• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you guys agree with my typings?

yeghor

Another possible typing is ISTP instead of ISTJ. That would explain laziness as they have secondary Se, and also the anger.

Their tritype would be something like 58x.

That still does not explain your enneagram 7 and 9 are coming up high. Does this 9 description fit?

"Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts."

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"My personal associations of enneagram types with MBTI functions suggests that enneagram 9 is Si, 8 is Se, 7 is Ne, 1 is Ni. In all your scores enneagram 1 came the weakest, which must mean you are an Ni-inferior type. That means your high enneagram 7 score is off, i.e. you cannot be an Ne dominant when your Ni is quite weak."

No it doesn't, if I'm a Ne-user it means Ni is part of my shadow functions. Also I don't necessarily agree what Type 1 is Ni, I could very well see a case for Fi for type 1.

"Enneagram 5 is quite high and enneagram 6 is moderate, I relate them to Ti and Te respectively. Earlier you said you were an introvert, and you come across contained to me. You also mentioned you have high anger/tension in your body and can fly into rage sometimes. You also say you have a masculine demeanor."

I never said I was an introvert iirc. The high tension is more related to inner boredom and restlessness than anger. I don't know how my gender expression comes across, some people say I come across very femininely, others say neutral, others say very masculine. The masculinity is more related to my gender identity.

"I would assume that to be an ISTJ."

I actually did type as ISTJ a few years ago. I could make connections between things and my memories, but I think that's not really Si and instead more of past-oriented Ne, right? I can't do that anymore though Lol

"Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied."

Things I relate to are in bold. Could never relate to the 'constantly trying new things' part of type 7, but I guess that's because the tend to rely on things that change a lot.

"Nines are accepting, trusting, and stable. They are usually creative, optimistic, and supportive, but can also be too willing to go along with others to keep the peace. They want everything to go smoothly and be without conflict, but they can also tend to be complacent, simplifying problems and minimizing anything upsetting. They typically have problems with inertia and stubbornness. At their Best: indomitable and all-embracing, they are able to bring people together and heal conflicts."

Typed myself as 9w1 and then 9w8 when I first heard of the enneagram because I was like "Oh yeah I wanna be calm and happy"
Think the 7ness is somewhat repressed due to fearing my own energy at it's maximum.
Feels like you're focusing too much on irrelevant stuff. The questionnaire feels outdated, things have changed. I recommend you giving me a new one instead of relying on tests.

yeghor

"My personal associations of enneagram types with MBTI functions suggests that enneagram 9 is Si, 8 is Se, 7 is Ne, 1 is Ni. In all your scores enneagram 1 came the weakest, which must mean you are an Ni-inferior type. That means your high enneagram 7 score is off, i.e. you cannot be an Ne dominant when your Ni is quite weak."

No it doesn't, if I'm a Ne-user it means Ni is part of my shadow functions. Also I don't necessarily agree what Type 1 is Ni, I could very well see a case for Fi for type 1.

"Enneagram 5 is quite high and enneagram 6 is moderate, I relate them to Ti and Te respectively. Earlier you said you were an introvert, and you come across contained to me. You also mentioned you have high anger/tension in your body and can fly into rage sometimes. You also say you have a masculine demeanor."

I never said I was an introvert iirc. The high tension is more related to inner boredom and restlessness than anger. I don't know how my gender expression comes across, some people say I come across very femininely, others say neutral, others say very masculine. The masculinity is more related to my gender identity.

"I would assume that to be an ISTJ."

I actually did type as ISTJ a few years ago. I could make connections between things and my memories, but I think that's not really Si and instead more of past-oriented Ne, right? I can't do that anymore though Lol

"Sevens are extroverted, optimistic, versatile, and spontaneous. Playful, high-spirited, and practical, they can also misapply their many talents, becoming over-extended, scattered, and undisciplined. They constantly seek new and exciting experiences, but can become distracted and exhausted by staying on the go. They typically have problems with impatience and impulsiveness. At their Best: they focus their talents on worthwhile goals, becoming appreciative, joyous, and satisfied."

