• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Traditional Enneagram] Enneagramic Development (When?)

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Judging from the way we discuss MBTI here on the forum, I comfortably assume that it is unanimously agreed that people need to at least hit puberty to be typed. But what about Enneagram? Enneagram is fundamentally different from MBTI and is more Freudian in nature. Some sources associate childhood experience to enneagram cores, but I will note that these few sources are either really old or widely dismissed. Y'know, pages that also link to zodiac stuff or a $90 holistic smoothie recipe. Stuff like that.

This question stems from a conversation I had with my mother yesterday. She was feeling nostalgic and mentioned how when I was a kid, I hated taking baths and showers for no apparent reason. This was confusing to me because I've never hated showers or baths, I just hated the time they took. I revealed to her that as a child, I had a irrational fear of people just abandoning me while I was in the shower. While she was shocked, she wasn't surprised. My parents have a tendency to just leave to go on vacation all the time. It's a side effect from having free flights. They still do.

I bring up that because if I didn't know better, I would associate that with the source of e2 and e7 in me. The sacrifice of being comfortable and clean for the sake of being around others and the suppression of fear by ignoring it all together. I've been trying to catalog all these little snippets of my childhood because I really do see a correlation. I want to hear your thoughts on this, your childhood memories.