• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you like the taste of blood?

What do you think of DiscoBiscuit's Claim?

• I'm unsure, but I know a few people personally (friends, family) who have tasted blood and liked it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
This seems absolutely true to me as well, as a general rule.

I think that if Biden wins and there's no longer legal coordination between the mentally ill extremist right and U.S. law enforcement - and people capable of using dialogue to sort out conflict are once again in charge, instead of the bullying orange Neanderthal who uses the U.S. military to bully to compensate for his inability to understand, recognize, or participate in dialogue - then the bloodthirsty extremist right will once again be considered (from a legal standpoint, albeit perhaps not formally at first) domestic terrorism.

Trump will of course be tweeting from the sidelines with the rest of the usual suspects, peddling conspiracy theories and whatnot to fan flames, but I think having a grown-up in charge again to put forward a mature perspective when things happen (like someone who will make a statement about how the wrongdoing their own side does is wrong and it needs to stop, instead of making up stories about the wrongdoing the other side does whilst being unwilling to condemn even murder committed by their own side) will be a calming influence. I mean, if Trump loses (and manages to finally concede short of being killed whilst removing him from the premises), of course his narcissistic rage will be off the charts and he'll do and tweet anything he can to incite the apocalyptic results he's promised will happen in "Biden's America." But since he will no longer have yes men planted in the highest offices in the government, he won't be able to protect the people who enact the violence he encourages and ultimately I think there will be less chaos if he loses.

The bolded part seems to be the center of your post: Things will be better if we have someone in charge who is better at message-crafting. But that's just another word for "spin." We already have the media doing that for us daily. As well as every single politician. Everyone is spinning; shuffling one spinner in and another spinner out won't really change anything; everyone is still spinning.

I say that we need some bi-partisan commission to sit down and really look at things like how cops are trained, rules on use of body cameras, and what the expectations are on cops when things turn violent, and so on. Bring some clarity and transparency as to what's expected when cops and criminals interact. And more of the same for other similar problems in society.

In other words, really tackle the problems. Don't just do message-crafting and spinning.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, that's probably the opinion of many people who remain blind to Trump's pathological lying and how extraordinary it is.

Just the same, I'll take mature diplomatic "spin" over juvenile and senselessly divisive "spin" in a leader any day of the week.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah, that's probably the opinion of many people who remain blind to Trump's pathological lying and how extraordinary it is.

Just the same, I'll take mature diplomatic "spin" over juvenile and senselessly divisive "spin" in a leader any day of the week.

Who even listens to Trump? Everyone knows he's a blowhard and a hustler. He has even admitted it himself. I'm all for replacing Trump with a better individual. But I don't think it would change anything. You would still have the media spinning away as always. Personally, I think the media is much more of a problem in that regard. And you can't really do anything about the media.

I don't really care whether Biden wins or Trump wins; I don't think it will change all that much. Society is going through some big changes, and a mere change of messaging coming out of the White House won't resolve all of that. More is needed: Like really looking at what's happening in society itself.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This seems absolutely true to me as well, as a general rule.

I think that if Biden wins and there's no longer legal coordination between the mentally ill extremist right and U.S. law enforcement - and people capable of using dialogue to sort out conflict are once again in charge, instead of the bullying orange Neanderthal who uses the U.S. military to bully to compensate for his inability to understand, recognize, or participate in dialogue - then the bloodthirsty extremist right will once again be considered (from a legal standpoint, albeit perhaps not formally at first) domestic terrorism.

Trump will of course be tweeting from the sidelines with the rest of the usual suspects, peddling conspiracy theories and whatnot to fan flames, but I think having a grown-up in charge again to put forward a mature perspective when things happen (like someone who will make a statement about how the wrongdoing their own side does is wrong and it needs to stop, instead of making up stories about the wrongdoing the other side does whilst being unwilling to condemn even murder committed by their own side) will be a calming influence. I mean, if Trump loses (and manages to finally concede short of being killed whilst removing him from the premises), of course his narcissistic rage will be off the charts and he'll do and tweet anything he can to incite the apocalyptic results he's promised will happen in "Biden's America." But since he will no longer have yes men planted in the highest offices in the government, he won't be able to protect the people who enact the violence he encourages and consequently I think there will be less chaos if he loses.
I agree. When people see someone in authority getting away with certain behaviors, they are emboldened to do those same behaviors themselves. It much like children and their parents, but with that segment of the population who still functions with stunted reasoning. It's very real that people copy what they see, especially in authority figures. Monkey see monkey do - true for humanity as well.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
I just had to quote that. Had to.

