• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram Triads Quiz

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
UPDATED VERSION IN DEVELOPMENT

This quiz attempts to identify your most likely core type based on the intersections of triad groups. It is not designed to give tritypings. Your core type should be one of the top three results.

I personally created this quiz and am still in the process of refining it. If you take it and want to help with calibration, either post or PM me your answer choices along with your result. Please share any suggestions and corrections. I'm also willing to do scorecards that show which triad you chose for each question if requested (but I will need your specific answers).

Enneagram Triads Quiz

More information on the triads can be found in the Patterns & Structures section of this website: The Enneagram

Type excerpts are from here: The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
6>2>5>7>9>4>8>1>3

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6>2>5>7>9>4>8>1>3

Did we ever figure out why you keep getting such a high 2 score? Was it because of the Compliant and Positive triads?

Edit: Looking at the stack up, it looks like you scored a lot of points in Head group and Positive Outlook.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Did we ever figure out why you keep getting such a high 2 score? Was it because of the Compliant and Positive triads?

Basically, yeah.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Results
Your Result: One
86%

Five @ 86%
Seven @ 86%
Nine @ 74%
Four @ 62%
Two @ 46%
Three @ 36%
Six @ 36%
Eight @ 0%

Working on the scoring now. I find it fascinating that you tied in types 1, 5, 7. When I try to think of what they have in common...

1 and 5 are both competency types but your 3 score is low enough that I doubt that's where the majority of points are coming from.
5 and 7 are head types but again, 6 is low enough that I doubt that's where most of your points are coming from.
1 and 7 are frustration types and 4 is high enough that *that* could be where the overlap is occurring.

Anyway, I'll PM you the actual breakdown for each question. Thanks for taking my quiz!

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
6rFwqHp.png

Look at that sad, sad 1 score.

Guessing I picked all the reactive triad answers.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You must've checked off all the Reactive triad choices because that's the cleanest Top 3 stack up I've seen so far.

Yeah I did. Those were standout choices for me ... the others were a bit more ambivalent.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
this is a pretty good test to help narrow down what your core is imo, but not as reliable for tritype yet

28e89cf0ea21ec1337237bdb5081369f.png

according to my results, i'm stealing [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION]'s look and becoming 741

á´…eparted

passages
6<4<5<2<1<8<7<3<9

I knew this test was gonna give me 6 as I was answering these. It might be because I am under a lot of stress currently and dealing with a lot of uncertainty/anxiety. Regardless, based on these I don't think it would pick up on me being a 1.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
this is a pretty good test to help narrow down what your core is imo, but not as reliable for tritype yet

28e89cf0ea21ec1337237bdb5081369f.png

according to my results, i'm stealing [MENTION=23222]senza tema[/MENTION]'s look and becoming 741

I wouldn't even know where to begin making this tritype compatible. I probably won't though because it'd throw the triads out of whack. I'll have to turn it over for a bit.

And the results suggest that the Head and Frustration groups were where you got the most points.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6<4<5<2<1<8<7<3<9

I knew this test was gonna give me 6 as I was answering these. It might be because I am under a lot of stress currently and dealing with a lot of uncertainty/anxiety. Regardless, based on these I don't think it would pick up on me being a 1.

Do you have some suggestions for improving the Body and other 1 group responses?

From the stack you posted, it looks like the Reactive and Rejection triads were where you scored the most points.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
My brain exploded with some questions I hadn't asked myself before. Good quiz!! I sometimes felt two answers were correct, so I did it twice:

1st time: 5 - 1 - 9 - 3 - 4 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 2

2nd time: 4 - 5 - 1 - 3 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 2

The second time gives similar results to other tests I've taken, and I changed only two answers, #3 (from "self-expression" to "ability to support myself", because I'm not good at expressing myself, but I also feel I'm my worst enemy) and #4 (from "preserving autonomy" to "taking stock of things that make me who I am", because I do those things simultaneously, taking stock of what makes me "me" while preserving autonomy = hiding inside my house, where I can be my own boss).

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My brain exploded with some questions I hadn't asked myself before. Good quiz!! I sometimes felt two answers were correct, so I did it twice:

1st time: 5 - 1 - 9 - 3 - 4 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 2

2nd time: 4 - 5 - 1 - 3 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 2

The second time gives similar results to other tests I've taken, and I changed only two answers, #3 (from "self-expression" to "ability to support myself", because I'm not good at expressing myself, but I also feel I'm my worst enemy) and #4 (from "preserving autonomy" to "taking stock of things that make me who I am", because I do those things simultaneously, taking stock of what makes me "me" while preserving autonomy = hiding inside my house, where I can be my own boss).

yay! One of my worries was that the questions were too vague or that the answer choices didn't "sync" with the questions that well.

Both results suggest that you favored the Withdrawn and Competency groups.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
6 (86%)
7 (58%)
4 (49%)
8 (45%)
3 (39%)
9 (39%)
2 (36%)
1 (28%)
5 (19%)

Very interesting. I have never, ever had 8 as a high result, nor have I had 2 or 9 that far down. But 6 was quite high so I guess that confirms the typing I have now (which I've become comfortable with).

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yay! One of my worries was that the questions were too vague or that the answer choices didn't "sync" with the questions that well.

Both results suggest that you favored the Withdrawn and Competency groups.

Oh yeah. I did think some of the questions were too vague. I might need to look back and see which ones they wereally.

I got 6 in case anyone was wondering.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I must be in an unusual headspace. i got 6 and i've always scored low on 6.

Starry

I must be in an unusual headspace. i got 6 and i've always scored low on 6.

haha...I was just coming here to say that I got 6!

**Mine went something like

6>8>4>and then 7
I am definitely in a weird headspace though