Things I relate to are in bold. Could never relate to the 'constantly trying new things' part of type 7, but I guess that's because the tend to rely on things that change a lot.

Typed myself as 9w1 and then 9w8 when I first heard of the enneagram because I was like "Oh yeah I wanna be calm and happy"
Think the 7ness is somewhat repressed due to fearing my own energy at it's maximum.
Feels like you're focusing too much on irrelevant stuff. The questionnaire feels outdated, things have changed. I recommend you giving me a new one instead of relying on tests.

You should read the enneagram type descriptions to identify your primary enneagram type. It would be much easier from there on.

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should read the enneagram type descriptions to identify your primary enneagram type. It would be much easier from there on.
Yes I already read them, I identify with type 7's core fear and desire most of all. I made this thread to see if people disagreed or had something to say.

yeghor

Yes I already read them, I identify with type 7's core fear and desire most of all. I made this thread to see if people disagreed or had something to say.

What do you usually do to alleviate that fear and satisfy that desire?

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you usually do to alleviate that fear and satisfy that desire?
Fantasize, latch onto something in the future and think about the enjoyment I'll have, eat a lot, gather information on topics I'm interested in.

yeghor

Fantasize, latch onto something in the future and think about the enjoyment I'll have, eat a lot, gather information on topics I'm interested in.

The thing is primary 7s do not fantasize consciously or knowingly.

They are the fantasy. They are acting out in a continously changing fantasy/scenario that they create w/o being aware of it. The fantasy's job is to push away negativity and keep them upbeat and happy. So that they do not need to introspect and become aware of the reality/negativity, so that the fantasy is not dispelled.

"7s shine with optimism and joy and want to find the miraculous in every moment. In their childlike astonishment and delight in life, they experience life as a gift to savor and experience. Full of idealism and plans, they often infect others with their tremendous enthusiasm. They are good at helping others see and appreciate the “sunny side” of life. These cheerful people are funny, imaginative, playful, and charming—all to protect themselves from anxiety and pain.

They build their entire mental structure around dealing with fear by cognitively pain, anxiety, and sadness, and replacing it with pleasurable experiences. They have lots of wants and it’s difficult for them to accept that they may not get those wants fulfilled, which makes them seem unrealistic or idealistic. They are always looking for a shortcut to skip the hard stuff or distracting themselves from their chronic disappointment in not getting everything they want. Though often smart, they skim-read and overestimate what they know, since they find detailed learning tedious and “not fun.”

Whenever a 7 faces anything hard, they repress or whitewash it. They may paint their experiences positively even if they are anything but and turning traumatic or tragic situations into “life lessons.”

Eating a lot to soothe anxiety/pain sounds like Se. Gathering information might be Ti but the position in the function order needs to be determined in comparison to the strength of other drives.

The key issues here are I think:

1) why do your parents think you are lazy? What do they mean by it? Do you see yourself lazy? Why?
2) are you an introvert or extravert, is your focus on the internal or the extrernal (you said you related to your father most who is an introvert)
3) Is your attention span and focus high? Can you focus yourself on one topic that you are interested for long?

yeghor

Don't know how this works but other enneagram 9s might help out to explain maybe.

Enneagram 9 Defense Mechanism
Narcotization – using food, drink, entertainment or repetitive patterns of thinking and doing to “put oneself to sleep”

Nines use narcotization to avoid conflict, manage their anger and maintain a self-image of being comfortable or harmonious. Even productive activities can keep Nines sedated if they become too habitual. Avoiding conflict with others keeps Nines from being fully present in relationships. Avoiding internal conflict leads to inertia and becoming sidetracked from personal priorities.

"Addictions
Over-eating or under-eating due to lack of self-awareness and repressed anger. Lack of physical activity. Depressants and psychotropics, alcohol, marijuana, narcotics to deaden loneliness and anxiety."

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The thing is primary 7s do not fantasize consciously or knowingly.