I always said that Trump was just a protest vote. He was a protest vote against SJWs, political correctness, liberal scorn for working-class "deplorables," etc. You don't have to like the guy or listen to him. He's just a protest vote for many of his "supporters" (maybe even most).

Jaguar

I always said that he was just a protest vote. A vote against SJWs, political correctness, liberal scorn for blue-collar "deplorables," etc. You don't have to like the guy or listen to him. He's just a protest vote for many (maybe even most).

Hillary Clinton used that word, as in "basket of deplorables." Put the blame squarely where it belongs.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
Hillary Clinton used that word, as in "basket of deplorables." Put the blame squarely where it belongs.

You're nitpicking. That term has gotten a broader meaning over time. Sort of like Hillary's supporters adopting the "nasty woman" branding, without necessarily knowing exactly when and where Trump said it.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
No, I was directly quoting her.

And I wasn't. I was referring to the term "deplorables" that has become a rallying point for Trump supporters. Hillary's exact terminology is beside the point, given the context where I brought it up. Cut out the dumb nitpicking.

Jaguar

And I wasn't. I was referring to the term "deplorables" that has become a rallying point for Trump supporters. Hillary's exact terminology is beside the point, given the context where I brought it up. Cut out the dumb nitpicking.

I'll quote Hillary Clinton whenever I choose.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
right wing types thinking that people rioting are big joe biden supporters is hilarious.

joe biden is the president of ANTIFA!!!

Lark

I always said that Trump was just a protest vote. He was a protest vote against SJWs, political correctness, liberal scorn for working-class "deplorables," etc. You don't have to like the guy or listen to him. He's just a protest vote for many of his "supporters" (maybe even most).

I can think of better things to protest about to be honest, if the commies had known the US was THIS easy to mess with they'd have won the Cold War instead of just the current rematch.

Jaguar

There are peaceful protesters, some holding vigils. Do I think those very same people turn into violent wackos, looting criminals, just because the hand on a clock moves from one hour to the next? No, I do not. But the Trump campaign would try and get you to believe they are all one and the same.

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
I can think of better things to protest about to be honest, if the commies had known the US was THIS easy to mess with they'd have won the Cold War instead of just the current rematch.

Whatever. It is what it is. Here is the truth that Democrats don't like to face: That Trump was a protest vote.

If Trump supporters had wanted a real Republican, they would have voted for Cruz or whatever during the 2016 primaries. But they didn't want a real Republican. They just wanted to stick their thumb in the eye of the Democratic party.

The Democrats don't like to hear this; they would rather imagine that Trump supporters are some kind of crazed nutcakes. They can't imagine that the liberal platform may simply be unworkable for many.

By the way, I have no clue how this will play out in this coming November. People are pretty sick of Trump, even those who voted for him last time. But who knows, if he comes to be seen as the "law and order" candidate...

Tennessee Jed

MBTI Type
INFP
There are peaceful protesters, some holding vigils. Do I think those very same people turn into violent wackos, looting criminals, just because the hand on a clock moves from one hour to the next? No, I do not. But the Trump campaign would try and get you to believe they are all one and the same.

Again, spin and messaging.

Most people get it: There are plenty of peaceful protesters, and there are legitimate problems that need solving. You don't need to spoon-feed people simple truths like that.

But still, some demonstrations spin out of control, and it's not always the fault of right-wing agitators. So all sides are to blame to some extent.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Guess what, the Soviet Union might no longer exist and quite a few things have changed, but Russians aren't stupid and they did take note, of that I am sure. What do you think is the point behind all those kremlin-led misinformation and agitation campaigns all over the Western world? There is a clear geostrategic interest in this kind of destabilization.

Edit: I must have misread and now see we were making the same point.