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know that sports are ofren attributed to Se, but other types besides ESxPs must be into them too, right? Thanks for your explanation, btw. :)

Yes, of course any type can be interested. It's just (in my opinion) the occurence of when, how, and why would you be interested in an activity it would differ among types for most Se types I think it's rather the concept of having this physical intuition on where the ball goes, being in the moment, the rush of adrenaline that comes from it, working with what you do best, making immediate instinctual decisions in the present.

An Si/Ne type would see sports of what and how many ways manifest can I kick this ball go around, or collecting stats about certain professional players, knowing how the rules of the game work and how it's executed (perhaps an ISTJ would think this way.)

An INXJ would have Se as their inferior function so usually those who are low in sensation tend to find sports or physical activity quite dull because there's hardly any meaning or practical wisdom (well unless you're Albert Camus (he's supposedly INFP) ;) ) However, other reasons such as you're playing sports just to feel part of the community, or you're helping someone purely for that reason may be an Fe judgment. I think sports isn't just as all about the game itself but rather an interrelationship with human society.

Anyway I might be going off on a tangent, but I honestly could care less about sports UNTIL it has either any sort of devotion, like for example I didn't care about World Cup Football (or Soccer you could call it that) until I saw it was the Netherlands vs France and suddenly I was like well, I can't get out of the situation in the house, and I might just contribute to the overall atmosphere of the people watching when suddenly I remembered my favorite DJ is Armin Van Buuren and he was wearing a Netherlands shirt at one of his shows, so suddenly and SOMEHOW I was like YEAH WOOOH, and this rush like it came out of thin air came out of my body and then for the first time I came to know that now I know why people like sports. But I can't get like that into every game because Idc about the people who live close to me or far, it has to be very meaningful or a huge part of my life. (You could argue where I live is a part of my life, but it doesn't have an active influence on me, rather I have to work it within myself)

So yeah long-winded but not complete explanation on why other types can feel invigorated or at least somewhat interested by sports.

DreamBeliever

To be honest with you o am shocked too but it does not need to make sense to you

If you're basing my type off of how I'm like when I'm stressed, then I don't think you'll get an accurate typing. I mean, sometimes I'm flying off the handles when stressed, & other times I barricade myself in my room & won't respond to anyone. Sometimes I party my troubles away, & other times I won't answer my phone at all for a week or 2. Sometimes I blow up at people, & other times I avoid certain people like the plague for awhile. It all depends.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Still points to se. First inferior
If you were to inferior ti
You would still party
You would have ask
What would happen if you did
such and such and this could