They are the fantasy. They are acting out in a continously changing fantasy/scenario that they create w/o being aware of it. The fantasy's job is to push away negativity and keep them upbeat and happy. So that they do not need to introspect and become aware of the reality/negativity, so that the fantasy is not dispelled."
What? How can you fantasize without realizing it? That makes no sense.

1) why do your parents think you are lazy? What do they mean by it? Do you see yourself lazy? Why?
Because I don't do shit around the house and am literally failing school because I can't be bothered to perform. I see myself as lazy when disinterested. I don't want a life of slavery and toil because I don't like it.
2) are you an introvert or extravert, is your focus on the internal or the extrernal (you said you related to your father most who is an introvert)
I don't know, I think I'm 50/50 on internal vs. external. I tend to observe and gather lots of data on things and then synthesize it.
3) Is your attention span and focus high? Can you focus yourself on one topic that you are interested for long?
For most things no. I think I can focus on things I like but it depends on what counts as 'for a long time'

"Don't know how this works but other enneagram 9s might help out to explain maybe."
I don't give a shit about peace for the sake of peace. I care about peace because most people I hang around with are quite sensitive. I tend to accidentally cause destruction if I let loose so I do not. I do not ever tell white lies to spare the peace, nor am I passive aggressive as far as I'm aware.

Also bonus note: I got this on a test and a type 5 INTP I knew who disliked me said it described me perfectly.
Basic e*r*a* (IcFcUc)
I guess it makes sense in a way. I actually retook it after a year and got the same result. What do you make of it?

yeghor

"The thing is primary 7s do not fantasize consciously or knowingly.

They are the fantasy. They are acting out in a continously changing fantasy/scenario that they create w/o being aware of it. The fantasy's job is to push away negativity and keep them upbeat and happy. So that they do not need to introspect and become aware of the reality/negativity, so that the fantasy is not dispelled."
What? How can you fantasize without realizing it? That makes no sense.

When they are mad.

Because I don't do shit around the house and am literally failing school because I can't be bothered to perform. I see myself as lazy when disinterested. I don't want a life of slavery and toil because I don't like it.
I don't know, I think I'm 50/50 on internal vs. external. I tend to observe and gather lots of data on things and then synthesize it.
For most things no. I think I can focus on things I like but it depends on what counts as 'for a long time'

"Don't know how this works but other enneagram 9s might help out to explain maybe."
I don't give a shit about peace for the sake of peace. I care about peace because most people I hang around with are quite sensitive. I tend to accidentally cause destruction if I let loose so I do not. I do not ever tell white lies to spare the peace, nor am I passive aggressive as far as I'm aware.

Also bonus note: I got this on a test and a type 5 INTP I knew who disliked me said it described me perfectly.
Basic e*r*a* (IcFcUc)
I guess it makes sense in a way. I actually retook it after a year and got the same result. What do you make of it?

"the e*r*a* is an extremely active, external environment oriented, practical minded person who has learned a social role that he plays diligently. He is very defensive against intellectual activity, is physically rugged in his interests and attitudes, and is very much concerned with the social impression he makes. He will often be forthright and decisive in order to prove that he is individualistic. He often has only the most superficial sense of compassion and empathy, but since he has negative empathy in the sense that he denies these feelings, he will be quite sadistic in his relations with others. To some extent, the e*r*a* can be the most cruel and unfeeling of the basic adjustments."

This description fits ESTP, enneagram 8.

"Enneagram 8 - Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Defying any attempt to control them, become completely ruthless, dictatorial, "might makes right." The criminal and outlaw, renegade, and con-artist. Hard-hearted, immoral and potentially violent.

Level 8: Develop delusional ideas about their power, invincibility, and ability to prevail: megalomania, feeling omnipotent, invulnerable. Recklessly over-extending self.

Level 9: If they get in danger, they may brutally destroy everything that has not conformed to their will rather than surrender to anyone else. Vengeful, barbaric, murderous. Sociopathic tendencies. Generally corresponds to the Antisocial Personality Disorder
."

