• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

criticisms about enneagrammer's descriptions/celebrity typings

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got a typing from David Gray when I was still trying to figure out whether I was a 4 or a 9 and whether I had 4 in my tritype, and it was helpful talking to him, as it really did help to clarify my type.
Did he sing you Babylon too or would that have cost extra? :alttongue:

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Their typings seem hit or miss. They have Tori Amos and Fiona Apple listed as 7w6s which seems laughable. I tend to be skeptical of type "experts" that have taken a niche/pop psychology topic and created an atmosphere of elitism around it while also asking money for services.

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Their typings seem hit or miss. They have Tori Amos and Fiona Apple listed as 7w6s which seems laughable. I tend to be skeptical of type "experts" that have taken a niche/pop psychology topic and created an atmosphere of elitism around it while also asking money for services.

i’m not totally sold on fiona as a 7w6 but honestly i think that is one of their more viable,or at least interesting, typings. someone here covered it a few years ago:
Post in thread 'Fiona Apple'
https://www.typologycentral.com/threads/fiona-apple.72020/post-2366768

Tina&Jane

Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
i’m not totally sold on fiona as a 7w6 but honestly i think that is one of their more viable,or at least interesting, typings. someone here covered it a few years ago:
Post in thread 'Fiona Apple'
https://www.typologycentral.com/threads/fiona-apple.72020/post-2366768

Thanks for attaching that thread, it is interesting to think about rather than assuming the standard 4 typing for her. I think she can be hard to type because of her issues with mental health, particularly with anxiety. I just tend to view her overall approach as somewhat contradictory to the overall aim of the 7, which is described as seeing the positives in life and minimizing the negative. I think she can poke fun of herself, but still seems to wallow too much in her feelings to be a true 7. She's now written four albums that go in-depth about her experiences and the feelings/pain associated with them. I don't think a 7 would want to spend that much time analyzing their feelings and also being as honest about their flaws and doubts as she's been throughout her career. I'm more inclined to think her head fix is 6w7, with a 4w3 heart fix and 9w8 gut fix.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
they posted about some "official" celebrity typings they changed, and they have snatched the highly coveted 4w5 title from even more people! there are now only 7 verified 4w5s on their database 👀

counted a couple other types for comparison... they have 64 celebs as 9w8s and 28 as 5w4s. sure, 9 is a much more common type than 4, but i'd think 5w4 would be comparable. just very silly and over the top gatekeeping lol.

*chants not a 4* :worthy: