• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

do butch lesbians hate men?

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
sunday, i sat with a few friends drinking some beers. I was discussing something that occured over the previous week with a person. now I don`t know her sexuality, but when i was going over the mini conflict that occured with this person. all 4 of my friends began going off about how they hate lesbians an just going on about how cunty lesbians are to "dick holders". they were pretty specific on the type of lesbians they hated. not the lipstick lesbians, but the butch dog faced lesbians. eventually after their rant an they settled, they came to the conclusion she was that.

I was not pissy about the situation that happened but now im curious if this a trending thing with hetero men, is there much loathing "butch" lesbians? Lesbians, do straight men piss you off? as it seems to be a thing i stumbled with more than just these friends. do you feel like you are being blocked by these would be crusaders of those you consider to be your romantic interest? are they meddlesome? now im curious? also? do butch lesbians an gay men fight? are flaming gay men interlopers as well?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
a lot of butch lesbians have almost exclusively male friends :shrug: i'm sure there's plenty of variation within the community though.

i have noticed/heard that some gay men dislike lesbians though.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
That's a pretty general statement to make and it's hard to say. Do straight men have mostly one kind of group as friends? It really depends on the person, right?
The few butch lesbians I know seem to have pretty diverse friends, many of which are straight males, and I would never really make the assumption that any necessarily hate men. Generally the group that are more likely to hate men or feel some contempt are those of us that have had or pursued relationships with them ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've had several butch lesbian coworkers and they got along quite fine with men... they didn't want to see them naked or anything, but they got along fine with them socially :shrug:

one former boss put a centerfold of Fabio on my computer once when I left it unlocked since that was always the department prank... the problem is that I like staring at ANYONE attractive, so I wasn't properly offended (it's a very male department)... in revenge, I put Burt Reynolds' centerfold pic on her computer when another coworker let me know that she'd left her computer unlocked... her response was a horrified "who put a MAN on my computer!" was great enough that we were in tears laughing... probably not anything HR would approve of, but she'd started it! :rofl1:

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My dad had a contractor friend years ago. She loved men and was "one of the guys" when they got together. I always assumed that the lesbians who hate men (who I have yet to meet, so perhaps their existence is overstated) were more in the category of chapstick and lipstick lesbians.

Some of my favorite people to hang out with and work with in the past could be called butch lesbians.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My sister isn't butch but she hates when men hit on her after she tells them she's a lesbian. I don't think that counts as hating men though. But I think it could be misinterpreted by more sensitive men.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's often the more feminine lesbians that don't get along with me, the masculinized ones are attracted to me in some way, it's weird. (Obvi not sexual) though. Although the older ones are clearly not attracted to me anyway ahah.

So, yeah. Be careful making such generalizations on personal experience. :)

Although some women have mistakened me to be androgenous. :shrug:

Men don't at least I'm aware of. But I don't know, I've been hit on by a few gay men too. :p

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I always find that I make really easy friends with them. I think they just dislike douchebags.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I worked with a very butch woman for awhile. We got along great. The lack of sexual tension was a relief.....

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
yeah but honestly hating douchebags pretty much applies to every group of human.

You'd think so, but this isn't true. Douchebags continue to exist because other people buy into their shit or don't feel like taking it as a calling to correct their douchey behavior. Butch lezzies usually don't fall into these two categories.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
You'd think so, but this isn't true. Douchebags continue to exist because other people buy into their shit or don't feel like taking it as a calling to correct their douchey behavior. Butch lezzies usually don't fall into these two categories.

maybe we know different people :shrug:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To be blunt, it sounds like a bunch of assholes making excuses.

Lark

Does anyone read threads titles like this and without even reading the OP feel the only possible response is "its difficult to generalise" because you know it seems like the only response.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From some theories I have heard ... yes.

The thrick is that they see men as the people that can take away many of their potential bisexual but sexy girlfriends. Therefore men are often considered to be a threat in some regards.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
They do. Friends dont lie or exaggerate about stuff like this. Not the good ones anyway.