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"When they are mad."
What?

"This description fits ESTP, enneagram 8."
I do feel as if I have sociopathic tendencies, but I don't think I'm *that* bad.
Plus I feel as if I don't enjoy "the thrill" enough to be an ESTP type 8 Lol, I'm saying it makes sense in my mindset and interaction style, but not in like, how I am as a person if that makes sense.

yeghor

"When they are mad."
What?

"This description fits ESTP, enneagram 8."
I do feel as if I have sociopathic tendencies, but I don't think I'm *that* bad.
Plus I feel as if I don't enjoy "the thrill" enough to be an ESTP type 8 Lol, I'm saying it makes sense in my mindset and interaction style, but not in like, how I am as a person if that makes sense.

Would really help if you or your friends could point at some tv/anime/game etc characters that they think are like you in demeanor.

Other than that I am out of ideas.

What do people in other forums say?

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would really help if you or your friends could point at some tv/anime/game etc characters that they think are like you in demeanor.

Other than that I am out of ideas.

What do people in other forums say?

I don't have any media characters I've felt were similar to me.
People in other forums say my typing style is a clear indication of an ILE (socionics ENTP) but don't elaborate.

yeghor

I don't have any media characters I've felt were similar to me.
People in other forums say my typing style is a clear indication of an ILE (socionics ENTP) but don't elaborate.

You'll discover for yourself in time by observing yourself and your attitudes and preferences.

What tv shows or animes were your favorites and why did you enjoy them?

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You'll discover for yourself in time by observing yourself and your attitudes and preferences.

What tv shows or animes were your favorites and why did you enjoy them?
The Good Place because it was funny, it had a cohesive plot, and had lots of character development. There were more, but that was the only recent example.

yeghor

The Good Place because it was funny, it had a cohesive plot, and had lots of character development. There were more, but that was the only recent example.

I think most characters are sensors so I can say this is a show that would appeal to sensing types.

Which character do you like the most and why?

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think most characters are sensors so I can say this is a show that would appeal to sensing types.

Which character do you like the most and why?

Michael. I love the idea of some kind of 'grand game master' controlling the lives of people and fucking with them. Also, his redemption arc almost made me feel something, especially with the final episode.

yeghor

Michael. I love the idea of some kind of 'grand game master' controlling the lives of people and fucking with them. Also, his redemption arc almost made me feel something, especially with the final episode.

He is not an ENTP, that's for sure.

Can't guess which type. Body language introverted. Jawline and skull structure are masculine. Looks orderly and traditional in clothing style so guessing he is an ISTJ.

I had a female ISTJ coworker who liked Sheldon Cooper in Big Bang Theory, do you like Sheldon Cooper by any chance?

OneTriz

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He is not an ENTP, that's for sure.

Can't guess which type. Body language introverted. Jawline and skull structure are masculine. Looks orderly and traditional in clothing style so guessing he is an ISTJ.

I had a female ISTJ coworker who liked Sheldon Cooper in Big Bang Theory, do you like Sheldon Cooper by any chance?

Never seen The Big Bang Theory.
Also are you looking at Michael vids/pics from Season 1? He's faking everything in that season, he's literally a demon in human form but gets redeemed later on. I can't tell what type either even having watched the whole series, Lol. My memory of the show has mostly faded though, I watched it last December.

yeghor

Never seen The Big Bang Theory.
Also are you looking at Michael vids/pics from Season 1? He's faking everything in that season, he's literally a demon in human form but gets redeemed later on. I can't tell what type either even having watched the whole series, Lol. My memory of the show has mostly faded though, I watched it last December.

I checked some random clips on youtube. I noticed that Si types like this type of goofy fun, perhaps it tickles their Ne. An ISFJ friend liked Mr. Bean quite much for instance. Sheldon is also goofy.

That Good Place show also felt like goofy fun to me.

This is all the insight I can offer. You should read more type descriptions and observe your lifestyle to find out more about yourself.