• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Do people like you?

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No and I don't care. Life is much easier when you don't put your trust into others.

Beorn

Permabanned
im-good-enough-im-smart-enough-and-gosh-darn-it-11810719.png

But, yeah, people like me.
I've put in a lot of effort over the years to make sure of it.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can come across very quiet and reserved and my RBF is pretty strong, but I'm an extrovert magnet. So people do generally tend to like me. Especially if we have one on one interaction. I have a ton of acquaintances but I keep my friend group small.

Deprecator

Nope. Hostility is so common that on the rare occasions people express indifference I've made the mistake of interpreting it as a gesture of good will or friendship.

So people do generally tend to like me. Especially if we have one on one interaction.
Yes, I for one have always liked you and can absolutely vouch for this. Which makes me wonder... for all the people who are certain to like you, how many of them are you going to like in return?

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find that people like me as long as I am doing something for them or giving them something they want. I tend to use my verbal fluidity and intuition to manipulate social situations to my advantage. I believe it was Maya Angelou who said that people will forget what you said or did, but will always remember how you made them feel. Interesting.

Hellena Handbasket

Daywalker
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Nope. Hostility is so common that on the rare occasions people express indifference I've made the mistake of interpreting it as a gesture of good will or friendship.

Yes, I for one have always liked you and can absolutely vouch for this. Which makes me wonder... for all the people who are certain to like you, how many of them are you going to like in return?

The number of people I like is definitely larger than the number of people I dislike.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have never been the popular one, but I think it has to do a lot with the fact, that I never approach anyone and I rarely openly care about other people. I am trying to change and become less selfish, care about other people more, but it's going to be a hard work for me. Besides being introverted and self indulgent, I'm actually very different from majority of people. I don't wanna sound like a special snowflake, but the truth is that I don't care about mainstream culture at all and most things that people my age like, I find absolutely awful, so it doesn't happen often that I actually meet someone who likes the same things. I am also very individualistic and often subconsciously do or say the right opposite of everything that everyone else says or does , that's an issue as well.

I do have my group of friends that I really like and they like the same things as do, at least some of them. I also have this me vs them mentality, that makes me feel like I have to stick together with my people and rebel against anyone who doesn't seem to be a part of the my group, so... I am happy when I can be with people I do consider mine.

HaySkye

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I would like to think that people do like me but it never seems to last all that long. I blame myself mostly, I just let everyone in and allow them to walk on me until they have no further use for me. I don't think about all this until after the fact and I think I allow it unintentionally in the hopes that a true bond can be attained with one or two while the others run chaotically through my life. This theory rarely holds true but I think this is just a never ending cycle my mind goes through

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
In group social settings (read: more than 3 or 4 people) I'm usually so quiet that I don't think people who don't know me have much to go off of - thus it's probably not a matter of 'like' or 'not like'. I think that's why in junior high and high school, though I had withdrawn from everyone and didn't interact and thought I was disliked, it was surprising to me years later to hear things like 'Oh you were just so quiet' or 'Oh he kind of had a crush on you but you were so quiet'. etc.

Heh, this reminds me a time when I was in high school. I had mostly withdrew from other people beginning when I was around 12ish, so I was also rather quiet extending into high school. But there was a time in high school when this one girl in my class always wanted me to come sit by her or for her to come sit by me. It mostly just confused me at the time...I think we must've had assigned seats or something.

I only realized much later on that she was doing that because she liked me and wanted to be friends with me. That sort of concept never even crossed my mind at the time! I swear I don't have Asperger's! Lol.

Starry

I'll answer this honestly and see what happens...

Yes. Too much and I don't appreciate it. It has actually made me reclusive. And there's no explanation for it. I do not consider myself physically attractive. I'm not gifted in anyway. I can be quite offensive. Still...my whole life it ihas been like this. I think people just think I'm funny...I think that's what it is.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have a question. Was this thread intended to be for INFPs alone to answer?

Note that I am not attempting to keep anyone else from answering, but am wondering if type is important to the OP.

Starry

I'm almost INFP...I've got 4 in my tritype. What is everyone else's excuse?

mgbradsh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
I have a question. Was this thread intended to be for INFPs alone to answer?

Note that I am not attempting to keep anyone else from answering, but am wondering if type is important to the OP.

My preference was for INFPs, but I don’t mind if other people want to answer, it keeps it interesting. :)

I appreciating you asking though.